Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I got lost in my neighbor's three (ish) acres of woods, looking for my missing cat. Mmm-hmm, thrills.  :banghead:
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on April 26, 2013, 06:06:46 PM
I got lost in my neighbor's three (ish) acres of woods, looking for my missing cat. Mmm-hmm, thrills.  :banghead:

But now the lost is found?
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

stitchmom

Quote from: Bernadette on April 26, 2013, 06:06:46 PM

Hope she comes back soon.   :grouphug:

kayla_veronica

Out to breakfast with friends after Mass, then planted some herbs on the balcony.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Hawaii Five-0

Quote from: kayla_veronica on April 28, 2013, 03:49:53 PM
Out to breakfast with friends after Mass, then planted some herbs on the balcony.

We just got back from a trip to Baguio City which is where everyone goes to escape the summer heat here in the Philippines.  The place is famous for its vegetables and plants.  I bought a whole bunch of herbs for my garden.  I picked up tarragon, three types of basil, rosemary, pandan, lemon grass and oregano.  I also bought some really cool bonsai trees. 

Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Hawaii Five-0 on April 28, 2013, 05:17:43 PM

We just got back from a trip to Baguio City which is where everyone goes to escape the summer heat here in the Philippines.  The place is famous for its vegetables and plants.  I bought a whole bunch of herbs for my garden.  I picked up tarragon, three types of basil, rosemary, pandan, lemon grass and oregano.  I also bought some really cool bonsai trees.

Nice!!! I planted dill, oregano, basil, cilantro and parsley. I'm looking forward to making homemade pesto eventually with the basil if we get enough of it.
and under the earth,
Amen.

Hawaii Five-0

Quote from: kayla_veronica on April 28, 2013, 05:20:52 PM

Nice!!! I planted dill, oregano, basil, cilantro and parsley. I'm looking forward to making homemade pesto eventually with the basil if we get enough of it.

I often make my own pesto.  I use macadamia and pine nuts which gives it a really creamy taste.
Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer. - Padre Pio

Kaesekopf

Went to an old folks home fundraiser for the turtle derby!  "The slowest two minutes in sports!"  haha. 

It was cool.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Hawaii Five-0 on April 28, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

I often make my own pesto.  I use macadamia and pine nuts which gives it a really creamy taste.

We use pistachios and OJ in ours, it's a Mith family recipe.
and under the earth,
Amen.

Mithrandylan

Quote from: kayla_veronica on April 28, 2013, 06:02:02 PM
Quote from: Hawaii Five-0 on April 28, 2013, 05:27:59 PM

We use pistachios and OJ in ours, it's a Mith family recipe.

Yes it is.

Pine nuts work, but IMO they're too bitter.

Cashews are an alternative to pistachios.  I have never used macadamia nuts.  We'll have to try that sometime.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Bonaventure

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 28, 2013, 05:29:01 PM
Went to an old folks home fundraiser for the turtle derby!  "The slowest two minutes in sports!"  haha. 

It was cool.

LOL
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Lady D

A bunch of us locals went down to Chase Field Friday night to watch the AZ Diamondbacks play the Colorado Rockies. Many of them were season ticket holders, and they all decided to sit together for a game, and everyone was invited. Our original intent was to go sit in the bleachers, by the bullpen, and cheer the team on. We found out that tickets we were getting were being comped a few days before the game. Great! So before the game, when we were all meeting, the girl (who was organizing the group) opened the envelope to look at the tickets, and her jaw dropped. The CEO of the Diamondbacks put us ALL right behind their dugout, as a thank you for coming out and supporting the team. Someone had texted and "tweeted" to the kid next to me, saying he saw all of us on ESPN (so much for being incognito, these kiddos had their faces all painted "Sedona Red"). Sure enough, as I was replaying the game through MLBTV, the cameras busted me.

The Dbacks ended up losing that game 6-3, but they took 3 out of 4 in the series and are now tied for first in the NL West.
:beer:

angelcookie

After Mass, we had some Mexico style tacos, the ones with cabbage onion cilantro and meat yum. Then I took the kids swimming. Such a beautiful day! Now we r BBQin :)

stitchmom

Dom Passerini

Quote from: Lady D on April 28, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
A bunch of us locals went down to Chase Field Friday night to watch the AZ Diamondbacks play the Colorado Rockies. Many of them were season ticket holders, and they all decided to sit together for a game, and everyone was invited. Our original intent was to go sit in the bleachers, by the bullpen, and cheer the team on. We found out that tickets we were getting were being comped a few days before the game. Great! So before the game, when we were all meeting, the girl (who was organizing the group) opened the envelope to look at the tickets, and her jaw dropped. The CEO of the Diamondbacks put us ALL right behind their dugout, as a thank you for coming out and supporting the team. Someone had texted and "tweeted" to the kid next to me, saying he saw all of us on ESPN (so much for being incognito, these kiddos had their faces all painted "Sedona Red"). Sure enough, as I was replaying the game through MLBTV, the cameras busted me.

The Dbacks ended up losing that game 6-3, but they took 3 out of 4 in the series and are now tied for first in the NL West.
:beer:

You're in Phoenix?  I'm in Phoenix!  I had friends go to that game.
a sparrow all alone on the housetop