Forum History

Started by Insanis, July 01, 2021, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanis

I need help reconstructing my memory on my forum activities so I appreciate anybody who can help.

This thread is edited to show the conclusion:

So, my reconstruction is:

• 2013 January 01, I register as Pæniteo
  • 2013 January 08, I stop using SD entirely and apparently used FE for a bit
  • 2013 January 29, I make a final thread on FE and request my account to be deleted/disabled, and I lock myself out. The admin deletes my account after that.
  • 2013 February 05, I resume posting on SD and some people weren't aware of my prior activity and account name here. My first post on that day was actually about the chat. The forum on this day was not in its current form.
  • 2013 February 16, I stopped posting due to the overly feminist influence here
  • 2017 February 08, I register as a new account to give an update on myself, as I had been reading old forums and saw posts referencing me. I tried to use the forum for a bit, but ended up leaving the next. I wouldn't have seen much during that time.

It appears I was remembering the use of another forum which no longer exists.

Jayne

At one point, around 2011, as I recall, it looked like Fisheaters was about to collapse due to internal drama and some members created a new forum called the Trent Forum.  Many FE members created accounts there and it lasted for several months.  You may have been ????? there.

Another possibility (although I think this is less likely) is that you posted on SD before it went public.  It did exist for a short time as a test version and you might have participated in that.  The posts from that time are not accessible from the current SD.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Miriam_M

I joined in 2013 and am not aware of any "purge."  However, there have definitely been occasions of deletions of entire threads due to inappropriate subject matter.  Not all such controversial threads were removed, but some very problematic ones were, especially those associated with members who were banned because of it or who had registered with new names before posting problematic content.

My experience on forums in general is that sometimes threads are merely locked but viewable; at other times, threads are locked and then purged; occasionally, threads are immediately purged before being locked.  However, I cannot recall any occasion on SD when content was discarded without reason or accidentally, such as after a site update.

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on July 01, 2021, 11:48:48 AM
At one point, around 2011, as I recall, it looked like Fisheaters was about to collapse due to internal drama and some members created a new forum called the Trent Forum.  Many FE members created accounts there and it lasted for several months.  You may have been ????? there.

Another possibility (although I think this is less likely) is that you posted on SD before it went public.  It did exist for a short time as a test version and you might have participated in that.  The posts from that time are not accessible from the current SD.

No, I wasn't a founding member. I know I waited for forums to be established for a little before joining. I think I was invited by tmw89 in a message or something.

But, in my search for the answers, I found a lot of old activity.

EDIT: Links to old posts are removed and the conclusion is posted up top.

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on July 01, 2021, 01:20:16 PM
I actually when through the entire list of users from those days, and I did see this. Was that the double or you? It must be the double, as you used "RealJayneK" until you had it changed to your current name.

That's right.  You found the profile for the fake Jayne. S/he only made one post and was caught immediately because I knew it was not me and reported it.

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on July 01, 2021, 01:27:28 PM
That's right.  You found the profile for the fake Jayne.
I was looking for me, and found not you.

I think it must have been a  forum called "Te Deum". Unfortunately, I don't remember the URI or know if any of it was archived.

Quote from: Miriam_M on July 01, 2021, 11:49:00 AM
I joined in 2013 and am not aware of any "purge." 

Yes, in November.

This would have been about things from before that.

I reconstructed my SD forum usage, and it seems that I am thinking of another forum that no longer exists.

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on July 01, 2021, 01:49:47 PM
I think it must have been a  forum called "Te Deum". Unfortunately, I don't remember the URI or know if any of it was archived.

Te Deum was taken down suddenly by the owner and not archived.  Many people were displeased.

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on July 01, 2021, 01:57:37 PM
Quote from: Insanis on July 01, 2021, 01:49:47 PM

Te Deum was taken down suddenly by the owner and not archived.  Many people were displeased.

Such is life.

I guess we'll never know who I am or was.

Insanis

I just found my account on Cathinfo.

I was more active there than I thought.