Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

The Galaxy Invader (1985). It was awful, but not without redemptive qualities.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Adeodatus

"Chosin", a good interview documentary about the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

dueSicilie

Dred, it was awesome! (a couple of suggestive/ sexual elements, but the action made up for it)

Larry

Vampyr, a Danish film directed by Carl Dreyer(who also directed The Passion of Joan of Arc) from 1932. One of the most Catholic horror films ever made. And also one of the scariest.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

dueSicilie

Quote from: Bonaventure on October 20, 2013, 06:58:31 PM
Dr. No

Is it just me, or do Felix's sunglasses look really womanly?

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Maximilian

"To Live" -- Chinese movie by Zhang Yimou, starring Gong Li. Epic movie.

Available to watch free on Youtube:

[yt]
[/yt]

Heinrich

Quote from: Adeodatus on October 17, 2013, 09:29:14 PM
"Chosin", a good interview documentary about the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir.

Is this the story of the rescued Marines?

Regardless, do you have a link?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Larry

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Basilios

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Larry

Thor 2: The Dark World. A little slow in the beginning, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Tom Hiddleston steals the movie.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Larry S. on November 09, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
Thor 2: The Dark World. A little slow in the beginning, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Tom Hiddleston steals the movie.

Agreed.

I wish Loki had a larger role.  Apparently if Thor 4 gets made, they know where to take him. But his character is so.... Delightfully bad.  And his voice... His voice fits the role so well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.