Some guy got a piece of paper ...

Started by ServusMariae, July 17, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ServusMariae

Came across this on my country's subreddit on Reddit. Some guy got this piece of paper (which he then flushed it down the WC)

"JESUS IS COMING SOON!! SO TURN TO GOD! GIVE UP YOUR SINS AND YOU WILL BE FORGIVEN!! FOR BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED THROUGH FAITH. AND THIS IS NOT YOUR OWN DOING; IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD, NOT A RESULT OF WORKS, SO NO ONE MAY BOAST.

WHOEVER LOVES HIS LIFE LOSES IT AND WHOEVER HATES HIS LIFE IN THE WORLD WILL KEEP IT FOR ETERNAL LIFE. READ THE BIBLE AND RECEIVE THE SALVATION GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST.

YOU ONLY HAVE 2 CHOICES:HEAVEN-JESUS OR HELL-SATAN. SO CHOSE JESUS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!"

(Anti-Christian mockery flooded in the comments, so I only looked at the image.)

Any thoughts? Could tell it came from a dubious Protestant source... too much extreme proselytization on the streets?

Michael Wilson

It (the message) reflects both the Protestant belief in salvation through "faith alone" (sola fide); the Bible as the sole authoritative source of doctrine (sola scriptura) and the Apocalyptic tone which is also common of many Protestant sects.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

ServusMariae

Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 17, 2018, 07:03:11 PM
It (the message) reflects both the Protestant belief in salvation through "faith alone" (sola fide); the Bible as the sole authoritative source of doctrine (sola scriptura) and the Apocalyptic tone which is also common of many Protestant sects.

I wonder why they treat each day as the end of the world ... Why would they stir panic amongst themselves?

Livenotonevil

Every Christian religious group does it.

Why do you think Roman Catholics follow Fatima so much? Is it the supposed miracle of the apparition, or the Apocalyptic message attached to it?

Plus, there's nothing too remarkable or non-generic about that paper.
May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Greg

Woo.....makes otherwise rather dull lives interesting.

Most of us like a bit of woo, a bit of superstition.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

John Lamb

I think this is what Our Lord meant when He said not to cast your pearls before swine.

Protestant street preachers will go out into a crowd of shoppers and scream the truths (more or less) of the faith at the top of their lungs to people whose minds are focused on what shop or appointment they're going to next. All it tends to do is harden people's hearts more, and give them the impression that Christianity IS just a matter of shouting at people, making them feel guilty and miserable.

A true preacher would be fortified by fasting & penance first, and people would naturally flock to him. But the above kind of preaching just comes across as self-righteous anger . . . it's what happens when you read the Bible and think you're the next Elijah or St. John the Baptist. But if you read the Gospel you will see that Our Lord is very gentle to the crowds generally speaking, and avoids them when He can. He only really got angry with the Pharisees.
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul