Visiting New England

Started by Heinrich, September 19, 2023, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Frau H. and I will be visiting family in New Hampshire starting in October. Are there any SuDs who would want to meet for a seaside breakfast on Monday, October 9th? We are staying in NH, but our camper can't be checked into park until 1pm. We are leaving Greater Cincinnati around 10 am Sunday morning. It's normally an 18 hour drive if we stop to sleep. Lynn, I know you are up there.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

james03

For the rest of us, please go on a huge gluttonous seafood binge.  We will raise a toast to you if you do.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Hannelore

Enjoy the gorgeous scenery and Fall weather.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Heinrich on September 19, 2023, 09:26:23 AMFrau H. and I will be visiting family in New Hampshire starting in October. Are there any SuDs who would want to meet for a seaside breakfast on Monday, October 9th? We are staying in NH, but our camper can't be checked into park until 1pm. We are leaving Greater Cincinnati around 10 am Sunday morning. It's normally an 18 hour drive if we stop to sleep. Lynn, I know you are up there.

Oooo, I will check my schedule!!!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on September 19, 2023, 09:28:09 AMFor the rest of us, please go on a huge gluttonous seafood binge.  We will raise a toast to you if you do.

/chau' dir/ My Midland, Southern accent and cadence combo raise eyebrows up there(ep dair).
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

I will be in old Hampshire, in old England around the same time.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Quote from: Greg on September 20, 2023, 12:02:04 AMI will be in old Hampshire, in old England around the same time.

We'll Face Time breafast together. Although it will be your tea time.

Lynne

October 9th is Columbus Day this year and I'll have the day off so I can meet you for breakfast!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Melkor

Dang I kinda want to get together with you guys.

SD should have a massive convention sometime. I'll host if you guys want to come to to Manitoba. 😛
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

drummerboy

Didn't FE have a convention years ago? 
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Melkor on September 21, 2023, 04:57:09 PMDang I kinda want to get together with you guys.

SD should have a massive convention sometime. I'll host if you guys want to come to to Manitoba. 😛

You mean Womanitoba?
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Melkor

Quote from: The Curt Jester on September 21, 2023, 06:23:43 PM
Quote from: Melkor on September 21, 2023, 04:57:09 PMDang I kinda want to get together with you guys.

You mean Womanitoba?

It's actually'Theyitoba'
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Greg

That's still not inclusive enough.  Has to be TheyItXeVerTeoba++
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Lynne on September 21, 2023, 04:15:13 PMOctober 9th is Columbus Day this year and I'll have the day off so I can meet you for breakfast!

You're going to drive to NH?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on September 21, 2023, 05:24:05 PMDidn't FE have a convention years ago? 

Yeah its called the Pride Parade
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie