Traditional Latin Mass After Walk for Life at Shrine of St. Francis!

Started by Christknight104, January 16, 2013, 12:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christknight104

http://www.walkforlifewc.com/traditional-latin-mass-after-walk-for-life-at-shrine-of-st-francis/

Traditional Latin Mass After Walk for Life at Shrine of St. Francis!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 in 2013 Walk for Life, Blog, Walk Latin Mass
For those Catholics who prefer the Traditional Latin Mass, great news!
Fr. Francis Nahoe, OFM Conv. will celebrate a Solemn High Mass in the Extraordinary Form following the Walk For Life West Coast! The mass will be celebrated at the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi at 610 Vallejo St, San Francisco, at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday the 26th of January. The Shrine is a beautiful church, only about a mile from Justin Herman Plaza, the end of the walk. Parking is available in nearby garages. Come early and visit the Lady Chapel, and La Porziuncola Nuova.
The celebrant will be Fr Francisco Nahoe, OFM Conv, Rector of the Saint Thomas Aquinas Cathedral in Reno, NV. Saint Ann's Schola of Palo Alto, CA, conducted by Prof William Mahrt of Stanford University, will accompany.
St. Francis is certainly smiling!

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

The OFM Conv's that I've met tend to be liberal, at least in Indiana.  :'(
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christknight104

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 16, 2013, 07:49:29 AM
The OFM Conv's that I've met tend to be liberal, at least in Indiana.  :'(

Thankfully, this Franciscan priest is not liberal, as he has celebrated masses with the FSSP before.

In contrast to the trend you see in Indiana, the Conventional Franciscans in Rome love the TLM, as this video showcases:

[yt]P4j36rZYVSE[/yt]

Cardinal Burke on many occasions has handled  the Tridentine Rite ordinations of their monks and the vows of their sisters in Rome.

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Christknight104

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 16, 2013, 11:01:15 AM
Christknight, that's the FFI, not the OFM, Conv.

Mea culpa. I got color blinded and foolishly mixed them up, thinking  their habits had the same color.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Christknight104 on January 16, 2013, 11:11:06 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 16, 2013, 11:01:15 AM
Christknight, that's the FFI, not the OFM, Conv.

Mea culpa. I got color blinded and foolishly mixed them up, thinking  their habits had the same color.

No worries.  They split from the OFM, Conv.  :P