Bearded men are less attractive to women squeamish about bugs

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, January 16, 2020, 09:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximGun

Last night (Sunday evening) my wife was washing one of our children when the bath leaked.  I'd worked all weekend on house and garden projects, gutter cleaning, composting, tidying, fixing electrical items and had just started watching a Jimmy Stewart cowboy movie I'd found on YouTube where he saves a young Apache brave at the start.  She came in and said, "I know you don't want to hear this now but the bath is leaking from below the bath onto the tiled floor".  It was a slow leak so no risk of water damage.

I groaned, but I got up and went to sort it out.  It required, the side panel of the tub to be removed and that I fabricated a new gasket from some old rubber roof sheeting material I had left over from another job.  (Never throw anything away).  When I had finished it was all watertight and I cleaned the bath panel at the same time.  Took about 100minutes.

If you have a lot of people in the home the house is going to wear out faster and require more maintenance that is a fact of life.  Better learn to fix stuff.

In my experience, being able to fix the home and do it quickly will get you more Brownie points (and sex from your wife) than facial hair alone will.  If this were not true then ISIS fighters would not need to kidnap women to rape them.  Fanatical Muslims are useless mechanics which is why they drive Toyotas and run them in to the ground and have to import engineers for their oil industry.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: MaximGun on January 20, 2020, 05:46:41 AMIn my experience, being able to fix the home and do it quickly will get you more Brownie points (and sex from your wife) than facial hair alone will.

Good advice, Maxim (or is it Greg?), but you're already married to her. She already found you attractive to begin with, with or without a beard.

Let's put it this way: the beard, as a physical trait of masculinity, is the icing on the cake. Unlike others, it can be dispensed with if the man in question has a good bone structure that shows, i.e., square jaw and a strong brow. If not, it might be better if he sports a beard to mask it. The more masculine he looks, the more chances he'll have of reproducing.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

MaximGun

How is it then that Asia holds most of the population of the world, 4.5 billion, and most Asians have no beards to speak of.  Or the ability to grow more than a wispy beard, if indeed anything grows at all?

Sikhs have the lowest birth rate in India against all the other ethnic groups.  Yet sikhs ALL have thick beards and most Indians have no beard or no ability to grow a good strong beard.

There is not much advantage to having a beard and "being a man" unless you can convince your wife to bear your progeny.   That is not a man.  It is just a eunuch, with a beard, who will leave no significant mark on the world.

I don't see how beards help you have more sons and daughters.  Making yourself a good provider and a useful practical husband seems like a more likely way to convince your wife to pop out another child.  The best of all, currently, is to be a black man in Africa.  The top 30 highest birthrates in the world are ALL African countries.  Whatever the Africans are doing it is working.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: MaximGun on January 21, 2020, 12:12:10 PM
There is not much advantage to having a beard and "being a man" unless you can convince your wife to bear your progeny.

Insofar as the beard is a masculine trait, it can make you look more masculine, as I've discussed previously. It's an optional feature but it can help. Men who look more masculine are always at an advantage over those who look less masculine. That's all it means. It's simple biology.

Being a good provider and a trustworthy person are traits that will contribute to a sustainable marriage but those aren't the traits that enabled you to get married to begin with. Those things help but only as they enhance your primary attractiveness as a person and as man. Your wife is not sexually attracted to you because you're Mr. Fix It. Nor is intimacy a debt owed to works or roles performed.

QuoteThe best of all, currently, is to be a black man in Africa. The top 30 highest birthrates in the world are ALL African countries. Whatever the Africans are doing it is working.

They're dirt poor. That's the main reason.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

dellery

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on January 21, 2020, 04:35:30 PM
Quote from: MaximGun on January 21, 2020, 12:12:10 PM
There is not much advantage to having a beard and "being a man" unless you can convince your wife to bear your progeny.

Insofar as the beard is a masculine trait, it can make you look more masculine, as I've discussed previously. It's an optional feature but it can help. Men who look more masculine are always at an advantage over those who look less masculine. That's all it means. It's simple biology.

Being a good provider and a trustworthy person are traits that will contribute to a sustainable marriage but those aren't the traits that enabled you to get married to begin with. Those things help but only as they enhance your primary attractiveness as a person and as man. Your wife is not sexually attracted to you because you're Mr. Fix It. Nor is intimacy a debt owed to works or roles performed.

