Murder as Mercy

Started by Santo Subito, November 01, 2014, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quo Warranto

Chestertonian, have you considered going on a blended diet? Our dear friend had cancer of the throat and had a feeding tube directly to his stomach. His doctors didn't give him very long to live but thanks to his sisters intervention they bought a special blender and basically put normal food in it. He would have pretty much whatever was being served for meals. No formula. He exceeded the life expectancy that the doctors originally gave him by over ten years! He was healthy and very active right up to his last days on this earth. They attributed his good health to proper nutrition he was getting from "real food".
Message me if you are interested in on-line side walk counseling. Save babies from the comfort of your own home!
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=6160.0

Chestertonian

Quote from: Quo Warranto on November 02, 2014, 01:27:22 PM
Chestertonian, have you considered going on a blended diet? Our dear friend had cancer of the throat and had a feeding tube directly to his stomach. His doctors didn't give him very long to live but thanks to his sisters intervention they bought a special blender and basically put normal food in it. He would have pretty much whatever was being served for meals. No formula. He exceeded the life expectancy that the doctors originally gave him by over ten years! He was healthy and very active right up to his last days on this earth. They attributed his good health to proper nutrition he was getting from "real food".

i think if your issue is just not being able to swallow and there aren't any other digestive issues or nutritional concerns, and you just have a g tube (goes into stomach) and not a j tube (goes into smalk intestine),homemade formula can be a good solution.  i have a friend whose husband makes a kale quinoa superfood smoothie with the vitamix and she subsists on that through a g tube, it works.... but her digestive system works fine, she just can't swallow

they have to use a TON of water to keep the tube from clogging

i have a j tube, fluid restriction and intestinal motility problems so the blenderized diet isbt really an option.  The formula i get iis very concentrated.  also can't keep down the formula a lot of the time and have to supplement with iv feeding

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"