Church/Covid Vent Thread

Started by CF Mathews, October 03, 2020, 09:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CF Mathews

There's a lot I could say on this topic but let me start with what happened today.  We were taking a family walk and wound up passing a church we don't usually go to.  I thought it would be nice to go in and pray.  When I tried the door it was locked and Saturday eve Mass was going on.  I could see there was plenty of room in the church but still they locked the door.  I could also see someone at the podium in a mask.  I knelt in respect to the Blessed Sacrament inside, and left. 

It was a terrible feeling to be locked outside of a church.  I wondered if they are at all concerned about losing money.  They don't know how much money I might have dropped had I been allowed inside.  They don't know if I was coming to attend Mass.  Maybe that would have been the only Mass I could get to.  Maybe I was grieving and needed to pray.  I just don't get it...so we have arrived at the hour where we can be locked out of Holy Mass, if we are allowed to attend at all. 

I'm sure many of you have your own stories.

Greg

My story is that I would not set foot inside any Novus Ordo Church unless a Tridentine Mass was being said.  And the odd wedding I am forced to go to.

I am not even confident the Blessed Sacrament is in the tabernacle 95% of the time. It makes no sense to me that so many priests could be working so many miracles and yet be so weak and cowardly when it comes time to stand up to abortionist politicians and pedophiles in their own ranks.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: CF Mathews on October 03, 2020, 09:34:48 PM
It was a terrible feeling to be locked outside of a church.  I wondered if they are at all concerned about losing money.  They don't know how much money I might have dropped had I been allowed inside.  They don't know if I was coming to attend Mass.

I'm pretty sure this organization has completely changed streams.  Revenue streams, that is.  Looks to me that the transformation to Super NGO is complete and the Fed is pumping and dumping on one end and money is going out to lawyers on the other to sue "miracle workers", i.e. priests, for sodomizing little boys. 

Glad they locked the doors.  Next step is to light the match.  Torch it.  I mean that is what organized criminals do when they run up all the credit and steal all the property and never paid for goods, now isn't it?  Looks to me that they are "Busting Out" the entire edifice.  Right before our very eyes. 

They don't need your measly $10 as the contributions of us peasents wouldn't be worth it.  In fact, it could be an expensive gift for them as you might have occasion to offer them an opinion or two. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Prayerful

At least I'm able to pray, and the PP does given Communion after Benediction. Communion outside of Mass was a custom, and there is a text for it in any missal. Nearest thing to Mass for now.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

CF Mathews

Quote from: Innocent Smith on October 04, 2020, 04:59:52 AM
I'm pretty sure this organization has completely changed streams.  Revenue streams, that is.  Looks to me that the transformation to Super NGO is complete and the Fed is pumping and dumping on one end and money is going out to lawyers on the other to sue "miracle workers", i.e. priests, for sodomizing little boys. 

Glad they locked the doors.  Next step is to light the match.  Torch it.  I mean that is what organized criminals do when they run up all the credit and steal all the property and never paid for goods, now isn't it?  Looks to me that they are "Busting Out" the entire edifice.  Right before our very eyes. 

They don't need your measly $10 as the contributions of us peasents wouldn't be worth it.  In fact, it could be an expensive gift for them as you might have occasion to offer them an opinion or two.

Yes, I had the same thought, that it seems as if they are complicit in their own "demise."  As if this was the plan all along.  Do they think we are stupid?  Do they think we can't ask ourselves these obvious questions?  Or are they so completely terrified of covid that they are willing to eat canned beans from now on?  Or do they just want to be cozy with the "authorities?"  Good little boys?  As if anyone would even care what this out of the way, hole in the wall church did.  As if the bishop even knows this pastor's name.  Alternate revenue stream?  Very interesting.  I really have to wonder.  (BTW, it is a Novus Ordo church with a bad history, which we have gone to only rarely when traveling.)

Miriam_M

I refuse to "register" at any Mass -- outdoor, indoor, wherever.  That includes the Latin Mass, low or High.  It is unconscionable and an enormous violation of the Gospel and Canon law of the Church to (1) restrict attendance (2) demand names and other identifying information.

Mass is to be an anonymous worship occasion and sacramental occasion. 

I also refuse to attend any Mass where masks are required.  (For all the reasons I've stated elsewhere on SD.)

Early on during the lockdown, I was attending an independent chapel where I still often attend.  In our case, the priest had requested that we all arrive no later than ten minutes before Mass so that we could lock the door from curiosity seekers outside, but that announcement was made in advance. (The Mass was basically by email invitation only, so we were all emailed.)  It had nothing to do with registration, though. We didn't "sign up."  It had only to do with secrecy from the civil authorities. The priest didn't want anyone from the outside reporting on us to civil officials, so that's why the door was locked just before Mass.  I think he's not locking the door now, because the atmosphere in the general public is now more relaxed and less exaggerated/hyped.  Also, the chapel space is very tiny and would not have accommodated more people after the start of Mass.  (We do not distance from each other at all; we are all next to each other in the pews.  People who are too terrified to attend Mass merely don't come, which is always the way it should have been -- for religious institutions, commercial establishments, and schools and colleges.  Deprive yourself of freedom of movement; don't deprive others of their right to make their own healthcare choices.)

Oh -- and regarding money -- I'll contribute when Masses return to normal, that is, my local Latin Mass locations.  As it is, I'm spending a lot of money on gas, having to travel to non-masked Masses and non-registered Masses (etc.), so, sorry, local parish, I'm fresh out of donation money.

Southern Ascetic

I've become a bit tired of the majority of FSSP priest's attitudes, not all, but most just pandering completely to the local bishop's wishes on mask mandates. I have multiple stories I could tell, like getting kicked off Church property on Easter Sunday for merely wanting to pray outside.

Masks have always been 'required' at mass, even though our state doesn't require any institution to require them, and actually discourages them from doing so. Yet, surprise surprise, the bishop requires them. People at our FSSP parish just stopped wearing them after awhile, family after family, week after week, less and less people wearing them, to now it's only like maybe 2 dozen people wearing them on Sunday and the rest of the 400 people or so are not.

So our pastor gets up on the pulpit yesterday and says "Masks are required at this parish, and out of obedience and charity to your neighbor, please wear a mask".

Gimme a break, a bishop does not have the authority to make medical decisions for you, nor does your pastor (the masks don't do anything anyway). Period. It is unjust to require masks. I will continue going without a mask until they try to throw me out of the parish.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: CF Mathews on October 04, 2020, 06:33:24 PM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on October 04, 2020, 04:59:52 AM

Yes, I had the same thought, that it seems as if they are complicit in their own "demise."  As if this was the plan all along.  Do they think we are stupid?  Do they think we can't ask ourselves these obvious questions?  Or are they so completely terrified of covid that they are willing to eat canned beans from now on?  Or do they just want to be cozy with the "authorities?"  Good little boys?  As if anyone would even care what this out of the way, hole in the wall church did.  As if the bishop even knows this pastor's name.  Alternate revenue stream?  Very interesting.  I really have to wonder.  (BTW, it is a Novus Ordo church with a bad history, which we have gone to only rarely when traveling.)

The hand sanitizer thing has been going on for as long as I can remember when having to attend NO Mass.  It was due to the "need" for Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist.  They would all march down the altar steps like good little children who recall lining up at school and each take one pump before resuming their position with palms wide open ready for the priest to deposit the Body of Christ into their sanitized little hands. 

I once wrote a screed about the need to incorporate these movements into the rubrics of the New Mess.  I even hinted at ideas for furnishings to perform it in a way more pleasing to God.  Perhaps a golden sleeve to house the hand sanitizer? 

But, yes, the Catholic Church gets billions in aid for their charity work worldwide.  They've been partners with the U.S. Government since at least the beginnings of the Cold War and Ostpolitik.  This all came about because the Church was a ready and willing partner with the C.I.A. in order to sell The American Proposition to the rest of the world. 

That, my friend, was the entry point of the Church putting the U.N., and The American Proposition in First Place ahead of the Holy Gospel which it had been preaching for 1940, or so, odd years. 

The New Mass was most likely deemed necessary to these fools since the U.S. financed the destruction, but more importantly the re-construction of Western Europe, due to the entrance of a weapon they perceive as being more powerful than Almighty God. 

