Job for Trad with skills

Started by Heinrich, January 05, 2019, 10:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Archer

Sig's are nice weapons.
I carried the P229 .40 when I was in the service. Highly recommend.

That would be a pretty significant relocation for Jon, right?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

TRUMP WON

Quote from: Heinrich on January 05, 2019, 10:26:21 AM
https://www.sigsauerjobs.com/job/manager-it-infrastructure-information-technology-1006/?utm_source=CareerArc_LinkedIn

Do You work here? We probably go to mass together in Cabot.
I live in Arkadelphia and have been looking to relocate. I saw this ad on indeed and thought about applying, but I would like to find out more from someone working there first. I have maintenance experience.

Heinrich

Quote from: TRUMP WON on December 10, 2022, 07:49:57 AM
https://www.sigsauerjobs.com/job/manager-it-infrastructure-information-technology-1006/?utm_source=CareerArc_LinkedIn

I live in Arkadelphia and have been looking to relocate. I saw this ad on indeed and thought about applying, but I would like to find out more from someone working there first. I have maintenance experience.

Hello, Rebel Trad. I live in SE Indiana, but our daughter lives near Mammoth Spring. We are very familiar with the region. We have been to your parish in the new church. Let's stay in touch. Considerations for property purchase there are high.

Lynne

That job post is a few years old though.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

TRUMP WON

Quote from: Lynne on December 10, 2022, 08:43:32 AM

That job post is a few years old though.

I hadn't clicked the link, but I am aware Sig Sauer is still hiring. They are hiring for multiple positions. 72023 is the zip code if You want to look up all the jobs offered on indeed. Lot of firearms manufacturing in that area.

TRUMP WON

Quote from: Heinrich on December 10, 2022, 08:04:26 AM

Hello, Rebel Trad. I live in SE Indiana, but our daughter lives near Mammoth Spring. We are very familiar with the region. We have been to your parish in the new church. Let's stay in touch. Considerations for property purchase there are high.

Sure! FSSP is visiting to judge how soon Fr. needs an assistant, and an old altar is being renovated to replace what we have now. It is a nice parish, and we drive 1½hrs one way to make it. Unfortunately I work every other Sunday however, and that stresses my wife and four kids to make it without me in an old vehicle. But down here is the best place I could find a job to support my family. I plan to move to Cabot by September. Finding a job there is the hardest part. I can make considerably more down south.

Heinrich

Quote from: TRUMP WON on December 10, 2022, 09:39:55 AM

Sure! FSSP is visiting to judge how soon Fr. needs an assistant, and an old altar is being renovated to replace what we have now. It is a nice parish, and we drive 1½hrs one way to make it. Unfortunately I work every other Sunday however, and that stresses my wife and four kids to make it without me in an old vehicle. But down here is the best place I could find a job to support my family. I plan to move to Cabot by September. Finding a job there is the hardest part. I can make considerably more down south.

Wow. Did you lose a Diocesan mass after TC? We like the area between Batesville and Cabot. I understand a sizeable cohort drives down from Batesville. I won't be making it to Mammoth Spring this Christmas, but we'll be heading down before summer otherwise. Washington's birthday in Feb is likely.

TRUMP WON

Quote from: Heinrich on December 10, 2022, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: TRUMP WON on December 10, 2022, 09:39:55 AM

Wow. Did you lose a Diocesan mass after TC? We like the area between Batesville and Cabot. I understand a sizeable cohort drives down from Batesville. I won't be making it to Mammoth Spring this Christmas, but we'll be heading down before summer otherwise. Washington's birthday in Feb is likely.

We lost a total of five diocesan masses/mo after TC. There was a parish which offered the TLM on Sundays and one which offered it on first Sundays. But Bishop Taylor is an enigma. I suspect he jumped the gun, interpreting the document incorrectly. After all FSSP finished their second parish after TC, and his excellency consecrated our new church earlier this year. There was something in the document that seemed diocesan parishes couldn't have the TLM anymore. I am aware that many Bishops have disregarded it, and it is unfair, but he acted very fast. I wonder whether he would have done what he did had he waited to see the actions of other Bishops.

About time for me to get the kids up and ready now. Happy Gaudete Sunday!

Lynne

Quote from: TRUMP WON on December 11, 2022, 04:57:56 AM

We lost a total of five diocesan masses/mo after TC. There was a parish which offered the TLM on Sundays and one which offered it on first Sundays. But Bishop Taylor is an enigma. I suspect he jumped the gun, interpreting the document incorrectly. After all FSSP finished their second parish after TC, and his excellency consecrated our new church earlier this year. There was something in the document that seemed diocesan parishes couldn't have the TLM anymore. I am aware that many Bishops have disregarded it, and it is unfair, but he acted very fast. I wonder whether he would have done what he did had he waited to see the actions of other Bishops.

About time for me to get the kids up and ready now. Happy Gaudete Sunday!

I thought Bishop Taylor disliked the TLM. I'm very surprised that there were 5 diocesan TLM in his diocese.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

james03

QuoteFinding a job there is the hardest part. I can make considerably more down south.

The curse of the Trad Dad.  Choose two:

1.  Near a TLM.
2.  Jobs available.
3.  Good place to raise a family.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"