What's your Trad Sunday mass kid to adult ratio?

Started by Greg, August 16, 2023, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Count the heads of children under 11 at mass. Count the number of adults including servers but not priests, nuns.

27 children, 68 adults at my church last Sunday.  Express as a decimal.  27/68 = 0.397
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bonaventure

Where Mrs B and I usually went we were either the only family, or maybe if we were lucky 1 other young child.

Where we go now, maybe 2-3 other families with toddlers and younger.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Greg

My Church is like a nursery.  Good thing the tea room has carpets there are babies crawling everywhere.

Never seen such a high ratio and it is multiple families too.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Maximilian

I'd have to do an actual count to get a more exact number, but my rough estimate is the same 40% that you have.

There's good and bad to having so many children. It's nice to see so much new life being brought up within Catholic tradition. In exchange you have to put up with the sermon sometimes being drowned out by crying babies. I am friends with an older couple who have started making an extra 20 minutes drive to a nearby sedevacantist chapel just because they can no longer tolerate the noise of the children.

There are other traditional parishes where I sometimes attend. There you can participate in the Mass in peace and hear the sermon. On the other hand, the quiet is a prelude to the quiet of the grave, both for the individuals and for the entire community.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Too many to count.

5 kids per family is normal, with some families nearing or exceeding 10 kids.  Plenty of NV350s, E250s, and Transit vans in the parking lot.
this page left intentionally blank