QuoteThe best of all, currently, is to be a black man in Africa. The top 30 highest birthrates in the world are ALL African countries. Whatever the Africans are doing it is working.

This is completely untrue.

Earlier today I was behind a bearded man at the diesel pump. He filled up, put the pump away, and then sat in his car for a few minutes. Not wanting to wait for this man to finish checking his social media accounts I got out and tapped on his window. They guy was scared. Me asking him to move out of the way so I could fuel up too made him visibly uncomfortable.

I've got an intense personality. Females tend to find it amusing but it puts a lot of guys off.

Ever look men in the eye? Rarely do they look back. A women or girl will look at you directly in the eyes, but not all men do.

Sometimes I ride the cart out of the grocery store like a skateboard and watch the tough-guys shrivel before such a gratuitous display of bravado.

Maxim is right. A man who knows how to do things will always know he's superior to the average softy, and will treat soft incapable men as the children they are.

Think a beard helps mitigate against all this??

Think that beard makes you look like more of a man than the guy who scares you just by looking at you??

Trying to game women with facades and PUA gimmicks only works until you have to compete with the real thing --the man who you try to look like and pretend to be, the man who is not faking it.

If your girl sees you getting intimidated by my intensity all your cool beard points will blow away with the wind.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: dellery on January 21, 2020, 09:15:26 PM

Earlier today I was behind a bearded man at the diesel pump. He filled up, put the pump away, and then sat in his car for a few minutes. Not wanting to wait for this man to finish checking his social media accounts I got out and tapped on his window. They guy was scared. Me asking him to move out of the way so I could fuel up too made him visibly uncomfortable.

I've got an intense personality. Females tend to find it amusing but it puts a lot of guys off.

Ever look men in the eye? Rarely do they look back. A women or girl will look at you directly in the eyes, but not all men do.

Sometimes I ride the cart out of the grocery store like a skateboard and watch the tough-guys shrivel before such a gratuitous display of bravado.

Maxim is right. A man who knows how to do things will always know he's superior to the average softy, and will treat soft incapable men as the children they are.

Think that beard makes you look like more of a man than the guy who scares you just by looking at you??

Trying to game women with facades and PUA gimmicks only works until you have to compete with the real thing --the man who you try to look like and pretend to be, the man who is not faking it.

If your girl sees you getting intimidated by my intensity all your cool beard points will blow away with the wind.

Stop trying look like a masculine man and just be man.

Besides utterly missing the point about the beard being an external or physical trait of masculinity and how that relates to the basic biology behind attraction, your idiotic rant about gratuitous displays of bravado and intense gazes doesn't even support Maxim's assertions about a man being useful and dependable in the context of marriage. Your gibberish about riding carts out of the grocery store like skateboards or looking in other men's eyes and presumably scaring them only proves that you're out of touch with reality or haven't outgrown junior high. You seem to take comfort in barking a lot, Dellery. And you know what they say about barking dogs.

A free piece of advice: when you are unable to engage meaningfully with an argument and you decide to jump into a discussion beating your chest and making a fool of yourself, that's a bad look. It demonstrates that you're obtuse and that you can't sit at the table with grown-ups and have a normal discussion. That's a turn off to any woman worth her salt.

dellery

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on January 21, 2020, 10:00:17 PM
Quote from: dellery on January 21, 2020, 09:15:26 PM

Stop trying look like a masculine man and just be man.

Besides utterly missing the point about the beard being an external or physical trait of masculinity and how that relates to the basic biology behind attraction, your idiotic rant about gratuitous displays of bravado and intense gazes doesn't even support Maxim's assertions about a man being useful and dependable in the context of marriage. Your gibberish about riding carts out of the grocery store like skateboards or looking in other men's eyes and presumably scaring them only proves that you're out of touch with reality or haven't outgrown junior high. You seem to take comfort in barking a lot, Dellery. And you know what they say about barking dogs.

A free piece of advice: when you are unable to engage meaningfully with an argument and you decide to jump into a discussion beating your chest and making a fool of yourself, that's a bad look. It demonstrates that you're obtuse and that you can't sit at the table with grown-ups and have a normal discussion. That's a turn off to any woman worth her salt.

