Paul Touvier & The SSPX

Started by lauermar, April 08, 2018, 07:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Quote from: Maximilian on April 08, 2018, 09:03:39 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 08, 2018, 08:32:24 PM

To me, no one's agenda matters. I only want truth. And, God would want it so.  God help the betrayer of truth.

Are you willing to be chased through the airport by reporters as you are forced to flee from one country to another? If not, then you can't say that you only want the truth.

Funny video,  how Williamson holds up his fist.  Creepy for a Catholic bishop to physically threaten a reporter.  Not something St Paul would've done when persecuted (great movie BTW), but there's a Crisis in the Church,  so different rules apply now.  Right?

Carleendiane

Maximillian. Maybe you're right. Maybe I am not able to handle truth in the way you describe. Just maybe I don't truly want it. : ( Maybe.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Maximilian

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 09:16:42 PM

Creepy for a Catholic bishop to physically threaten a reporter.  Not something St Paul would've done when persecuted

So you are in a position of superiority to judge? Because you have taken a stand for the truth that has required you to flee from one country to another while being hounded by the world press?

It doesn't have to be Bishop Williamson. It could be Cardinal Mindszenty or Julian Assange. Those who have suffered the weight of the world for the sake of truth are in a position to speak. Others who criticize without having made these kinds of sacrifices are merely contemptible.

christulsa

Quote from: Maximilian on April 08, 2018, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 09:16:42 PM

Creepy for a Catholic bishop to physically threaten a reporter.  Not something St Paul would've done when persecuted

So you are in a position of superiority to judge? Because you have taken a stand for the truth that has required you to flee from one country to another while being hounded by the world press?

It doesn't have to be Bishop Williamson. It could be Cardinal Mindszenty or Julian Assange. Those who have suffered the weight of the world for the sake of truth are in a position to speak. Others who criticize without having made these kinds of sacrifices are merely contemptible.

Correct.   I know Catholic morality and hating the enemies of Christ when I see it.   Read the Gospels. Our Lord taught us to love our enemies,  not hate them.

You should have no contempt for anyone, according to the Catholic Faith, didn't you know that Max ??  Including those who criticize bishops who deny the Holocaust,  or downplay it.   

Larry

Quote from: Greg on April 08, 2018, 06:03:44 PM
Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 05:38:30 PM
Harbored. in. priory.  Do you copy?  Over.

JP2 harboured a known pedophile in the Vatican.

He's now a Saint.

More than one.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

PerEvangelicaDicta

How many were killed at Auschwitz?
Pick a number
http://rense.com/general62/auch.htm

Quote"In the beginning was the Holocaust. We must therefore begin again. We must create a new Talmud and compile new midrashim, just as we did after the destruction of the Second Temple. We did so then in order to mark the new beginning: until then we lived one way; from then on nothing could be the same."

— Elie Wiesel, in "Jewish Values in the Post-Holocaust Future: A Symposium.'' Judaism, vol. 16 no. 3, 1967.

I haven't researched this in years, so I'm stunned at how much information has been scrubbed on the internet (i.e., David Cole). 
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

diaduit

Quote from: christulsa on April 08, 2018, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: diaduit on April 08, 2018, 03:38:10 PM
You've had a lot of bad luck op.

I am attending sspx since I was 15, that's 30 years ago. Never once ever ever did I see, hear, suspect or even get a hi t of immorality from any priest ever.
I liked some and disliked others , I've seen so many with all the changes and appointing of different priest.
Never once have I heard anything remotely considered as Nazi sympathising. Sermons at times reference Jews in the biblical context and never in the political/modern conspiracy context.
However that sort of talk is frequent among the mass goers. After 30 years I've heard every conspiracy theory going. Some are probably true but some are just wacko.

You watch one programme and have written off truly Catholic organisation. Considering our school books worldwide have been rewritten and fraudulently mapped history to erase Catholic heritage, nationalism  to dismantle the fruits of Christianity for civilization. What can you expect from a TV station ....true history , pffft....you must be joking.

That's a long time in the sspx.  Do you remember they had a bishop who denied the Holocaust,  and dozens of like-minded priests were kicked out of the Society who followed him?   

We had an sspx priest who would preach 1.5 hour sermons berating the faithful.  Slapped an altar boy.  Never seen anything like that?  Another priest taken off the Mass circuit for disobeying the district Superior.  Etc etc   

Yes,  their shoelaces are straight,  but "immorality" goes beyond not swearing or obeying rubrics.  Wouldn't you agree, Diaduit?

I can only take your word for it but it's not something I've witnessed or heard of ever.
Some priests have had to berate the faithful, frankly if I was in their shoes I'd do alot more than that......I don't know how they stick the bickering and in house fighting.

Bishop Williamson's views on the Holocaust was slammed by a priest in our Church during a sermon.

Greg

What does "Nazi War Criminal" mean when if you turn him over to the "authorities" you are turning a man alledged to have committed a crime, who will never get a fair trial, to a bunch of politicians and judges who promote widespread legal abortion and sodomy?

