TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Quote from: zork on May 03, 2015, 03:00:39 PM
Revenge - season 3

Series finale Sunday so you've only got one more season to go! It's gotten a bit more interesting the past couple episodes.

zork

Quote from: piabee on May 05, 2015, 12:40:12 AM
Quote from: zork on May 03, 2015, 03:00:39 PM
Revenge - season 3

Series finale Sunday so you've only got one more season to go! It's gotten a bit more interesting the past couple episodes.

Ironically, I watched the Season 3 finale during the Season 4/series finale (and not intentionally, by the way!).
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

zork

Updated:

The Following - season 3
Twilight Zone - season 3
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - season 4
Psych - Season 7
Mad Men - season 7

Finally finished Twin Peaks last night.

Mono no aware

Quote from: zork on May 11, 2015, 11:43:40 AM
Mad Men - season 7

Same here.  These last two seasons have been middling at best, but I'm still going to miss it.  A mediocre season of Mad Men is still good TV.  And its brilliant early seasons will stand as some of the best television ever made.  Although it's gone on for longer than it should have, I rank it beside Rome (which didn't go on for long enough) as the best show of the new millennium.

aquinas138

Quote from: Pon de Replay on May 11, 2015, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: zork on May 11, 2015, 11:43:40 AM
Mad Men - season 7

Same here.  These last two seasons have been middling at best, but I'm still going to miss it.  A mediocre season of Mad Men is still good TV.  And its brilliant early seasons will stand as some of the best television ever made.  Although it's gone on for longer than it should have, I rank it beside Rome (which didn't go on for long enough) as the best show of the new millennium.

I was never able to get into it. I watched the first two seasons, and I think a couple of episodes of the third, and just gave up. I recognize that it's a quality show, and I love Jon Hamm, but I found it a bit lugubrious, and it just never grabbed me.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Mono no aware

Quote from: aquinas138 on May 11, 2015, 09:57:14 PMI was never able to get into it. I watched the first two seasons, and I think a couple of episodes of the third, and just gave up. I recognize that it's a quality show, and I love Jon Hamm, but I found it a bit lugubrious, and it just never grabbed me.

Lugubrious—good word.  It's a fair charge.  Those first few seasons are certainly the darkest, but they're also my favorite.

aquinas138

Quote from: Pon de Replay on May 11, 2015, 10:33:32 PM
Quote from: aquinas138 on May 11, 2015, 09:57:14 PMI was never able to get into it. I watched the first two seasons, and I think a couple of episodes of the third, and just gave up. I recognize that it's a quality show, and I love Jon Hamm, but I found it a bit lugubrious, and it just never grabbed me.

Lugubrious—good word.  It's a fair charge.  Those first few seasons are certainly the darkest, but they're also my favorite.

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't like it - I love dark shows and morally ambiguous characters, but it just didn't hit for me.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Baldrick

I've been watching Wolf Hall on Amazon Prime.  It's woefully inaccurate history; but it is superbly done drama.  I feel guilty liking it so much. lol.

aquinas138

Quote from: Baldrick on May 12, 2015, 08:02:16 AM
I've been watching Wolf Hall on Amazon Prime.  It's woefully inaccurate history; but it is superbly done drama.  I feel guilty liking it so much. lol.

Yes - I've broken out the "hiding under chair" smiley for the same thing!

Clare

I've been watching DVDs of Dad's Army. Very funny!
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

dymphna17

I've been late getting on the Mad Men train, but here I am, glued to any reruns they want to throw at me.  I just found out the library has all the shows on disc, so guess where I'm going tomorrow!  I'll have to say a few prayers for mortification of the brain so I don't go overboard.   :o
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

The Harlequin King

I've been watching season 2 of Turn: Washington's Spies. This series is really good, and it's sad that I'm the only person I know who watches it.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCxtpvbSvjk[/yt]

zork

I saw an article about Turn titled "The best show you're not watching". I noticed it's now on Netflix and might give it a chance after I finish up a couple other shows.

dymphna17

I tried getting into Turn in the first season and just couldn't do it.  I don't even really know why.  Maybe I'll try it again soon.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

I like Jamie Bell but my TV list is too long as it is. And the commercials always look so boring...