The Assassination of Reinhard Heydrich

Started by Vetus Ordo, September 30, 2021, 07:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

The Assassination of Reinhard Heydrich

Reinhard Heydrich was considered the most dangerous man in Nazi Germany after Hitler himself. The plot to kill him masterminded in England and carried through to finality in Prague in 1942, is told in this gripping dramatised documentary special. Featuring meticulous reconstructions, coupled with authentic historical film, some of it never shown before the film powerfully presents a vivid account of the only successful assassination of a leading Nazi in World War II. It also chillingly recreates the terrible human cost of SS savagery against the Resistance and the total obliteration of the village of Lidice.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whHbN8-E5Lg[/yt]
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

LausTibiChriste

You can still see the bullet holes on the Orthodox Cathedral in Prague from the SS/Nazis trying to get the assailants who did this
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on October 05, 2021, 11:54:22 PM
Don't piss off the Czechs....

Bah, Czechs have no spirit nor fight in them anymore.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2021, 11:58:17 PM

Slavs in general are just pissed off people most the time.  Myself and my coworkers have met plenty.  History has shown that you can occupy "Czechia" but you can never truly conquer it.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on October 07, 2021, 10:54:22 PM

Slavs in general are just pissed off people most the time.  Myself and my coworkers have met plenty.  History has shown that you can occupy "Czechia" but you can never truly conquer it.

There's huge differences in Western, Eastern and Southern Slavs from my experience.

There's also a huge difference between Slavs who've emigrated to the New World vs. those who remain.

I lived in "Czechia" they're weak. Poles were generally stronger and angrier.

- MaximGun

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 08, 2021, 12:59:14 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on October 07, 2021, 10:54:22 PM

There's huge differences in Western, Eastern and Southern Slavs from my experience.

There's also a huge difference between Slavs who've emigrated to the New World vs. those who remain.

I lived in "Czechia" they're weak. Poles were generally stronger and angrier.

Of course, and you might as well say most of West Europe is weak since they abandoned not only the Faith but pretty much anything resembling an actual system of beliefs and ethics.  And the Czechs now are probably too busy hammering down beers to do much else anyway.  I doubt I need to tell you about their drunk stumbling president lol.  I've studied the popular (at least formerly) Czech Sokol movement (they even had branches in the area I grew up, one of 2 pockets of heavy Bohemian settlement in WI; I have many Czech surnames in my own lineage and yes we still stuff down kolaches), and in its extreme nationalism there was absolutely no mention of God anywhere.    So...combine the effects of the Protestant Revolt in the country, its nationalism and lukewarm Faith in the 19-20th century, they had little to help them hold out against Communism, so I'm not surprised they're now among the most atheist of European countries.  It was not always so sadly, they were among the most stalwart of allies for the Teutonic Knights, and one of their Kings even personally joined them on Crusade.  Gustavas Adoplhus found Bohemia to be loyal to the Emperor during his campaigns.  And while not a religious movement, the Czech Legion fought their way through communists all the way from Ukraine to the Pacific after WWI, and did a fine job of killing bolshevists.  I am confident when my estranged people return to the Faith the lion of Bohemia shall again roar proudly.

https://www.worldhistory.biz/middle-ages/17925-103-nbsp-flags-of-the-teutonic-knights.html  See flag "h"

P.S.  The Poles jumped on the chance the Nazi occupation of Czechoslovakia offered to swoop down and seize some of their land. I find it hard, personally, to believe this had nothing to do with their defeat by the Nazis and Soviets later on with the outbreak of WW2, after God delivered them from the Soviets in 1920.

red solo cup

I'd be curious to know what happened to Heydrich's two sons. The ones shown at his funeral.
non impediti ratione cogitationis