Christian Civilization: Daily Pictures

Started by Vetus Ordo, November 18, 2017, 04:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Marble Tombstones in St. John's Co-Cathedral, Malta.

The cathedral floor is composed of nearly 400 tombs of Knights and officers of the Knights of Malta. Each tombstone is inlaid by a marble slab bearing the crest, coat-of-arms and epitaph of the knight.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Vetus Ordo

A Chapel in Einsiedeln.

Canton of Schwyz in Switzerland.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Vetus Ordo

Sainte-Chapelle, Paris.

Saint Louis IX, pray for us.

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Lumen Christi

May I also share some pictures? :)

Seville Cathedral's altar:

Vetus Ordo

Lumen Christi

Lumen Christi

Armor of Light

Stunning! Too bad they all have tables blocking the view of the altar.
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Armor of Light on November 18, 2017, 09:15:01 PM
Stunning! Too bad they all have tables blocking the view of the altar.
Tables which were never mandated by Vatican II, I'd like to add. I'm not aware of anything in any Council document which mandates the use of a free-standing altar.

Lumen Christi

Kephapaulos

I remember visiting the Sainte-Chapelle and Santa Croce.

Lumen Christi

Parroquia San Miguel Arcangel, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Lumen Christi

Notre Dame Basilica
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Non Nobis

What a wonderful thread.  Thank you, Vetus Ordo, Lumen Christi, and others...
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!