Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Curt Jester

Quote from: erin is nice on October 17, 2014, 06:47:02 PM
I realize some people are paranoid, but this is just insane  :lol:

So, did you ever meet Wholly Roamin? He says he met you.

Yes, I met him.  I even mention him in the thread in which we're talking about meetings.   You were there as well.  Gman had just walked around the corner (as I soon found out) when I introduced myself to WRC.   However, I did not work on Sundays at the time, so I attended Mass at the Institute almost weekly.   Now that I work on Sundays, getting over there is a rarity, and never on Sundays.  The last time I attended Mass in Chicago was either the feast of the Immaculate Conception 2013 or the Octave of the Nativity 2014.

I'm not paranoid, but you might be having hallucinations.   Poor KK.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

erin is nice

sprungli

I went to a pet store and saw some puppies and kittens. So cute!

Rose

Aww I love puppies :)

I went to a lovely garden centre/gift shop and saw the first Christmas tree of the year  :o seems a bit early even for the shops! My youngest bro bought me and my Mum a hot drink and we just took some time out- I've been so crazy busy at work that I felt like I was loosing my marbles this week, so sitting doing nothing except sipping tea and enjoying time spent with my family was just what I needed!
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

The Curt Jester

Quote from: erin is nice on October 18, 2014, 06:47:02 AM
So, Curt, do you have a twin?

Unless I have some long-lost twin separated at birth that I was never told about, then no.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Arun

Quote from: Rose on October 18, 2014, 01:33:49 PM
Aww I love puppies :)

they're great eh. i love pit bull puppies, when they find their legs there's this certain way they walk, all bold and boisterous. it's cool as.

my fun thing was being involved (somewhat) in a drunken brawl and being the good guy!!! which hasn't really been the case most my life.

kinda my fault, i brewed some nice beers at around 9 or 10% abv, and adfter a couple crates of the stuff things went a bit sour between a couple of the guys. all i did was try break it up, but cos i was holding one guys brother in a "seatbelt" hold he thought i was choking his brother, so then he tried to choke me which i dealt with and then it was all cool again. i'm just real proud of myself that i wasn't the shite starter but instead i was the guy trying to sort it all out lol. i think i'm growing up a bit hahaha.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LoneWolfRadTrad

Post-liturgical alcohol, nicotine, and food with trad friends. 

LausTibiChriste

I went to Auschwitz today with one of my best friends who I randomly ran into in Krakow. Not "fun" but it was an experience. The claw marks on the walls of the gas chamber will literally haunt me til the day I die
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

sprungli

I went to the pet store again. They had some cute puppies who were sleeping & a few different kinds of birds.

Rose

Wow that's intense Laus :( Prayers for all departed souls.

I had a brilliant week- went to the mountains/forest for work, found my first Geocache and spent yesterday at a food & crafts festival with one of my brothers, enjoying wild boar and kangaroo sausages and sea salt dark chocolate. Walked round a mediaeval castle, eating a amazing pistachio meringue in one of the towers,  had a great pub lunch, and finished off with a quick look around a Christmas tree + decorations exhibition with my parents and brother.

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Pheo

Wow Rose, that sounds like an amazing week.  Oddly enough I had wild boar yesterday too.  Nothing else was nearly as fun though!  Was this all local, or did you go away somewhere?
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Rose on October 26, 2014, 01:59:14 AM
Wow that's intense Laus :( Prayers for all departed souls.

I had a brilliant week- went to the mountains/forest for work, found my first Geocache and spent yesterday at a food & crafts festival with one of my brothers, enjoying wild boar and kangaroo sausages and sea salt dark chocolate. Walked round a mediaeval castle, eating a amazing pistachio meringue in one of the towers,  had a great pub lunch, and finished off with a quick look around a Christmas tree + decorations exhibition with my parents and brother.

Did you have bangers and mash? That is literally all I ate when I was in London....that, and ale.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Basilios

Set up my parents Sonos surround sound thing. Spent literally the whole day doing it. Way more complicated than it should be but anyway once it was up and running we listened to some music and thunderstorm stuff and it's awesome.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

LausTibiChriste

Went to Czestochowa today for a few hours...totally awesome.

- MaximGun

verenaerin

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 29, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
Went to Czestochowa today for a few hours...totally awesome.

So jealous. I would love to go to Jasna Gora!