Jayne and I have mutually agreed to quit this forum forever.

Started by Greg, September 10, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=20772.0

Have a nice life.

If Jayne dies I might return.  But not while she is alive.

Make her stick to her word.  It was she who made the offer

Here is her post, in case she tries to delete it.

Doesn't your great skill at reading people tell you that Ches takes this nonsense seriously and is distressed by it?  Don't you think he suffers enough without you bringing such things to his attention?

I, on the other hand, dismiss it as an aberration which is not at all typical of traditional Catholics.  The poster you quoted in the OP has such distinct and unusual views that I knew precisely who had written it, even though you had not identified him.  The vast majority of members here, and even on Cathinfo, see me as their sister in Christ and would pose no danger to me whatsoever.  You quoted a single individual, so obsessed with Jews and Judaism that he keeps a file on me to keep track of my "incriminating" posts.  I would be very surprised if there is anyone else like this.

You habitually focus on the kooky, the stupid and the perverted.  You consistently post on such topics and treat them as the norm rather than exceptions.  The bad stuff among Catholics does not represent Catholicism.  But it sure is convenient for you to act as if it does.  It is your excuse for rejecting any authority over you, leaving you free to dismiss the dogmas and moral teachings of the Church whenever it pleases you.  It allows you to position yourself as an isolated sane person surrounded by craziness. It lets you see yourself as a good person merely for going to Mass, being married and having children.

We should have our eyes on Christ, not be looking for people to feel superior to.  When we have the right focus, we understand that we are unworthy.  There is no reason to look down on anyone.

Since I am a convert, I am very aware, almost envious, of your advantages as a cradle Catholic.  You have a formation that makes some virtues second nature to you while I have to struggle with practically everything.  But I have one gift as a convert.  I don't take being Catholic for granted.  It feels like a miracle to me.  I am filled with gratitude and awe.

I can't stand the way you talk about traditional Catholics and the way you treat the Church. I can't take it any more. Pon predicted that I would reach my limit some day.  Nevertheless, I have the same objections that I always have to his preferred solution of a perma-ban poll.

So here is my deal for you.  However many posts you make in a day is my posting limit for the following day.  You have complete control over how often I post to this forum.  Given that you have said that you can take or leave this forum (and even written a post announcing that you quit) and given all the things that you have written about me, you should stop posting.  You would be giving up something that is no sacrifice in order to remove someone you consider a blot on the forum.

From now on, every post you make is a statement that I am not really so bad after all.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

John Lamb

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

OCLittleFlower

I'd be sorry to lose either of you.  Please reconsider...
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Jayne

It reminds me of a poem.

The Duel
by Eugene Field

The gingham dog and the calico cat
Side by side on the table sat;
'T was half-past twelve, and (what do you think!)
Nor one nor t' other had slept a wink!
      The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate
      Appeared to know as sure as fate
There was going to be a terrible spat.
            (I was n't there; I simply state
            What was told to me by the Chinese plate!)

The gingham dog went "Bow-wow-wow!"
And the calico cat replied "Mee-ow!"
The air was littered, an hour or so,
With bits of gingham and calico,
      While the old Dutch clock in the chimney-place
      Up with its hands before its face,
For it always dreaded a family row!
            (Now mind: I'm only telling you
            What the old Dutch clock declares is true!)

The Chinese plate looked very blue,
And wailed, "Oh, dear! what shall we do!"
But the gingham dog and the calico cat
Wallowed this way and tumbled that,
      Employing every tooth and claw
      In the awfullest way you ever saw—
And, oh! how the gingham and calico flew!
            (Don't fancy I exaggerate—
            I got my news from the Chinese plate!)

Next morning, where the two had sat
They found no trace of dog or cat;
And some folks think unto this day
That burglars stole that pair away!
      But the truth about the cat and pup
      Is this: they ate each other up!
Now what do you really think of that!
            (The old Dutch clock it told me so,
            And that is how I came to know.)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on September 10, 2018, 12:51:27 PM
Make her stick to her word.

We can ask KK to set up a ban for each of us.  I would prefer it that way.

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Jayne

Those interested in keeping in contact with me after I leave the forum may send a PM to get my email.

Act now.  This offer ends soon.

Optatus

But why? Why not just take a break for a few months instead of doing something so permanent? I've never understood why people do this.

Sen

This is sad. I propose we keep both of you and ban the atheist "I only joined this forum because I wanted to teach the kids proper Catholicism", "professor", "principal", "director of Catholic schools", "conductor of research (laughably and unbelievably, using a niche internet forum), which conveniently cannot be shared when proof is demanded", "African" troll Kirin instead, who is likely from The Thinking Atheist forum which infiltrated SD many times in the past.

Jayne

Quote from: Optatus on September 10, 2018, 01:43:25 PM
But why? Why not just take a break for a few months instead of doing something so permanent? I've never understood why people do this.

This comment in another thread is similar to how I understand the situation:

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 10, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

Objectively speaking, Jayne is a staunch defender of the Faith, regardless of personal feelings about her (fwiw, I have great respect and affection for her, but I care for you too Heinrich.) 

And as entertaining as Greg can be, he is not, and has recently been rampaging throughout countless threads. His anger is perfectly understandable - we all share it - but he uses it in a scandalous manner.  He still believes that Christ is present Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Host, and I cling to that in my prayers for him, but he encourages the atheists and <some> schismatics that are treating SD Catholics with contempt, cooperating in the promotion of their errors.  Fwiw, the forum rules state "Error has no rights."  The forum is not permitted to be used to undermine the Faith, but I think that only applied when there was moderation. That seems to be out the window for some reason.

This was the most effective way I could think of to defend the Faith in this situation.

Optatus

Well, for what little it's worth I'd rather neither of you left. I think it would be a major loss for the forum.

Hannelore

My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 03:54:34 PM
Quote from: Optatus on September 10, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

This comment in another thread is similar to how I understand the situation:

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 10, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

Objectively speaking, Jayne is a staunch defender of the Faith, regardless of personal feelings about her (fwiw, I have great respect and affection for her, but I care for you too Heinrich.) 

And as entertaining as Greg can be, he is not, and has recently been rampaging throughout countless threads. His anger is perfectly understandable - we all share it - but he uses it in a scandalous manner.  He still believes that Christ is present Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Host, and I cling to that in my prayers for him, but he encourages the atheists and <some> schismatics that are treating SD Catholics with contempt, cooperating in the promotion of their errors.  Fwiw, the forum rules state "Error has no rights."  The forum is not permitted to be used to undermine the Faith, but I think that only applied when there was moderation. That seems to be out the window for some reason.

This was the most effective way I could think of to defend the Faith in this situation.

You confirm what I knew from the start when you proposed this to Greg - that you are sacrificing yourself for the sake of the forum.  I cannot fault you for that, I'm only sorry I didn't think of it myself, tormented by what's happened to SD. 

Quote..."conductor of research (laughably and unbelievably, using a niche internet forum), which conveniently cannot be shared when proof is demanded", "African" troll Kirin instead, who is likely from The Thinking Atheist forum which infiltrated SD many times in the past.
Sen, the idea that an atheist proclaims that she is using Catholics like microbes in a petri dish and remains here is revolting. 
And I had the same thought about TTA forum infiltration, once again.  She's not the only one boldly spreading error, assisted by bad and/or apostate Catholics and schismatics.  It's very successful now, since there is little to no enforcement of forum rules and trads are treated here with contempt.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Heinrich

The fact of the matter is is that Jayne will use another account and simply post under another name. Heck, I am almost certain that she signs in under her husband's account or some other type of proxy and reads the St. Joseph's threads.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.