Audio sermons thread

Started by Hannelore, March 10, 2023, 02:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannelore

I love listening to sermons throughout the day, and have just rediscovered this treasure trove of traditional sermons on reddit, of all places. Enjoy and feel free to add your links!

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoSancto/comments/3u553b/videosancto_mp3_resource_thread/
My Lord and my God.

Stubborn

Here are about 150 traditional audio Catholic sermons, interviews and talks given by Fr. Wathen - you will have to download them to your computer to listen.     
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

Hannelore

More sermons from one of the AudioSancto priests.

http://www.veritascaritas.com/
My Lord and my God.

Stubborn

Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

Hannelore

Here are some great talks by Fr. Hugh Thwaites, S.J. The site has all kinds of other talks, too, including a Catechism series by Bl. Fulton Sheen.

https://www.proecc.com/frthwaites-talks
My Lord and my God.

probablywontmakeit

I have a weird problem when I listen to Father Wolfe: I get really angry at cultural Marxists and kind of forget about my own problems.

Hannelore

My Lord and my God.

Greg

I always enjoy talks by Bishop Williamson.  The Resistance are a little crackers, but his sermons are usually excellent and I love the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jacafamala

"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

QuaeriteDominum

Don't forget Traditional Catholic Radio. It has been around since 2005. Many vintage sermons, Divine Office, rosary, morning Mass, and music.

Traditional Catholic Radio

The programming changes monthly.