TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Papist

Bonaventure

You following me around to make your quips?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Hector, Tamer of Horses

.... -shifty glance-

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I think I like it.

:-[
"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

-Dr. Johnson, Rasselas

piabee

Quote from: Hector, Tamer of Horses on May 29, 2014, 10:42:35 PM
.... -shifty glance-

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I think I like it.

This is a shame-free thread! I've been meaning to watch Buffy for a while. Maybe this summer.

Chestertonian

Quote from: piabee on May 29, 2014, 10:53:34 PM
Quote from: Hector, Tamer of Horses on May 29, 2014, 10:42:35 PM
.... -shifty glance-

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I think I like it.

This is a shame-free thread! I've been meaning to watch Buffy for a while. Maybe this summer.
that was a great show!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Der Kaiser

Reruns of Batman the animated series!
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth

On Netflix:
SALAMANDER

I LOVE IT!!  Skip first scene (husband and wife)

and middle of Episode 6 when our man enters the hotel room and rebuffs the seduction attempt.

Thoroughly satisfying anti Mason series, good action very sympathetic actors , a glimpse of Bruxxells .

totiusque

Sherlock
24 - Live Another Day
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Hector, Tamer of Horses

Still going through Buffy.  I'm on the third season now.  It's really good!  I'll probably watch Angel's spin-off when I finish...  Oh, I'm also watching The X-Files intermittently.  And some Twin Peaks.  Thinking of going through Firefly; is it good?

... Wow, I didn't realize how much I've been living in the 'Nineties lately.
"The world is not yet exhausted: let me see something to-morrow which I never saw before."

-Dr. Johnson, Rasselas

zork

Firefly is pretty good. Be sure to watch the sequel movie Serenity afterwards, if you do.

I'm watching (intermittently):

The Twilight Zone - season 1
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - season 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - season 3
Pysch - season 5
24 - season 9
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

totiusque

Quote from: zork on June 24, 2014, 02:50:39 AM
Firefly is pretty good. Be sure to watch the sequel movie Serenity afterwards, if you do.

Pysch - season 5
24 - season 9

I was going to comment about the outstanding choices you had listed, but then I saw TMNT on there and decided not to.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

zork

Quote from: totiusque on June 24, 2014, 02:57:48 AM
Quote from: zork on June 24, 2014, 02:50:39 AM

Pysch - season 5
24 - season 9

I was going to comment about the outstanding choices you had listed, but then I saw TMNT on there and decided not to.

Oh, but they're ALL outstanding.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

piabee

Someone lent me the Gilmore Girls boxed set so I've started on that. It's taking some time to get into it again but after four episodes the characters seem more like how I remember.

Chestertonian

The guy next to me is watching "extreme weight loss"

Gag me with a spoon
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"