going into read only mode

Started by andy, July 05, 2021, 07:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Hi,

After being recently warned and later banned, I knew that my luck with Headcheese is at odds now. It might happen again, because I am not going to change my style just because he does not like it. In fact, it all is borderline of being hypocrite as there is well know user here, The Only Catholic (tm), who personally attack others almost daily and goes with his accusations left and right, of a lack of charity and other atrocities. Hopefully he stopped this behaviour by now, I do not follow him any more. Still, nothing happens to him, not even a single public warning. It is almost like Crazy and Headcheese is same person  :cheeseheadbeer: But I digress.

I did share earlier, that I do believe that many problems here could be prevented, if the forum was not  anonymous and at least some discussion were closed to public. There are some inherent issues with the structure of boards like this which almost invite certain behavior, incur unnecessary repetition, create unhealthy race conditions etc. Rather than sharing knowledge and news in more structured fashion. It is almost as symptomatic as likes on Facebook. And like Facebook, it will never scale up. The nature of the forum limits it to only certain number of active users, so over the time it becomes naturally hermetic, as in order to be even on the radar, one has to develop a certain brand.

While I admire some authors here and still learn quite a bit over here, and probably my posts are probably less of a value to others, I decided to switch into read only mode from now on. Barred some exceptions here or there. Of course provided that I am not banned again, which may very well happen after this post. Other reason is, I want to spend more time reading good old books.

With all that, I want to ensure you that I will say a Rosary (I think monthly) for an all intentions of Catholics using Internet.

Cheers, God bless all of you!
Andy

PS

Below would not happen, if forum users were not anonymous:

Now, finally I want to show, why I think that Ex Cathedra and Insanis is likely the same person. I run a bit of number crunching analyzing their posts, and besides some intangible clues like style, there are a few very telling observations:

1) The period of time when Ex Cathedra emerged, Insanis was actually very busy posting. He was super active for a week posting daily almost around the clock.
2) Except, at the time, when two series of posts were issued from Ex Cathedra username, Insanis was 100% silent. I guess nobody can work actively on two separate tasks at the same time.
3) Below, is the gap between posts in minutes. Exactly the same pattern:

"Insanis" 0
"Insanis" 4
"Insanis" 4
"Insanis" 2
"Insanis" 1
"Insanis" 1
"Insanis" 12
"Ex Cathedra" 117
"Ex Cathedra" 7
"Ex Cathedra" 4
"Ex Cathedra" 11
"Ex Cathedra" 6
"Ex Cathedra" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 122
"Ex Cathedra" 4
"Ex Cathedra" 9
"Ex Cathedra" 3
"Ex Cathedra" 20
"Ex Cathedra" 28
"Ex Cathedra" 10
"Insanis" 16
"Ex Cathedra" 2
"Insanis" 19
"Insanis" 9
"Insanis" 500
"Insanis" 35
"Insanis" 3
"Ex Cathedra" 94
"Ex Cathedra" 2
"Ex Cathedra" 5
"Ex Cathedra" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 4
"Ex Cathedra" 4
"Ex Cathedra" 14
"Ex Cathedra" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 2
"Ex Cathedra" 3
"Ex Cathedra" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 15
"Ex Cathedra" 4
"Insanis" 64
"Insanis" 1
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 12
"Insanis" 4
"Insanis" 4
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 12
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 8
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 7
"Insanis" 2
"Insanis" 9
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 6
"Insanis" 9
"Insanis" 8
"Insanis" 2
"Insanis" 18
"Insanis" 23
"Insanis" 7
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 11
"Ex Cathedra" 1
"Insanis" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 0
"Ex Cathedra" 2
"Ex Cathedra" 4
"Insanis" 13
"Insanis" 11
"Insanis" 2
"Insanis" 9
"Insanis" 1
"Ex Cathedra" 40
"Ex Cathedra" 3
"Insanis" 174
"Insanis" 15
"Insanis" 25
"Insanis" 3
"Insanis" 15
"Insanis" 13
"Insanis" 40
"Insanis" 4
"Insanis" 4
"Insanis" 39

Insanis

Quote from: andy on July 05, 2021, 07:56:14 PM
The Only Catholic (tm), who personally attack others almost daily and goes with his accusations left and right, of a lack of charity and other atrocities. Hopefully he stopped this behaviour by now, I do not follow him any more. Still, nothing happens to him, not even a single public warning. It is almost like Crazy and Headcheese is same person  :cheeseheadbeer: But I digress.

You'll see I post against blasphemies and I carefully cite each one before making that claim and anti-Catholic trolling from professed non-Catholics.

Your lies are...lies. I get personally attacked all the time from many people, yet, you were just one of them, and you did nothing to protest those things.

Lack of charity? You mean not tolerating grave errors of a magnitude rarely seen on Catholic forums? Atrocities? I'm not even sure what to think about that.

QuoteI did share earlier, that I do believe that many problems here could be prevented, if the forum was not  anonymous and at least some discussion were closed to public.
It isn't very anonymous: many of us have met and talked to each other in some way.

Also, you have a very good idea. A forum with more private forums is a good idea I think.

Below would not happen, if forum users were not anonymous:

Now, finally I want to show, why I think that Ex Cathedra and Insanis is likely the same person. I run a bit of number crunching analyzing their posts, and besides some intangible clues like style, there are a few very telling observations:
That is a false accusation and everybody who knows anything knows it.

Ex Cathedra has opinions that I do not ever express (and some of them, hold the opposite view in some cases). Just look at the posts.

Quote1) The period of time when Ex Cathedra emerged, Insanis was actually very busy posting. He was super active for a week posting daily almost around the clock.
That is mostly true for every day I have been active.

Quote2) Except, at the time, when two series of posts were issued from Ex Cathedra username, Insanis was 100% silent. I guess nobody can work actively on two separate tasks at the same time.
I sleep sometimes, you know.

Also, I did not respond to him specifically because I was unsure of his intentions. Others thought it might be somebody trolling me and I wanted to observe.

Quote3) Below, is the gap between posts in minutes. Exactly the same pattern:

That is a bit of insanity that I respect.

That is how people post when posting all in a row. Ex Cathedra seemed to be familiar with things I was not, and was doing everything he wanted to do. He apparently was using a VPN.

And finally, one last word about many things you wrote:

You falsely accused me of lying and you lied about me in this post.

Those are both grave matters, and a serious thing to consider.

Insanis

It is very confusing to see what remains open and what is closed on this forum.

Insanis

Maybe it isn't so strange and I'm just crazy.

The world is sometimes confusing, this forum, doubly so.