Avoid getting scammed at the gas station

Started by GiftOfGod, November 25, 2021, 04:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

This has been a thing in NorCal with gas prices getting above $5/gallon.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjnIjG9wJM[/yt]
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Frank

in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

GiftOfGod

If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

MaximGun

You forgot to convert it to dollars Frank £5.79 pounds per US Gallon (3.875 litres) is $7.71

GiftOfGod

Quote from: MaximGun on November 25, 2021, 05:35:38 PM
You forgot to convert it to dollars Frank £5.79 pounds per US Gallon (3.875 litres) is $7.71
That's insane. The UK has inflation too? I thought it was just a Trump/Biden thing in the USA.

If gas was $7.71/gallon in the USA there would be riots.

Frank

Frank

MaximGun

Google is wrong then.

Petrol is £1.48 per litre.  Multiply by 3.785 to convert litres to a US Gallon.  That equals £5.64

Now convert to dollars at today's spot rate equals.  $7.51 per US Gallon

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Frank on November 25, 2021, 05:48:17 PM
https://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

Groggy should go to Moscow.
I don't need to because I drive an electric car and am quite happy with it. I would assume that Russia's gas prices are low because Russia is a typical sh*thole petro nation that subsidizes it to prevent the masses from being too angry with the government. It's a common thing for those types of countries.

Frank

Max. Look up those 2 links I sent. Is CNN wrong as well?
I quoted the London price in US$ so he could compare it to his price.

Frank

Quote from: MaximGun on November 25, 2021, 05:35:38 PM
I think you mean 3.785 or 3.78541 if you want to be more accurate.  ;)

MaximGun

The CNN link is from 2005 Frank. Read it.

I have given you the working out above.  It is simple enough.

Frank

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 25, 2021, 05:57:45 PM

I don't need to because I drive an electric car and am quite happy with it. I would assume that Russia's gas prices are low because Russia is a typical sh*thole petrol nation that subsidizes it to prevent the masses from being too angry with the government. It's a common thing for those types of countries.
Luck you.
I believe California has got some shitholes. I can't remember the names though.
One of the reasons people are leaving I suppose.

Frank

Quote from: MaximGun on November 25, 2021, 06:30:53 PM

That's weird. Both of those links being wrong.

However it's long gone midnight and I need my beauty sleep so....

[yt][/yt]

GiftOfGod

Quote from: MaximGun on November 25, 2021, 06:30:53 PM

I can't believe I missed that.

Quote from: Frank on November 25, 2021, 06:38:16 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 25, 2021, 05:57:45 PM

I don't need to because I drive an electric car and am quite happy with it. I would assume that Russia's gas prices are low because Russia is a typical sh*thole petrol nation that subsidizes it to prevent the masses from being too angry with the government. It's a common thing for those types of countries.
Luck you.
I believe California has got some shitholes. I can't remember the names though.
One of the reasons people are leaving I suppose.
Sure, Tenderloin in San Francisco, Oakland, and Richmond, to name a few.