The Parish Hall > The Natural Sciences

Hemp seeds very nutritious

(1/6) > >>

Geremia:

--- Quote from: https://www.offthegridnews.com/alternative-health/8-protein-packed-plants-that-deserve-a-spot-in-your-diet/ ---The cannabis plant from which hemp seeds and hemp fiber are obtained is closely related to the plant that provides the narcotic drug hashish. But hemp seeds do not cause any drug-induced “high,” and you can safely use them as a high-quality raw food. It is one of the few plant sources of complete protein. Moreover, all of the essential amino acids come in the right ratio for maximum benefit. On top of that, hemp seeds come loaded with fiber and minerals such as iron, potassium, and magnesium. It is an excellent source of vitamin E, too. [cf. hemp seeds's nutrition facts]

You can eat hemp seeds raw or sprinkle them on breakfast cereals and salads to enjoy their best benefits. In addition, you can bake them into breads and cakes. When soaked in water and ground, they yield hemp milk, a great alternative to dairy.
--- End quote ---

Insanis:

--- Quote ---It is one of the few plant sources of complete protein.
--- End quote ---

Actually, that is not true. Many plants contain all the essential amino acids.

--- Quote ---Moreover, all of the essential amino acids come in the right ratio for maximum benefit.

--- End quote ---
The ratios don't really matter. The only thing that really matters is getting enough of them, and it doesn't really matter how or when.

But seeds are a great source of nutrition. I don't think I ever saw hemp seeds for sale though. I wonder what they taste like?

mikemac:
I'd try the hemp milk.

Geremia:

--- Quote from: Insanis on May 18, 2021, 07:19:34 PM ---Many plants contain all the essential amino acids.
--- End quote ---
Quinoa, soy, and what else?

Insanis:

--- Quote from: Geremia on May 19, 2021, 12:22:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: Insanis on May 18, 2021, 07:19:34 PM ---Many plants contain all the essential amino acids.
--- End quote ---
Quinoa, soy, and what else?

--- End quote ---

Unless one is going to have a really restricted diet, it doesn't matter. Eating one food to the exclusion of others is almost always a very unhealthy thing to do (eg, Rabbit Starvation).

There is usually no need to micromanage macronutrients with a whole foods varied diet.

As to your question, most vegetables. However, most people when discussing this focus on vegetables with a relatively high protein content.

Peas and potatoes are common top ones though.

Protein is usually not a concern for people who are not on a very restricted diet, and any nutrient can be a concern on a very restricted diet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version