"I'm afraid that the West will die"

Started by Instaurare omnia, December 01, 2022, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instaurare omnia

< 1 minute clip (French with English subtitles): https://twitter.com/i/status/1597692205593862144
Quote"I'm afraid that the West will die. There are plenty of signs. You are invaded, still, by other cultures & peoples, who will progressively dominate you by their numbers and change your culture, your convictions, your morality."~ Cardinal Robert Sarah  https://twitter.com/sanojthomas_/status/1597692205593862144
Cardinal Sarah. Not Bannon, not Houllebecq, not Powell, not Raspail.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

awkward customer

What will happen to the rest of the world if the West dies?

Goldfinch

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on December 01, 2022, 08:05:21 AM
< 1 minute clip (French with English subtitles): https://twitter.com/i/status/1597692205593862144
Quote"I'm afraid that the West will die. There are plenty of signs. You are invaded, still, by other cultures & peoples, who will progressively dominate you by their numbers and change your culture, your convictions, your morality."~ Cardinal Robert Sarah  https://twitter.com/sanojthomas_/status/1597692205593862144

Cardinal Sarah is late to the party.

The West has already died. By the West, I mean Christendom which is the only worthwhile definition. Or rather, the only definition that matters and has moral value. The first fatal blow was the Protestant Revolution and the last fatal blow was Vatican II. His Eminence is at least complicit in the latter.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

Greg

His prediction depends on a straight line extrapolation of the current trajectory with no black swan events.

Nuclear war and it is bullshit.

Massive economic collapse and people starving and it is bullshit.  There will be zero tolernace for liberalism.

There is many a slip twix cup and lip.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Instaurare omnia

Everyone here has a point in what they say as to the Church. Yet I posted this under "General News and Discussion" rather than "The Church Courtyard" for its relevance to the European situation in general. The quote is from a Guinean who, until age 65, served in his home country and much of that time under an anti-Catholic dictatorship. Not that secular Europeans care what an old Cardinal has to say, but it's interesting that the clip is associated with a suspended Twitter account that, from its remaining searchable replies, had a strong anti-immigrant stance. (Here, what remains of the interview translator's account, for those who read French: https://twitter.com/yannmerdoku ) Liberals might not care, but apparently there are some French nationalists who agree with this 77-year-old African.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

GMC

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on December 01, 2022, 04:01:23 PM
Everyone here has a point in what they say as to the Church. Yet I posted this under "General News and Discussion" rather than "The Church Courtyard" for its relevance to the European situation in general. The quote is from a Guinean who, until age 65, served in his home country and much of that time under an anti-Catholic dictatorship. Not that secular Europeans care what an old Cardinal has to say, but it's interesting that the clip is associated with a suspended Twitter account that, from its remaining searchable replies, had a strong anti-immigrant stance. (Here, what remains of the interview translator's account, for those who read French: https://twitter.com/yannmerdoku ) Liberals might not care, but apparently there are some French nationalists who agree with this 77-year-old African.

There is not much to say. Sarah is right. Mass immigration will destroy the West.

French autors have writting about this since the 1970s because mass immigration began in France earlier than in any other Western Nation.

For example "Le Camp des Saints" by Jean Raspail. From 1973.

Recently, the film "Athena" shows a France that is a tinderbox, which the slightest spark can cause it to explode into a civil war.

And the rest of Europe is on the same path as France, some have traveled more and others less. Some worse than others, for example here there is a lot of Latino immigration, which, although it continues to be problematic, is less so than Islamic or African mass inmigration. Although we also have all of them.

In Spain, mass immigration began in the late 1990s-early 2000s. Under Aznar's right-liberal government. So we're a few decades behind France, but we're traveling the same path.

Julio

Quote from: Goldfinch on December 01, 2022, 02:05:44 PM

Cardinal Sarah is late to the party.

The West has already died. By the West, I mean Christendom which is the only worthwhile definition. Or rather, the only definition that matters and has moral value. The first fatal blow was the Protestant Revolution and the last fatal blow was Vatican II. His Eminence is at least complicit in the latter.
Yes, this Catholic ethics that used to be marveled around the world as the supreme culture is dead. We have to remember that the "unrequited love" of the Knights was because they were Catholics and servants of God. In my book however, the first diabolical attack against Catholicism was its schism against the Eastern Orthodox. The hardcore effect of which was the destruction of Constantinople and reign of the enemies of Christ in that territory.

