interesting purchase you made recently?

Started by diaduit, May 22, 2021, 03:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

I bought this style sweeping brush in asian shop for €7.  Its only about 3 ft high but it is amazing.  I have terrible bad back and hoovering (vacuuming) window cleaning and floor sweeping are a major trigger for a bad bout.  This one hand motion sweeper gets in everywhere and has a wide sweep, it will go deep under a couch or between washing machines and dryers (you know those nooks).  Storage is easy.  I love this product but I draw the line at sweeping while carrying a child on my back though ;D

https://www.amazon.com/Vietnamese-Soft-Straw-Broom-Inch/dp/B00GU8QKNW

oh and my favourite thing to buy are spatulas.....they are my favourite cooking tool.

Insanis

Interesting tool.

This was earlier this month.

I bought a modern "boombox" for listening to compact cassettes. It is the Sony CFD-S70BLK (available at Walmart, and easily found on Amazon, etc).

I have a pretty extensive collection of CDs and microgroove records as well as 78s, but I had avoided tape because I grew up with it and I view it as inferior, and the fact it is left behind technologically speaking (all the really good cassette players are out of production, old ones require extensive maintenance to get back to working order, Dolby noise reduction is no longer licensed for the format, so all new players lack it, the higher end tape materials are not supported, etc).

However, despite it never being a HiFi experience for me, there are cheap cassettes out there that I may occasionally want to listen to, such as a promo tape I had of one of my favoured artists but couldn't listen to. I bought it and picked up some cheap tapes from the local record store.

It is not the ghetto blaster of the heyday, but it is good enough and compact and inexpensive. It was designed for classroom and academic use I think, as Japan actually uses stuff like this still.

Insanis

I just bought socks today.

I only bought 16, as it is a new batch and I want to test them first, but I usually don't have problems and when approved by QA, I will get another 8 for a full complement of 24.

This is interesting not because socks are interesting, but because I don't vary what I wear day to day. I get all of something at once and and don't replace them until I have to. I have no "old clothes" (or rather, I do keep a set for an emergency kit of suitable clothing of the best of the last).

My sock attrition rate has increased drastically so it is time to replace them.

I hope these new socks work out well.

Bernadette

I bought a quilt with the solar system embroidered on it. I wanted something different from my usual florals, and I had a discount code and free shipping. The reviews mention that it's heavy, and I'm really hoping that it is.
My Lord and my God.

Christina_S

I bought 1/4" elastic to make doll clothes for my daughter's doll, as well as some garden pots for tomatoes.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

MundaCorMeum

Insanis

Rosary centers.

Someone wanted something done, and while making an order of $1 parts, I bought a few things just in case to justify the minimum shipping cost.

diaduit

Fleur-de-Lys

diaduit

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 22, 2021, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: diaduit on May 22, 2021, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 22, 2021, 03:48:15 PM
Chickens. 7 of them.

I have 7 too....I love my chickens

I don't have any chickens.  :'(
[/quote

Do you live in an apartment? they are so easy to keep even with a small back garden.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 22, 2021, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: diaduit on May 22, 2021, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 22, 2021, 03:48:15 PM
Chickens. 7 of them.

I have 7 too....I love my chickens

I don't have any chickens.  :'(

I've been waiting patiently for 18 years now.  It was definitely worth the wait!   They are such fun to watch.

MundaCorMeum

Elizabeth.2

I used to have a disfigured hen whose head was twisted beneath her breast. Which made her the only one I could hunt down and catch. She literally looked like a chicken running around with its head cut off. I kept her in our large yard and named her Madam.  She learned to eat without being at the bottom of the pecking order.  She actually got pretty much all better, and went "back to the Farm" about a year later. 

Now that cool sounding floor cleaner sounds like my cup of tea, because vacuuming is my specialty.

Heinrich

I bought the new edition of E Michael Jones' Jewish Revolutionary Spirit. Better get it now, ever with no real time, before it becomes unobtainable.
https://www.fidelitypress.org/jewish-revolutionary-spirit
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.