Introduction

Started by Chin06, February 17, 2023, 04:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chin06

Hi everyone. I'm Chin and new here.
33. Female. From Toronto, Canada.

I'll answer the questions on the intro form:

What brings you to SD?

My boyfriend has been a member here for a very long time and I was curious about the forum, so I joined.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)?

I'm a part of a few Catholic discord servers and Reddit subs.

Why did you choose your username and avatar?
My username is my irl nickname. 06 is for 2006 when I graduated high school lol And I don't think I have picked out an avatar yet.

Update: My avatar is an AI generated image of Belle from Beauty and the Beast in a café.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?

In a relationship. Not yet married or engaged though, lol

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)

Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦

Personality type?

Um. ENFJ? Haha, not sure how to answer this.

Favorite books? The Lord of the Rings, historical fiction novels

Favorite movies? The LOTR trilogy, I like the animated Disney and Pixar movies pre-2016. I love stop motion animation as well. Isle of Dogs and Coraline are my favorites.

Favorite TV shows? Game of Thrones was the last one I was a big fan of.

Favorite sports/teams? Uh none.

Have any hobbies? Singing, eating out, travelling, playing with my dog, watching movies and shows

Pet peeves:
People who don't use their turn signals lol

Fun random fact about yourself:
I once had a dream that I was standing in my raincoat in the highlands of Scotland. 3 years after I had that dream, I traveled to Scotland on a tour group that my graduate school arranged and found myself wearing a raincoat and standing in the highlands which was one of our stops on the tour. 😊
"Love is the Cross, and the Cross is Love."
~ St. Therese of Lisieux 🌹🌹🌹

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum!
Who is the member that is your boyfriend?
I am also a big Tolkien fan.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

EastWest7

Welcome Chin06!
I share your pet peeve regarding people who don't use their turn signals!
I had a humbling experience not too long ago when I wasn't aware that someone was driving behind me when I turned into a parking space. I felt so bad about not using my turn signal that when I got out of my car I apologized to them profusely. They were quite understanding. But was an embarrassing reminder to me to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. ;D   
Before Abraham was, I AM. John 8:58

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

red solo cup

:toth: Do you shut the windows when it's 20 below or wait till it's 30 below?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Prayerful

Welcome here. People who don't use their indicators are ignorant and inconsiderate.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Chin06

Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 17, 2023, 05:54:47 PMWelcome to the forum!

Yay!! My boyfriend is a very big Tolkien fan too (way more than me). His username is Optatus 😊

Chin06

Quote from: EastWest7 on February 17, 2023, 08:10:25 PMWelcome Chin06!
I share your pet peeve regarding people who don't use their turn signals!
I had a humbling experience not too long ago when I wasn't aware that someone was driving behind me when I turned into a parking space. I felt so bad about not using my turn signal that when I got out of my car I apologized to them profusely. They were quite understanding. But was an embarrassing reminder to me to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. ;D   

Lol. Yeah, I mean I'm guilty of it myself some days when I'm in a hurry but I do always try to use it because I know how irritating it is when you don't.

Chin06

Quote from: red solo cup on February 18, 2023, 05:51:25 AM:toth: Do you shut the windows when it's 20 below or wait till it's 30 below?

😂😂 I'm not your typical Canadian. I hate being cold. My windows are only open in the Summertime. Haha!

Chin06

Quote from: Prayerful on February 18, 2023, 03:56:47 PMWelcome here. People who don't use their indicators are ignorant and inconsiderate.

Ugh yes! I feel so bad when I forget to use mine but its rare. It does drive me nuts when people don't use it and just cut you off. And I try and remember to say a prayer instead of cussing lol

Michael Wilson

I suspected you were not Canadian, since you didn't end every sentence with an "eh?"
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Chin06

Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 19, 2023, 08:47:03 AMI suspected you were not Canadian, since you didn't end every sentence with an "eh?"

🤣

I know, eh? 😉 lol

drummerboy

You mean Toronto "the good"? Lol.

Welcome!
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Melkor

Quote from: Chin06 on February 19, 2023, 08:35:41 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 17, 2023, 05:54:47 PMWelcome to the forum!

Yay!! My boyfriend is a very big Tolkien fan too (way more than me). His username is Optatus 😊

Tolkien fan here as well! Funny, I was under the impression Optatus was married for some reason: guess I'm wrong. Anyhow, welcome to the forum!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Chin06

Quote from: Melkor on February 19, 2023, 01:10:54 PM
Quote from: Chin06 on February 19, 2023, 08:35:41 AM

Tolkien fan here as well! Funny, I was under the impression Optatus was married for some reason: guess I'm wrong. Anyhow, welcome to the forum!

Thank you ❤️

Lol, we started dating just last year. But I get why you'd get that impression lol. He is an old soul 😂

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."