During this same period automobiles looked like rockets, Count Basie released The Atomic Mr. Basie with awesome picture of mushroom cloud on cover.  Tomorrow Land opens with a new theme park in L.A. called Disneyland.  Baseball makes it to the West Coast as well. 

It really is that pathetic.  Nuclear bombs do not exist.  They are ghosts to fill up the coffers of the banks. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Greg on October 04, 2020, 03:12:05 AM

I am not even confident the Blessed Sacrament is in the tabernacle 95% of the time.

Same, and how messed up is that.

The Theosist

Quote from: Miriam_M on October 04, 2020, 07:05:25 PM
I refuse to "register" at any Mass -- outdoor, indoor, wherever.  That includes the Latin Mass, low or High.  It is unconscionable and an enormous violation of the Gospel and Canon law of the Church to (1) restrict attendance (2) demand names and other identifying information.

I also refuse to attend any Mass where masks are required.  (For all the reasons I've stated elsewhere on SD.)

Early on during the lockdown, I was attending an independent chapel where I still often attend.  In our case, the priest had requested that we all arrive no later than ten minutes before Mass so that we could lock the door from curiosity seekers outside, but that announcement was made in advance. (The Mass was basically by email invitation only, so we were all emailed.)  It had nothing to do with registration, though. We didn't "sign up."  It had only to do with secrecy from the civil authorities. The priest didn't want anyone from the outside reporting on us to civil officials, so that's why the door was locked just before Mass.  I think he's not locking the door now, because the atmosphere in the general public is now more relaxed and less exaggerated/hyped.  Also, the chapel space is very tiny and would not have accommodated more people after the start of Mass.  (We do not distance from each other at all; we are all next to each other in the pews.  People who are too terrified to attend Mass merely don't come, which is always the way it should have been -- for religious institutions, commercial establishments, and schools and colleges.  Deprive yourself of freedom of movement; don't deprive others of their right to make their own healthcare choices.)

Oh -- and regarding money -- I'll contribute when Masses return to normal, that is, my local Latin Mass locations.  As it is, I'm spending a lot of money on gas, having to travel to non-masked Masses and non-registered Masses (etc.), so, sorry, local parish, I'm fresh out of donation money.

Lockdown compliance was the final straw for me and why I'll never be going back. All other things aside, I would never accept that a church which denies Christians the Eucharist in compliance with government orders is the "true church". I would never accept that church which buys hook, line and sinker into an outright lie and one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated by government is divinely guided. A ship of fools is not the ark of salvation.

Graham

Quote from: The Theosist on October 05, 2020, 07:46:40 AM

Lockdown compliance was the final straw for me and why I'll never be going back. All other things aside, I would never accept that a church which denies Christians the Eucharist in compliance with government orders is the "true church". I would never accept that church which buys hook, line and sinker into an outright lie and one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated by government is divinely guided. A ship of fools is not the ark of salvation.

Never going back to what? The NO mass?

Southern Ascetic

I don't know of any traditionalist group that didn't comply to some degree except for possibly SSPX-MC (Resistance) priests. It was varied between SSPX chapels, and Ecclesia Dei orders.

It was funny in my state because the Eastern Rite was the only Church in the entire state to open first, so we just went there.

Greg

The SSPX here in the UK did not comply everywhere.  I heard they did in places but everywhere I went (3 SSPX chapels) they did not.  The Latin Mass Society where I live just had mass in the local representative's garden and nobody wore a mask and everyone knelt down for communion as normal and they are all old too, I am the youngest adult there at 52 (apart from my wife who is eternally 25)  They just didn't ask and didn't tell.

On the website they gave the impression they would and then everyone just ignored it.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

paul14

Quote from: The Theosist on October 05, 2020, 07:46:40 AM

You sound like William Roper in a Man for all Seasons.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBiLT3LASk[/yt]

Greg

I wonder if this will cause a schism in the Church?

The Cardinal they just fired was the number 3 after Bergoglio and the Vatican SoS.

I can't see the media leave this alone and in attacking the church they might help it to split, with the good willed in one camp and the evil doers and useful idiots in the other.