I fail to see what qualifies them to sit in judgement on a Nazi?  Other than might is right.

How many Holocaust survivors children defend the abortion today?  Surely those pictures of chopped up babies should trigger a few memories? 

Jews need to complain less and do more.  I've been to the military graveyards of Europe and indeed of Russia and it was non-Jews who defeated the Nazis.  Why do the Jews get to be vigilantes and not the Russians 50-70 years on?  Why doesn't a woman who lost her husband and children in the London blitz get to turn up at the trial of the airman who loaded those bombs onto the aircraft knowing full well they would be dropped on civilians?

Because war is a dirty business.  And picking over the bones - a generation on not a healthy thing to do.

If fifty percent of the Jews controlling the media who bitch about the Holocaust that affected their grandfather, simply recognised the close parallel to abortion, firstly Abortion would be outlawed in all western countries and second Trad Catholics and Jews would be on friendlier terms.

If they promote abortion and the lust that leads that encourages it, then I don't care all that much about the historical plight of them either.  Certainly, this is one war crime that the British can't be blamed for.  I really don't see why the entire top floor of the Imperial War Museum should be dedicated to dead Jews and everyone walk around in hushed silence.

The above view doesn't make me a Saint, I know, but it is a human response to people crowing for justice who give very little justice to the world.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

christulsa

Yeah...no need for a fair trial or righteous judge to establish guilt.   Touvier himself confessed to his war crime,  that he killed 7 innocent Jews.  If he was truly sorry for mass murder,  he would have turned himself over to the police.

All war crimes that involve systematic murder, like his,  require punishment under the law.  Apoplectic, self-righteous Jewish Nazi-hunters don't negate that.  So that is a red herring. 

Yet the SSPX illegally harbored him in a priory for years.  Is there one right-reasoning person here who can see how that might be wrong?  Or at the very least cultish?  I guess not.

Back to the points raised by the OP.   He rightly has problems with all the pedo, homosexual,  and otherwise scandalous priests.  Including in the SSPX.   Every Catholic should be sober about the clerical abuses,  both in the novus ordo world and traddom, right?   Sycophantic defense of horseshit in the Society, and other trad groups, only drives people away from the Church,  like our OP who is about to throw in the towel,  it seems. 

But I guess that's good,  to purify the trad elect?  Lord help us.

Greg

Not ideal.  But there are worse things.

Jailing an old man 40 years after his crime, especially if he is sorry, does seem a little vengeful.

Nelson Mandela and Gandhi are morally superior to the Jews.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

christulsa

Quote from: Greg on April 09, 2018, 05:07:04 AM
Not ideal.  But there are worse things.

Jailing an old man 40 years after his crime, especially if he is sorry, does seem a little vengeful.

Nelson Mandela and Gandhi are morally superior to the Jews.

You mean the hypocritical members of that race,  right?   Not the race as a whole.

Greg

Of course not all of them.

I don't mind Argentinians who admit that they have no legal or moral right to the Falkland Islands merely because they are 300-400 miles off their coast.

But MOST Argentinians rather stupidly and blindly think they do, despite the historical facts AND losing a war over them after they invaded them in 1981.  Despite 99.5 percent of the Falkland Islanders wishing to remain British.

Do most Jews forgive and move on?  Or do most bang on about the Holocaust as-though they personally suffered in it?

My experience is that most have a chip on their shoulder about it.

MilesChristi

They would have Nuremberged an old man and forced him to admit to crimes he never comitted on top of those he did. What benefit would handing over a man to the Jews give to us. They've failed to be cooperative with us, we aren't helping them with their blood feuds.

You don't see the Armenians this vengeful.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

MilesChristi

Quote from: christulsa on April 09, 2018, 04:54:31 AM
Yeah...no need for a fair trial or righteous judge to establish guilt.   Touvier himself confessed to his war crime,  that he killed 7 innocent Jews.  If he was truly sorry for mass murder,  he would have turned himself over to the police.

All war crimes that involve systematic murder, like his,  require punishment under the law.  Apoplectic, self-righteous Jewish Nazi-hunters don't negate that.  So that is a red herring. 

Yet the SSPX illegally harbored him in a priory for years.  Is there one right-reasoning person here who can see how that might be wrong?  Or at the very least cultish?  I guess not.

Back to the points raised by the OP.   He rightly has problems with all the pedo, homosexual,  and otherwise scandalous priests.  Including in the SSPX.   Every Catholic should be sober about the clerical abuses,  both in the novus ordo world and traddom, right?   Sycophantic defense of horseshit in the Society, and other trad groups, only drives people away from the Church,  like our OP who is about to throw in the towel,  it seems. 

You do know that a confessor can't ask you to turn yourself in as a condit in of your absolution.

MilesChristi

Quote from: christulsa on April 09, 2018, 04:54:31 AM

And was his crime one against a law already in place when he committed the act, or one created ex post facto like those in Nuremberg.