Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Quote from: martin88nyc on December 07, 2018, 09:35:37 PM
Veritas Press' The New Marian Missal (1958 reprint) in almost mint condition  :)

I paid only 10$ plus 4$ for shipping.

I myself have found some excellent deals on Ebay, like a St Joseph's Missal (ages ago now), which even inclusive of post from the US was cheaper than a reprint, and in almost as good condition.

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Bernadette

The Lord of the Rings for kindle, only $2.99 at Amazon. ;D
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Beowulf, translated and with commentary by Tolkien. Part of the Tolkien sale.
My Lord and my God.

The Curt Jester

A wallet.  It will be replacing the wallet that I've had for the past 25 years or so.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Acolyte

Disregard.. can't figure out how to post a photo
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Gardener

The boys are really liking their mini-picnic table. They seem to do much better during meals vs the booster seats. Collapses flat, so we can take it places too.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

They look quiet and well mannered in the picture. Accurate? :D
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Lynne

Quote from: Gardener on December 28, 2018, 12:59:21 AM
The boys are really liking their mini-picnic table. They seem to do much better during meals vs the booster seats. Collapses flat, so we can take it places too.

So cute! {{hugs}}
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne

I got a French press!

(I should have posted this in the Coffee Pot)

:D
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

Quote from: red solo cup on December 28, 2018, 04:07:30 AM

Took picture with high speed camera similar to those which Destin on Smarter Every Day uses. Photographic trick.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Carleendiane

Quote from: Gardener on December 28, 2018, 12:18:07 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on December 28, 2018, 04:07:30 AM

Took picture with high speed camera similar to those which Destin on Smarter Every Day uses. Photographic trick.

:rofl:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

martin88nyc

Beautiful children you have Mr. Gardener. Children are in deed small miracles.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Heinrich

A 48kg kettlebell, red dot scope, uvb light for Miss Sunshine, the bearded dragon.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

A new doll for my collection that I've wanted for years.  ;D And some Fr. Faber books for Kindle. I wish TAN would sell them on their website as ebooks, but all they have is At the Foot of the Cross.
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

I bought a 1959 Rembrandt edition Confraternity and Douay texts Bible. Unfortunately the seller sent a KJV. Beautiful as it is, I have no use for it.

So it's being returned. *sigh*