Author Topic: Hi From New England  (Read 1307 times)

Online mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Hi From New England
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2021, 05:15:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison, bilbobaggins

Offline LausTibiChriste

• Pureblood
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • St Sergius, pray for us
  • Religion: Russian Greek Catholic in training
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »
Yo
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

Offline Michael Wilson

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2021, 06:54:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum; I like to describe this forum as "Buck Hall; home to several generations of Brandybucks, who live peaceable together (more or less).
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Offline GiftOfGod

• "The new mass, sacraments, and priests are bastards." - Archbishop Lefebvre, An Open Letter to Confused Catholics, page 116
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2021, 07:16:19 PM »
http://www.themaineoutdoorsman.com/2020/02/northern-pike-scourge-of-maine.html
I don't know why the government just doesn't remove ecological specimens in these lakes/ponds, poison or drain them to kill everything before refilling it and then reintroduce the native species. It seems a lot more efficient and is probably cheaper in the long run.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:24:02 PM by GiftOfGod »
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Offline bilbobaggins

• Hellebardier
  • Religion: Christian
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2021, 07:18:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum; I like to describe this forum as "Buck Hall; home to several generations of Brandybucks, who live peaceable together (more or less).

Now that is as generous a compliment as could be given to any according to me. This hobbit should be able to make himself feel right at home then.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison

Offline The Curt Jester

• Water-drinker at the Coffee Social
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Neo-Pelagian Angry Traditionalist with Narcissistic Tendencies
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 12:14:46 AM »
Welcome!

I think you'll find a lot of Tolkien readers here on the forum. 
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, Christe Eleison, bilbobaggins

Offline bilbobaggins

• Hellebardier
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2021, 08:54:36 AM »
Welcome!

I think you'll find a lot of Tolkien readers here on the forum.

My kind of people then. :cheeseheadbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison

Online Melkor

• Wachtmeister
  • memento mori
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2021, 01:15:14 PM »
Bilbo, here is the link to Gloomhaven. I was asking if you played it because I am contemplating getting it, it has really good reviews and I like that kind of game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/174430/gloomhaven
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." - G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

The following users thanked this post: bilbobaggins

Offline bilbobaggins

• Hellebardier
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2021, 01:25:14 PM »
Bilbo, here is the link to Gloomhaven. I was asking if you played it because I am contemplating getting it, it has really good reviews and I like that kind of game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/174430/gloomhaven

Thanks for providing the link. i will have to look into that one, 8.8 rating is good.

Here is war of the ring a great lore accurate Tolkien grand strategy game i love

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/115746/war-ring-second-edition

and here is a game my brother made. hes making a new one based on ww2.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/292486/six-empires

The following users thanked this post: Melkor

Online Melkor

• Wachtmeister
  • memento mori
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2021, 01:28:02 PM »
It’s hard for me to get into RPG board games because none of my siblings like that kind of thing. I mainly play Grim Dawn (PC) to fulfill my ARPG cravings. Waiting on this game currently:

https://darkpointgames.com/games/achilles/

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." - G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

The following users thanked this post: bilbobaggins

Offline bilbobaggins

• Hellebardier
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2021, 02:27:33 PM »
It’s hard for me to get into RPG board games because none of my siblings like that kind of thing. I mainly play Grim Dawn (PC) to fulfill my ARPG cravings. Waiting on this game currently:

https://darkpointgames.com/games/achilles/

Wow, the trailor make it look amazing. I mostly play PC as well but i need an upgrade before i play something like that.

The following users thanked this post: Melkor

Online Melkor

• Wachtmeister
  • memento mori
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2021, 02:28:43 PM »
Yeah it’s gonna be a good one, first quarter of 2022. System reqs shouldn’t be that high.