To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instaurare omnia

The Auld Triangle, Luke Kelly & The Dubliners (for a more purist rendition than Glen Hansard & friends, above): [yt][/yt]
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Padraig

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on August 30, 2022, 04:56:36 PM
The Auld Triangle, Luke Kelly & The Dubliners (for a more purist rendition than Glen Hansard & friends, above): [yt][/yt]
This is one of the best versions

Maximilian

The Auld Triangle, Luke Kelly & The Dubliners (for a more purist rendition

If it's a purist rendition you want, here is Brendan Behan himself singing the song which was written by his brother for use in his play "The Quare Fellow."

"The Quare Fellow" was later made into a movie starring Patrick McGoohan. (But no singing.)

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

mikemac

Quote from: Maximilian on August 31, 2022, 07:12:37 AM
The Auld Triangle, Luke Kelly & The Dubliners (for a more purist rendition

If it's a purist rendition you want, here is Brendan Behan himself singing the song which was written by his brother for use in his play "The Quare Fellow."

At the start of the above video Brendan Behan says the song The Auld Triangle was written by a tramp.  The tramps name was Dick Shannon.

"The Auld Triangle" is a song by Dick Shannon, often attributed to Brendan Behan, who made it famous when he included it in his 1954 play The Quare Fellow."  Source
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

I'm listening to Ken Burns' The Civil War while I organize my Calibre library. Reminds me of when I was at Ole Miss in a political science class, and the professor asked who our favorite president was. I automatically said "Lincoln. He saved the Union," not even thinking that I was surrounded by Southerners. Lol.
My Lord and my God.

Justin Martyr

Quote from: Bernadette on September 01, 2022, 07:15:28 AM
I automatically said "Lincoln. He saved the Union," not even thinking that I was surrounded by Southerners. Lol.

Them are fighting words :lol:
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

red solo cup

Quote from: Bernadette on September 01, 2022, 07:15:28 AM
I'm listening to Ken Burns' The Civil War while I organize my Calibre library. Reminds me of when I was at Ole Miss in a political science class, and the professor asked who our favorite president was. I automatically said "Lincoln. He saved the Union," not even thinking that I was surrounded by Southerners. Lol.
I believe the proper term is War of Northern Aggression.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: Melkor on August 31, 2022, 07:38:41 PM
[yt]KtqaINvy_f8[/yt]
1994. I should have listened more closely back then. If I'm blessed, maybe when the time comes, I'll know why.  :) :pray1:
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Instaurare omnia

Live, Lightning Crashes, 1995

Trigger warning re perinatal maternal mortality. But the "pro-choice" people need to be reminded that this was the reality for almost all of human existence. Stark song:
[yt][/yt]

Instaurare omnia

Soul Asylum, Runaway Train, 1993. Please pray for all those trafficked, then and now.

[yt]

[/yt]

Instaurare omnia

Perhaps the opening soloist gets a few too many seconds, perhaps these are Neocatechumenal Way folks, but this rendition is what I often return to: Salve Regina:

[yt][/yt]

Instaurare omnia

Justin Martyr

Come Out Ye Black and Tans - Female Version

Not a huge fan of the thumbnail, but the music more than makes up for it.
The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.