Name That Chick Flick

Started by james03, January 17, 2016, 12:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Older Salt

Heres one:

"ford every stream"
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Bernadette

Quote from: Older Salt on January 18, 2016, 08:32:25 AM
Heres one:

"ford every stream"

I know this one, but I still can't figure out James's.  :-\
My Lord and my God.

james03

QuoteI Google'd this one, and I think we have strong differing opinions on chick flicks.....

Pride and Prejudice is not a chick flick?  This would be the scene where the girl runs into the guy she's fighting with up at his palace.  I had to perform CPR on my wife after that scene.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: james03 on January 23, 2016, 11:41:00 AM
QuoteI Google'd this one, and I think we have strong differing opinions on chick flicks.....

Pride and Prejudice is not a chick flick?  This would be the scene where the girl runs into the guy she's fighting with up at his palace.  I had to perform CPR on my wife after that scene.

Oooohhhh, Google said it was a film from the forties....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bernadette

Quote from: james03 on January 23, 2016, 11:41:00 AM

OK, good, now I can move on to this one:

Quote from: Older Salt on January 18, 2016, 08:32:25 AM
Heres one:

"ford every stream"

The Sound of Music!

Here's one:

"But Aunt, I don't smoke cigars!"
"No. But a man does!"
My Lord and my God.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

james03

This fell flat.  I'll throw out my last one:

"Take me to the *** ****, my husband."  (title of the movie is blacked out).  Unfortunately there were a couple of movies made on this, so this might pertain to only one edition.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Prayerful

Forgive this necropost, but chick flicks are what's called cruel and usual punishment.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Bernadette

I can't believe no one guessed mine!  :-[ This might have to move to the Mary Garden.  :huh:
My Lord and my God.

CilantroTamales

Gardener

Here's one:

"Why didn't you write?"

"I wrote you 365 letters!"
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Gardener on August 01, 2017, 07:03:13 PM
Here's one:

"Why didn't you write?"

The Notebook! 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 02, 2017, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: Gardener on August 01, 2017, 07:03:13 PM
Here's one:

"Why didn't you write?"

The Notebook! 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Michael Wilson

From the ultimate "Chick Flick" movie:
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"
Not a dry eyed girl in the whole audience.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Kaesekopf