TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Only TV I am watching is World Cup soccer. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Hey, you sinners can continue to be inundated with your immoral television shows from the boob tube, whilst I enjoy the skillful precision and gameplay of the beautiful game....

:lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Pheo

Good man, KK.  Even better than the Olympics.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

piabee

Quote from: Pheo on June 24, 2014, 09:51:51 PM
Even better than the Olympics.

Man, I can't believe those were this year. It feels so long ago already.

Jayne

I watched the first two seasons of Longmire on Netflix and am now watching the third season as it airs.    It is a contemporary Western, with a "strong, silent" protagonist.   It echoes many of the admirable qualities of old Westerns. There are some immoral relationships in it, but the hero is truly heroic.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Elizabeth

Quote from: Chestertonian on June 24, 2014, 06:36:08 PM
The guy next to me is watching "extreme weight loss"

Gag me with a spoon
:rofl:

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

FaithByProxy

I've been watching "Kitchen Nightmares" on Netflix lately. As someone who has worked in several restaurants, it's pretty entertaining. I'm certain that the first place I worked at could have been featured on the show.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

piabee

The 2014 MLB All-Star Game.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: FaithByProxy on June 26, 2014, 01:25:42 PM
I've been watching "Kitchen Nightmares" on Netflix lately. As someone who has worked in several restaurants, it's pretty entertaining. I'm certain that the first place I worked at could have been featured on the show.
Gordon is a mans man....in top ten of blokes Id like to have dinner and drinks with....I just dont ever want to work for him.

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Bernadette

Quote from: FaithByProxy on June 26, 2014, 01:25:42 PM

Oh, this is going on my list!
My Lord and my God.

JubilateDeo

Orange is the New Black, and I'm mad at my mom for watching an episode without me >:-(

Older Salt

Alternating in betwixt "The Rockford Files" and "Hawaii 5-0"  the real ones.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.