A running list of changes since the update...

Started by Kaesekopf, January 01, 2023, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

Quote from: Acolyte on January 03, 2023, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: Lynne on January 03, 2023, 05:09:59 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 03, 2023, 05:04:08 PMAre avatars viewable yet ? I don't see any. I do have it enabled on my settings.

I can see mine on my profile but not my posts.

Are you on a pc or laptop or a tablet or a phone?

You should see avatars on all but the phone (or anything else with a small screen, like an ipod).

I see your avatar on your post.
Yes, I'm on an android smart phone.

No big deal really, just curious.

I must admit, I get a kick out of seeing my very tasteful and awesome avatar. It gives me a burst of (false and unwarranted) self confidence, though others probably think it's immature 😆

Glad it's just a phone only issue.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Acolyte

Quote from: Melkor on January 03, 2023, 07:02:46 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 03, 2023, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: Lynne on January 03, 2023, 05:09:59 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 03, 2023, 05:04:08 PMAre avatars viewable yet ? I don't see any. I do have it enabled on my settings.

I can see mine on my profile but not my posts.

Are you on a pc or laptop or a tablet or a phone?

You should see avatars on all but the phone (or anything else with a small screen, like an ipod).

I see your avatar on your post.
Yes, I'm on an android smart phone.

No big deal really, just curious.

I must admit, I get a kick out of seeing my very tasteful and awesome avatar. It gives me a burst of (false and unwarranted) self confidence, though others probably think it's immature 😆

Glad it's just a phone only issue.
I can see yours if I click on your profile.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

Quote from: Prayerful on January 03, 2023, 05:50:23 PMWould posting videos be ever available? Some places have good content, but the sites themselves aren't so good.

I posted a yt video on another thread.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Melkor

Also one thing I noticed is that you can edit out other people's signatures, nice feature!

Not sure if you could do that before?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Melkor on January 03, 2023, 07:52:24 PMAlso one thing I noticed is that you can edit out other people's signatures, nice feature!

Not sure if you could do that before?

You could turn off signatures before. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Padraig on January 03, 2023, 05:45:12 PMIn the old version, when you went to Unread Topics, there was a button to "Go to most recent post."
That seems to have disappeared. Is there a way to get that back?

Honestly, I had never used that feature (didn't know it existed!), so I'm not sure.   I will look into it, though.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Prayerful on January 03, 2023, 05:50:23 PMWould posting videos be ever available? Some places have good content, but the sites themselves aren't so good.

Videos themselves?  Probably not - the shared webhost only has so much space available for storage.  If you uploaded those videos to another video hosting service, you should be able to post and embed them here, though?

Mono no aware

It looks like every YouTube video that was embedded in the forum's first ten years is no longer embedded and instead appears as a naked URL, as the new template doesn't seem to recognize the [yt] code.

Strangely, though, it doesn't recognize former hyperlinks to YouTube.  In this post, it rudely converted a hyperlink to YouTube into an embedded video and ignored the text of the link.  Whereas it doesn't do that presently, as the same code successfully creates a link: SMPTE Universal Film Leader.

Mono no aware

The glitch with the YouTube embedding code appears to have worsened, and is now affecting not only older posts, but posts made in real time.

Miriam_M

For everybody's information, Alerts are not sent for all Liked posts.  Some likes register as alerts, others not.
 ;)

Padraig

Not sure there's any way to change it, but it's a little confusing that when you "Like" a post, it shows you a thumbs-down.

Lynne

Quote from: Padraig on January 05, 2023, 09:51:05 AMNot sure there's any way to change it, but it's a little confusing that when you "Like" a post, it shows you a thumbs-down.

lol That *is* ironic.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Acolyte

St Alphonsus

Miriam_M

Quote from: Padraig on January 05, 2023, 09:51:05 AMNot sure there's any way to change it, but it's a little confusing that when you "Like" a post, it shows you a thumbs-down.

On my screen, I see an option to reverse a Like vote with a thumbs-down, that's all.

Also, I now see a way to view all of the members who liked a post: You click on the "Like," I think, rather than the thumbs up, and the list of approvers appears.

Padraig

Exactly, once you've Liked a post, it shows you a thumbs-down where there used to be a thumb-up. Which is counter-intuitive, to say the least.