To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

NOT the new U2 album, that's for sure.

JubilateDeo

Right now I'm listening to NOTHING.  The sound of silence.   :) :) :)

Lynne

Quote from: JubilateDeo on September 13, 2014, 09:49:25 PM
Right now I'm listening to NOTHING.  The sound of silence.   :) :) :)
Lovely. [emoji4]
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Angelorum

"All men naturally desire to know, but what does knowledge avail without the fear of God? Indeed an humble peasant, that serves God, is better than a proud philosopher, who neglecting himself, considers the course of the heavens." - Thomas à Kempis, Imitation of Christ

piabee

Chestertonian

I'm listening to the pitter patter of little feet

my son is up for his blood sugar check/midnight snack.  it's kind of our routine.  since i am a night owl.  he get s his snack and then he eats it all cuddled up in bed between me and my wife and crunches loudly in my ear  on one level it's like.... go to bed kid,

but on another level, it won't be long before he's too big to fit in the bed, haha

we does insulin and he usually falls asleep between us and my wife carries him to his room or forgets to and he just wakes up in our bed...except usually in a wildly different position than he was when h efell asleep, usually like upside down with his foot in my face
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Dom Passerini

Quote from: J. Austin on September 09, 2014, 08:50:09 PM
Quote from: Dom Passerini on September 05, 2014, 04:59:29 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCSEEvEm3uc[/yt]

Something good for this thread which has just turned 100.

Biber's upped his game, that was a lot better than his last single!

(Profuse apologies if anyone has already succumbed to the irresistible temptation of such a crappy joke).  :D

Lol, just seeing this.   ;D
a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Dom Passerini

a sparrow all alone on the housetop

LouisIX

Your tastes make no sense, PdR.  Eliot, yes, but Jane's Addiction is like the Charles Bukowski of music.

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a stinker
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mono no aware

"You try so hard but you don't understand."

That's a bizarre comparison.  Jane's Addiction had a sprawl and a majesty to their music.  Bukowski was sloppy.  Early Nick Cave is more like the Bukowski of music.  You know who loved Jane's?  Your old boy devotedknuckles.  I believe they were his favorite band.  He had good taste, I'll say that much for him.  Not all the time, but sometimes.  I mean, he probably liked Bukowski too.

LouisIX

Quote from: Pon de Replay on September 19, 2014, 11:59:52 AM
"You try so hard but you don't understand."

That's a bizarre comparison.  Jane's Addiction had a sprawl and a majesty to their music.  Bukowski was sloppy.  Early Nick Cave is more like the Bukowski of music.  You know who loved Jane's?  Your old boy devotedknuckles.  I believe they were his favorite band.  He had good taste, I'll say that much for him.  Not all the time, but sometimes.  I mean, he probably liked Bukowski too.

I was going to make the dk connection in my last post.  I think it justifies my comparison.  If there were ever a trad Bukowski, dk was he.  And dk loved Jane's Addiction.

I'm inclined to find something that we both find quite agreeable musically.  How do you feel about the following?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v19-ssWnn6k[/yt]
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Mono no aware

I like them okay, but their style was always a little too funked-up and nerdy for me.  For your delectation, here is a picture of, unsurprisingly, David Byrne and (yup) Sufjan Stevens onstage together.

Chestertonian

We should start a band called jaynes addiction and sing songs about SD topics
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Mono no aware

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 19, 2014, 01:32:50 PM
We should start a band called jaynes addiction and sing songs about SD topics

You'd have to sing them in a soft, cloying, cutesy-wispy voice, and have your boppy/sad instrumentations on pianos, acoustic guitars, and ukeleles.  Because you wouldn't be able to imitate the original Jane's Addiction.