How you are treated by other men, and how you respond to them is an external and very visible trait of masculinity. The same goes for being a useful husband. The way a useful husband interacts with a non-useful male is also visible to others. Sure this isn't the strict context that Maxim was speaking in, but I presumed you were smart enough to get the point, and it was you, in fact, who utterly missed it
So let me reiterate: How you interact with other people, especially other males, is visible to others, and speaks more to your masculinity than whatever hair you can grow on your face does.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: dellery on January 21, 2020, 10:08:31 PMSo let me reiterate: How you interact with other people, especially other males, is visible to others, and speaks more to your masculinity than whatever hair you can grow on your face does.

An uncontroversial observation that has nothing to do with the point about beards being a physical trait of masculinity that, along with others, is at the root of the biological laws of attraction.

Maybe you wouldn't have missed the point if you hadn't mindlessly jumped into this thread the same way you ride out of the grocery store with your cart like a teenager with a hormonal imbalance. Better than staring intensely into other men's eyes, is trying to interact meaningfully with what they say.

dellery

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on January 21, 2020, 04:35:30 PM

The underlying implication here is that being masculine looking is better and more attractive than being masculine and non-masculine looking. Maybe this applies for girls on Tinder, but I wouldn't know.
What I do know is that when a non-masculine looking guy scares you in front of your girl you don't look so masculine anymore, no matter how well you've perfected your look.
Making sense yet?

Nous Defions

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: dellery on January 21, 2020, 10:48:04 PMThe underlying implication here is that being masculine looking is better and more attractive than being masculine and non-masculine looking. Maybe this applies for girls on Tinder, but I wouldn't know.

Being masculine looking is better than not being masculine looking. It's not a hard concept to understand. Forget about Tinder and open a biology book.

QuoteWhat I do know is that when a non-masculine looking guy...

Okay, you can't grow a beard. That's fine.

Quote...scares you in front of your girl you don't look so masculine anymore, no matter how well you've perfected your look.

Let's just admit for the sake of this fantasy of yours that you are out there scaring other guys in front of their women with your piercing gaze. I hate to break it to you, Dellery, but that doesn't make you look masculine. It makes you look like a lunatic. Given that such behavior comes from a guy that doesn't look that masculine to begin with and that skates out of stores with shopping carts, then it borders on the psychotic. You might want to seek professional help.

dellery

Perhaps you may want to look back through this last page here and see how much of a baby I've made you act like.

Something tells me a guy riding a shopping cart ran your foot over as he was stealing your girl.

Nous Defions

Graham

Xavier

Quote from: Vetus
Quote from: MaximThe best of all, currently, is to be a black man in Africa. The top 30 highest birthrates in the world are ALL African countries. Whatever the Africans are doing it is working.

No, not necessarily. Maxim/Greg is correct about the statistics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projections_of_population_growth As for the explanation of them, probably one reason is that contraception use and abortion has not become as widespread in Africa as it sadly is in Europe? He's also right that 4.5 of the world's 7.5 billion people are from Asia. Africa's population is nearly 1.3 billion. Europe's population would probably be over 2 billion now if not for abortion and contraception. It is currently around 750 million. If Europeans want to turn the trend around, they had better start getting married young and having many more children. Trads understand that, and that's very good, but very few others do.

Quote from: MaximSikhs have the lowest birth rate in India against all the other ethnic groups.  Yet sikhs ALL have thick beards and most Indians have no beard or no ability to grow a good strong beard.

I'm Asian and Indian, and this is ridiculous, MaximGun. I can easily grow a beard if I have to. If Sikhs can do it, all Indians can do it. Sikhs do do it because their religion prescribes it. As for our religion, it is a curious thing in my opinion which I've never fully understood, that Roman Rite Priests are required to be tonsured, and generally clean shaved, while in the Eastern Rite Churches, many Bishops, Priests and Monks, are expected and required to let their hair grow freely and actually do so, as we know. I have no explanation for that.

But it is so. If I was married, I would do whatever my wife finds more attractive. My guess is most women like bearded men. Most of my married friends in India have beards.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Xavier on January 22, 2020, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: Vetus
Quote from: MaximThe best of all, currently, is to be a black man in Africa. The top 30 highest birthrates in the world are ALL African countries. Whatever the Africans are doing it is working.

No, not necessarily. Maxim/Greg is correct about the statistics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projections_of_population_growth As for the explanation of them, probably one reason is that contraception use and abortion has not become as widespread in Africa as it sadly is in Europe?

Generally speaking, the higher the degree of education and GDP per capita in a given society, the fewer children are born in it. This is an observable statistic.