Happy Feast of the Birth of Our Blessed Mother! September 8, 2021

Started by Christe Eleison, September 07, 2021, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

Ave Maria | Schubert | Solo & Choir with Lyrics (Latin & English) | Hail Mary :pray3:

Aida Garifullina - Ave Maria (Schubert)  :pray2:

HAPPY FEAST DAY OF THE BIRTH OF OUR BLESSED MOTHER MARY!!!

:pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

May Our Blessed Mother wrap all of us under her mantle! :pray3:

God Bless you all!

Are you doing anything special to celebrate Our Lady's Birthday?  :pray2: :pray3:

Christe Eleison

A Brief History of Maria Bambina (Holy Child Mary)

Holy Mother Church celebrates the birthday of Our Blessed Mother Mary on
the 8th of September each year, but rarely is our attention drawn to Our Lady as an infant. Devotion to Maria Bambina helps to fill that void.

The miraculous image of Maria Bambina was made prior to 1730 by a Franciscan nun who afterwards entrusted Her to others. During the ensuing years She came into the care of the Sisters of Charity at Lovere, Italy. In 1856 these Sisters of Charity were asked to take over the management of the Hospital of Ciceri in Milan and in 1876 this waxen image was carried to their Mother House there at Via S. Sofia 13, where She has remained ever since.

The beautiful image of the Maria Bambina was exposed for veneration only on the 8th of September, the Feast of Mary's Nativity. In 1884, those who were devoted to the Maria Bambina received a reward for their devotion. Due to paralysis in her arms and feet, Sister Josephine Woinovich was bedridden and in unbearable pain. On the 8th of September she begged the Mother General to get Maria Bambina and leave the image near her overnight. The following morning the Mother General was inspired to take the image, so old, worn and grayish colored to the other sick Sisters in the infirmary so they could kiss Her. There was in the infirmary a good novice, Giulia Macario, who was unable to move because of her serious illness, but who, overcome by her ardent faith, took the image into her arms and pleaded with Her in tender and loving words for the Grace for her recovery. She was immediately and miraculously cured, for such Faith moves mountains. And at the same time this image itself underwent an amazing transformation from the former dull gray color to the warm flesh hues it has today, as can be seen, where She is enshrined in the Sanctuary of the Mother House in Milan.

Many graces and miracles have come from devotion to the Maria Bambina, among them the recovery of Sister Josephine Woinovich herself. And that is why these sisters are now commonly known as the Sisters of Maria Bambina. Each year on Our Lady's birthday, the Sisters of the Bambina touch small pieces of cotton to the miraculous image of the Maria Bambina. These pieces of cotton are then distributed as sacramentals to those who have become attached to devotion of Maria Bambina. (Taken from information provided by the Sisters. Imprimatur: In Curia Arch Mediolani die 14-1-196; Theresius Ferraroni)

:pray2: :pray3:

https://www.sacramentals.org/MariaBambina.htm

Christe Eleison

Have a Happy Feast of the Nativity of Our Blessed Mother!  :pray3:

"Thy Nativity, O Virgin Mother of God, brings joy to the whole world, because from you came forth the Son of Justice, Christ, our God."

:pray2:

Christe Eleison

Day 1 – Novena to Maria Bambina :pray3:

Let us begin,

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.
:pray3:

Holy Child Mary of the royal house of David, Queen of the angels, Mother of grace and love, I greet you with all my heart. Obtain for me the grace to love the Lord faithfully during all the days of my life. Obtain for me, too, a great devotion to you, who are the first creature of God's love.

Hail Mary, full of grace................ O heavenly Child Mary, who like a pure dove was born immaculate and beautiful, true prodigy of the wisdom of God, my soul rejoices in you. Oh! Do help me to preserve the angelic virtue of purity at the cost of any sacrifice.

Hail Mary, full of grace................ Hail, lovely and holy Child, spiritual garden of delight, where, on the day of the Incarnation, the tree of life was planted, assist me to avoid the poisonous fruit of vanity and pleasures of the world. Help me to engraft into my soul the thoughts, feelings, and virtues of your divine Son.

Hail Mary, full of grace................ Hail, admirable Child Mary, Mystical Rose, closed garden, open only to the heavenly Spouse. O Lily of paradise, make me love the humble and hidden life; let the heavenly Spouse find the gate of my heart always open to the loving calls of His graces and inspiration.

