The Shrine > The Bookstore

Normandt' Catholic Meditations

(1/169) > >>

Normandt:
 Hi! Peace and joy to you all!

I am french canadian and grew up in the province of Québec, incardinated in the Diocese of Rouyn-Noranda.

Small intro:
The texts I place here comes from homilies written from the beginning of my ordination as priest on June 12th 2011 up 'til 2014.

Each morning, I asked the Lord to help me write the homilies, but mostly for him to tell the people what he wants to tell them today, right now.
The reasons for that demand:
I wanted for the Lord to speak to his people. The second reason, I wanted to reread the homilies to make shure they're really from God, and not just some repeating or my own thoughts.

In 2013, while rereading, I was amazed of what the Lord had left me as a gift. Simple texts but profound at the same time, it seems to be. So I decided to place the paragraphs in order of a full text to be read as a book.
I can only bless the Lord for that and hope the message of his Love passes through hearts as it passes through mine.

The idea of the books has it's foudation on four subjects which the main object is Pathways of faith, a way to get to the Heart of God, accept and let him Love us.

1. Conversion
2. Love of God
3. The Mission (1st of all it's Jesus' Mission)
4. Evangelization (Jesus is the Evangelizer, the Good News)

I like to share also in different subjects when I feel the knowledge to.

I have also 420 videos that goes with the number of each text.

Link to videos: Go to 9th playlist "In Love":
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpGkHnpPdZpOd2Tzk48g6zQ/playlists?fbclid=IwAR1fQTB7A2TGIlKn8eQJsT-N23ReRax-Rng5LsBfkDPw8qNKpcRzLB6I1p4

Normandt:
92. The loss of meaning
Closing in on evil leads us to move away from Love. Then Love does not stick with us because of the limits that evil causes. Jesus conveys a strong enough image of the loss of meaning and sin:
“If the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented in sackcloth and ashes.” Matthew, chapter 11, verse 21b

People who move away from faith in Jesus open the door to evil and lead others into it. When the Love of God does not pass, evil multiplies like a virus and contaminates those who let themselves be influenced by it.

Now, when Love passes, there is a progression in goodness, according to the pace of evolution of the person.

Jesus uses the example of these two cities to demonstrate to what extent sin can lead a person and groups of people, by a loss of meaning, a lack of good values, to their ruin. If Jesus’s miracles do not come to us, we should check the quality of reception we confide into his Love.

When we reject God’s Love, what we really lack is the healing of the heart and soul through the flow of Love which is unfortunately diminished because of the evil that keeps us prisoners.

As soon as we ask Jesus for healing to welcome his Love, there is automatically something good happening in us. Even though the feeling may be subtle now, with determination, later on we will appreciate the inner transformations.

Book: Let's be Loved
Normand Thomas

Vetus Ordo:
Bienvenu sur le forum, Père Normand.

Normandt:
Merci à toi
paix et joie  :pray1:

Normandt:
93. Negative choice or Holy Spirit

There are choices that make a difference. First, what keeps us captive and imprisoned:
“Immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians, chapter 5, verses 19 to 21

The promised inheritance is the Love of God. But what Paul says is that these acts lead us away from the Love promised to us.
Negative inclinations are those that lead us to become invalid, to become inhuman (thoughts, gestures, words), to evil and at the same time to the remoteness of God, even to the moving away from oneself. There are so many ways to refuse to let ourselves be Loved, the refusal to feed our body, our life of Love, the refusal to serve the Love of God in our neighbour.
We have the choice to let ourselves go to harmful and enemy inclinations or to collect the good with the Holy Spirit. What the Spirit offers us supports us and brings us closer to God:
“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” Galatians, chapter 5, verses 22 to 23a

Let’s be aware of these fruits in our life. Let’s look at them, collect them as invited friends at our home. Let’s spend our days observing them, meditating on them and recognizing their benefits.

Let’s keep our thoughts on the manifestations of the Holy Spirit and we will prefer this path that instills spiritual and human well-being. We will feel our life enter a major turning point that will amaze us.

Book: Let's be Loved
Normand Thomas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version