I agree that the Protestant Revolution was a fatal blow, but it was now the second major attack against Catholicism. Here, the destruction of all Catholic nations in Europe was swift. The wealth that was generated by the Protestant nations became the benchmark of success and ego was utilized by the devil to put God out of the human activities hence we have now secularism that is the by product of communist ideals. Godlessness was nothing but revisiting the pagan Greek thoughts by the so called "enlightenment" philosophers.

So yes, the Western Catholic ethics is now dead. Well, during the reign of Arianism in Western Europe, the Catholics became the minority. The more difficult situation right now is the holder of the sit of St. Peter is showing so shady personality about the enforcement of Catholic Traditions.

Xavier

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

Quote from: GMC on December 01, 2022, 04:53:55 PM
There is not much to say. Sarah is right. Mass immigration will destroy the West.

Could there ever be a more deserving destruction?

A contracepted and apostate generation, masturbating its way through life with utter distain for the pillars of their culture and opiated on Netflix.

Let's see what happens over the long run, but I would much prefer my great-grandchildren are half-castes than never existed at all because my grandchildren aborted or contracepted them from existence.  I suspect that most of our ancestors would look at Europe and America today in horror.

We have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deserve that our nations and national cultures are preserved.  Everything good about them we have neglected and rejected.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Melkor

Quote from: Greg on December 02, 2022, 07:47:05 AM

Could there ever be a more deserving destruction?

A contracepted and apostate generation, masturbating its way through life with utter distain for the pillars of their culture and opiated on Netflix.

Let's see what happens over the long run, but I would much prefer my great-grandchildren are half-castes than never existed at all because my grandchildren aborted or contracepted them from existence.  I suspect that most of our ancestors would look at Europe and America today in horror.

We have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deserve that our nations and national cultures are preserved.  Everything good about them we have neglected and rejected.

Full of cheer this fine morning, eh Greg?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Greg

I am always chipper after the Gospel of the first Sunday of Advent.

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: Greg on December 02, 2022, 07:47:05 AM
Could there ever be a more deserving destruction? [...] We have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to deserve that our nations and national cultures are preserved.  Everything good about them we have neglected and rejected.
Hence a valid argument to be made that the West self-destructed first through a variety of hidden/denied sins, and that very moral vacuum became the invitation for the influx of what is so manifest everywhere now. A healthy body, a well-maintained building, a properly cultivated field -- none of these deteriorate unnaturally except through prior neglect, whether that neglect is maliciously willful or merely feckless. Modernists would have us believe that population "succession" (i.e., replacement) is organic and natural, but we know better than to believe their lies.

Xavier

What the West needs is a Christian Revival.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Melkite

Some worse than others, for example here there is a lot of Latino immigration, which, although it continues to be problematic, is less so than Islamic or African mass inmigration.

I don't really see a problem with Latino immigration.  They are at least nominally Christian, and many of them hold to some traditional Western family values that are mostly dead in Anglo-America.  Long term, they'll make us a little better and a little stronger.  And they generally don't practice circumcision.  That little cultural artifact of Anglo-America can't be eliminated too soon, afaic.  Bring on the Latinos!

Aethel

Don't worry, the West as it exists today won't last. The issues are so deeply entrenched that it's not socially sustainable and will burn into chaos.

As a young dude in my 20s who has had exposure to younger generations and is socially active, all traditional civilizational narratives about social norms, expectations, and ethics have had a shot gun blast in the back of the head. Most people are acting at a purely animalistic level that it's not possible to have real social cohesion which lasts in the long term.

Believe me, when you date women my generation, you really learn how truly parasitic the majority of young people are, both men and women - when you pick up the social dynamics, it might drive you crazy and into depression. And nobody wants to discuss how bad things have gotten because it means facing really harsh truths about themselves, so we are all collectively ignoring the ticking time bomb with banal meaningless issues that don't mean anything.

I think the West will survive, but it's not gonna be recognize-able and there will be a lot of turmoil.

Kali is dancing, and her tempo's increasing.