Hail Mary, full of grace................ Holy Child Mary, mystical dawn, gate of heaven, you are my trust and hope. O powerful advocate, from your cradle stretch out your hand, Support me on the path of life. Make me serve God with ardor and constancy until death and so reach an eternity with you. Hail Mary, full of grace................

Prayer

Blessed Child Mary, destined to be the Mother of God and our loving Mother, by the heavenly graces you lavish upon us, mercifully listen to my supplications. In the needs which press upon me from every side and especially in my present tribulation, I place all my trust in you. O holy Child, by the privileges granted to you alone and by the merits which you have acquired, show that the source of spiritual favors and the continuous benefits which you dispense are inexhaustible, because your power with the Heart of God is unlimited. Deign through the immense profusion of graces with which the Most High has enriched you from the first moment of your Immaculate Conception, grant me, O Celestial Child, my petition, and I shall eternally praise the goodness of your Immaculate Heart.

I M P R I M A T U RIn Curia Archiep. Mediolani31 August 1931Can. CAVEZZALI, Pro Vic. Gen 

Say 1: Our Father...  Say 1: Hail Mary... Say 1: Glory Be...

:pray3: :pray2:

Happy Feast of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary! September 8, 2021

Melkor

I am going to Mass and Confession tonight! Will pray for all of you folks.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Melkor on September 08, 2021, 08:10:07 AM
I am going to Mass and Confession tonight! Will pray for all of you folks.

Dear MELKOR,

Thank you for your post! :thumbsup:
Thanks for praying for all of us & our intentions!  :toth:
May God Bless you & Our Blessed Mother keep you under her mantle!! :pray3:

:grouphug:

HAPPY FEAST DAY of the NATIVITY of Our Blessed Mother!!!
:pray2: :pray3:

aquinas138

Be thou renewed, O Adam! Rejoice, O Eve! Make merry, O David! Be of good cheer, O Anna, for the Mother of thy Creator is born most gloriously! All the earth joineth chorus, renewed, and rejoicing, clad in the vesture of gladness. Let every tongue now cry out to thee, O Mary, in chorus: Blessed is the house of David, for it nurtureth her who nourisheth our Life!
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

queen.saints

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 08, 2021, 12:57:51 AM

the 8th of September each year, but rarely is our attention drawn to Our Lady as an infant. Devotion to Maria Bambina helps to fill that void.

Thank you for posting this, Christe Eleison! I had never really thought about Our Lady as a baby before.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

diaduit

Happy Birthday Our Lady and its a happier day for us when you were born.

Also please return the blessings to Christe Elesion when its her birthday ....you'll have to tell us CE.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: queen.saints on September 08, 2021, 01:07:46 PM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 08, 2021, 12:57:51 AM

Thank you for posting this, Christe Eleison! I had never really thought about Our Lady as a baby before.

Dear Queen Saints, :seeya:

Thanks for your kind post! :thumbsup: And I agree with you. Ever since I was a child, and I would look at a picture of Saint Anne with Our Blessed Mother, I always thought it was Baby Jesus. It still happens.

We never think of her as a baby, since she is Our Beloved Mother in Heaven! :pray3:

May God Bless you & your love ones, Queen Saints! :pray3:

HAPPY FEAST DAY!!

Christe Eleison

Nativity of Mary, the Mother of Feast Days

I love listening to this Holy Priest!
His Sermons are always educational & edifying.

Please keep him in your prayers! May God Bless him!

HAPPY FEAST DAY!! :pray1:

Christe Eleison

Dear DIADUIT, :seeya:
It is always GREAT to see you! And I miss you when you are not around! :grouphug:
Thanks for your lovely post & wishes! :thumbsup: I appreciate it!

It is definitely a happier day when Our Beloved Mother in Heaven was born! :pray3:

May she keep her mantle wrapped around us, protecting us from evil! :pray3:
May God Bless you & your loved ones!!

Quote from: diaduit on September 08, 2021, 01:21:55 PM
Happy Birthday Our Lady and its a happier day for us when you were born.

Also please return the blessings to Christe Elesion when its her birthday   :toth:....you'll have to tell us CE.