protestant church gym: is it ok?

Started by Tennessean, October 24, 2021, 04:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessean

Many megachurches have these. Is paying a protestant house of worship for use of their gym a sin or an occasion to sin, even if its separate from their church?

I worked for one years ago, by separate, I mean they are (or this one was) organized separately from the church corporation. It was self-sustaining and legally separate, and it was located in a different building.

Gardener

Only if you yell out the following while working out:

"And one for St. Simon of Cyrene" as your last rep on the squat bar

"St. Veronica pray for us!" when you wipe your face with a towel

"St. Dismas pray for us!" when on the fly machine

"They have no more wine!" when at the water fountain

Moan, "It's like purgatory in here!" in the sauna

etc.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

clau clau

Sorry, Yes.  Of course it is ok.  (I dont know why I wrote No at first)
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Heinrich

Yeah, I would say so. Your dues would be used to fund heresy as well as their dumbbell, curls for girls swole patrol.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on October 24, 2021, 05:31:05 PM
Yeah, I would say so. Your dues would be used to fund heresy as well as their dumbbell, curls for girls swole patrol.

I mean, paying dues at any gym that has cable machines is funding heresy, amirite?!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Tennessean

Quote from: Gardener on October 24, 2021, 06:43:57 PM

I mean, paying dues at any gym that has cable machines is funding heresy, amirite?!
Praise be heresiarch Arthur Jones, bringer of the Nautilus.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on October 24, 2021, 06:43:57 PM

There's a place for cable movements as accessories.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Mattchew83

Quote from: Tennessean on October 24, 2021, 04:23:55 PM
Many megachurches have these. Is paying a protestant house of worship for use of their gym a sin or an occasion to sin, even if its separate from their church?

I worked for one years ago, by separate, I mean they are (or this one was) organized separately from the church corporation. It was self-sustaining and legally separate, and it was located in a different building.
I would say no. The Bible says you are supposed to avoid heretics.