Pastor Steven Anderson Exposed - Documentary

Started by Vetus Ordo, June 02, 2021, 07:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Another entertaining video from MHFM, this time destroying the Baptist preacher Steven Anderson.

I keep returning to these videos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc[/yt]
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

DigitalLogos

If MHFM is good at one thing, it's hit pieces on Traddie/Christian vloggers.

I loved their video contra Jay Dyer.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

dellery

Homos should kill themselves because they're wicked people, huh?

This guy has a substantial following? He sounds like some kind of O9A Satanist judging by the first few minutes of this video.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

DigitalLogos

Quote from: dellery on June 03, 2021, 05:01:53 AM

This guy has a substantial following? He sounds like some kind of O9A Satanist judging by the first few minutes of this video.

The man is definitely not doing the will of the Father in his "preaching". I find him a great example of why Protestantism is evil.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: DigitalLogos on June 03, 2021, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: dellery on June 03, 2021, 05:01:53 AM

The man is definitely not doing the will of the Father in his "preaching". I find him a great example of why Protestantism is evil.

Anderson is an outlier even for mainstream Protestantism.

His "KJV-onlyism," for instance, is a mark of an asinine mind.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Gardener

"I wouldn't give you a dime for that Greek lexicon, anyway." - Steve Anderson

What a queer statement.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Gardener

I don't typically like Dimond Brothers' videos like this as I've caught them in splicing quotes, cutting out stuff which changed the context of the original speaker, etc. However, I came from a milieu which is very in line w/ Steven Anderson's basic message, so I *do* know what they actually say in general. In this one, they have not butchered quotes or anything which is convenient for their argument. So far this is a very, very good look into the OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) mindset and its inconsistency, their ignorance as to the holistic understanding of Scripture (a la the unfortunate double-edged sword of the chapter/verse issue), their ignorance or twisting of the semantic range of Greek (though my dad would use the Greek to confuse and terrify the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons who came to the door), etc.

Sadly, Steven Anderson's wife ("wife"?) is a fallen away Catholic.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

DigitalLogos

So, for the OSAS crowd, if a homo gets baptized and is then "saved" but then turns back to their sinful lifestyle anyway. Are they still "saved" or not? If not, and one can fall back into damnation, then one cannot be "always saved." What am I not getting here?

Gardener

Quote from: DigitalLogos on June 03, 2021, 04:07:49 PM
So, for the OSAS crowd, if a homo gets baptized and is then "saved" but then turns back to their sinful lifestyle anyway. Are they still "saved" or not? If not, and one can fall back into damnation, then one cannot be "always saved." What am I not getting here?

Generally speaking, they do not view Baptism as salvific per se. It would also depend on if they view backsliding as indication of not being saved (despite not believing in a mortal/venial distinction of sins, which brings in issues of falling into sin but still saved vs being "saved" and then turning back to grave sin at some later time).

For many, it falls into the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. As in, such a person was never saved to begin with because if you are "saved" you will be a new man.

What you're not getting is you're trying to draw consistency and internal systemic coherence out of an inconsistent and internally incoherent system. Once one plunges beyond the surface of the body of Baptist waters, they find nothing but darkness and confusion, skilled carnival hucksters who would recoil at a language expert showing them the errors of their Greek ways, and a "Bible-based" belief system that's as foreign to the Bible and historically demonstrable practice as James Martin, EthJ is to orthodox Catholicism.

Elizabeth.2

I haven't enjoyed these guys in a while  ;D  I still like to think they are MK-Ultra kids out of the Stanford Research Institute running amok. (think about it!! ;D)

TheSaintsAreComing

Quote from: DigitalLogos on June 03, 2021, 04:07:49 PM

As far as I understand, there are several questions among Baptists were there is a range of acceptable opinions. Regarding pastor Steven, he holds to something called "Reprobate doctrine". This entails that if you commit certain sins, this is a sure sign that you somewhere inside yourself have made the choice to hate God, and so God gives you over to "a reprobate mind". This enables you to commit sins as sodomy and others just as grave, and from this state you can't return

So if such a person appeared to be saved but then fell back into this form of sin, he was never really among the saved to begin with

I think that's how they would reason about such a case
I'm gone

Prayerful

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 02, 2021, 07:04:22 PM
Another entertaining video from MHFM, this time destroying the Baptist preacher Steven Anderson.

I keep returning to these videos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc[/yt]

'Kill themselves!' God, that man is satanic.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

The Curt Jester

Someone once asked a OSAS relative this question:

"If you accept Jesus into your heart, then you are saved, correct?"

"Yes"

"Even if you commit sins after?"

"Yes."

"So you could kill a man in cold blood and still be guaranteed heaven?"

"Yes, but I obviously wouldn't kill anyone."

There you have it.  OSAS is license to do anything one pleases in this life.

The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

TheSaintsAreComing

Quote from: The Curt Jester on June 06, 2021, 07:10:38 AM

"Yes"

"Yes."

I've read that some OSAS-people believe that God punishes them in this life if they commit sins after being born-again, so to be fair not all of them are antinomianists
I'm gone

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: TheSaintsAreComing on June 06, 2021, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: The Curt Jester on June 06, 2021, 07:10:38 AM

"Yes"

"Yes."

I've read that some OSAS-people believe that God punishes them in this life if they commit sins after being born-again, so to be fair not all of them are antinomianists

Anderson represents an extreme brand of antinomianism.