Gambling

Started by Philip G., September 07, 2021, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Philip G. on December 03, 2021, 11:08:44 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 03, 2021, 11:02:40 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on December 03, 2021, 10:58:44 PM
In gambling, ultimately, the house always wins/comes out ahead.  In usury, the lender always has and retains the upper hand, because the issuance of new money devalues the money received, making it more difficult for the borrower to one, make use of the loan, and two repay the loan, and three get ahead in any ways shape or form as a result.  The borrower always loses.
Wrong. With inflation, lenders lose. I am a proud debtor because loans have greatly benefitted me.

Lenders never loan out money without collateral.
Wrong again and that's irrelevant because I didn't mention collateral.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Philip G.

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 03, 2021, 11:18:12 PM
In gambling, ultimately, the house always wins/comes out ahead.  In usury, the lender always has and retains the upper hand, because the issuance of new money devalues the money received, making it more difficult for the borrower to one, make use of the loan, and two repay the loan, and three get ahead in any ways shape or form as a result.  The borrower always loses.
Wrong. With inflation, lenders lose. I am a proud debtor because loans have greatly benefitted me.

Good luck convincing anyone on this forum that your wealth is benefitting you.

"And every one that heareth these my words, and doth them not, shall be like a foolish man that built his house upon the sand."  Now that society has become totally corrupted, and all the markets in the hands of the bankers, sure they can lend out money at low interest to judaics/masons like yourself and in the short term lose academically.  But, I am not arguing from a modern point of societal failure/a foundation of sand.  Usury in its basic form always has collateral, and its issuance at the very least slowly but surely results in defaults on the loan.  When it doesn't the money generated is always funneled into vicious ventures.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Philip G. on December 03, 2021, 11:42:48 PM

I just refi'd my mortgage to a 2.975% APR 30 year. The year-over-year inflation rate is 6.22%. The difference is a decrease in my very large mortgage balance. I lowered my monthly payment by almost $500 and now have that much extra money in my pocket every month.

I'd say it's benefitting me.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Philip G.

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 03, 2021, 11:52:27 PM
Quote from: Philip G. on December 03, 2021, 11:42:48 PM

I just refi'd my mortgage to a 2.975% APR 30 year. The year-over-year inflation rate is 6.22%. The difference is a decrease in my very large mortgage balance. I lowered my monthly payment by almost $500 and now have that much extra money in my pocket every month.

I'd say it's benefitting me.

"When thou art invited to a wedding, sit not down in the first place, lest perhaps one more honourable than thou be invited by him.  And he that invited thee and him, come and say to thee, Give this man place, and then thou begin with shame to take the lowest place."
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12