TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on January 27, 2017, 12:18:20 PM
Well, I love Canadians so much that I married one.   :P

Smart choice :canada:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

maryslittlegarden

Watching vintage Family Feud at the moment.  Gotta love leisure suits and polyester. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

red solo cup

Frontier on Netflix about the Hudson Bay Company. Lots of violence and profanity. Tried to give it a chance but gave up after 5 episodes. The writing was pretty bad. I find it hard to believe Indians in the 1700's used the word paranoid etc.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

A Series of Unfortunate Events:lol:
My Lord and my God.

piabee

I'm almost fully caught up on the current shows I watch, which is surprising. So I went back to season 4 of Person of Interest for variety.

Hat And Beard

The BBC Father Brown. Not as faithful to the Chesterton series as you would like, but still pretty awesome.

ETA for you Sherlock Holmes fans:
QuoteFather Brown is a Catholic who pokes fun at the mechanical thought processes of the Protestants and the book is basically an apologia of the Roman Church as against the Anglican Church. Sherlock Holmes is the 'Protestant' detective who finds the end of the criminal skein by starting from the outside, relying on science, on experimental method, on induction. Father Brown is the Catholic priest who through the refined psychological experiences offered by confession and by the persistent activity of the fathers' moral casuistry, though not neglecting science and experimentation, but relying especially on deduction and introspection, totally defeats Sherlock Holmes, makes him look like a pretentious little boy, shows up his narrowness and pettiness. Moreover, Chesterton is a great artist while Conan Doyle was a mediocre writer, even though he was knighted for literary merit; thus in Chesterton there is a stylistic gap between the content, the detective story plot, and the form, and therefore a subtle irony with regard to the subject being dealt with, which renders these stories so delicious.
-Antonio Gramsci

Bernadette

Quote from: Hat And Beard on February 02, 2017, 09:36:02 AM
The BBC Father Brown. Not as faithful to the Chesterton series as you would like, but still pretty awesome.

Must find.  :swoon:
My Lord and my God.

Kephapaulos

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 02, 2013, 07:39:42 AM
Like you, I'm watching Breaking Bad. I'm halfway into season 4 now. Not sure why it's so popular among folks in this forum, beyond it being entertaining in general. I appreciate the "ordinary" approach the show takes, right down to the plain-looking actors.

Besides that, I mentioned elsewhere that I watched the entire Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra earlier this summer. Definitely one of the best animated shows ever, and is better than most live-action shows for adults. I recommend it to everybody.

Couldn't find an intro for the original series, but this is the second series' one.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLLyJtI-ZeM[/yt]

I've also been watching a series called Copper, which is an unusual hybrid of the police procedural and the period drama. It's set in New York City in the year 1865, so it's basically Gangs of New York: The Series... except from a cop's perspective, of course.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMWhtjgmC3U[/yt]

I have watched all of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. The first series was pretty well done. The second failed to live up to the first. I mean it was interesting to see the connections to the original series and certain new things revealed, but it lacked character development, some substance to the story, and depth. Plus, at the very end, it seemingly promotes a liberal agenda. The first series had more of a traditional feel to it with a traditionally Asian cultural setting.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on February 02, 2017, 12:02:45 PM

http://putlockers.ch/watch-father-brown-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html
but use a good adblocker or someting to block pop ups.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

martin88nyc

Arthur Weasley is Father Brown. ;D
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Hat And Beard

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 02, 2017, 08:10:20 PM
Arthur Weasley is Father Brown. ;D
He's the best part, especially in the later seasons when a lot of the other regulars leave.

Elizabeth

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 02, 2017, 04:24:42 PM

Martin you Rock.
And, Hat&Beard, thank you for the very pithy critique.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Elizabeth on February 02, 2017, 08:19:17 PM

Martin you Rock.
And, Hat&Beard, thank you for the very pithy critique.
:toth: You can watch almost everything on putlocker these days. Who needs netflix. Well the quality of the video is not the best but come on we cannot expect everything fo fweeee.

Kaesekopf

I hate using other computers simply because they don't have adblock.  ublock origin is great.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

The latest from Bill Burr. Not great but it had it's moments.
non impediti ratione cogitationis