Pfizer CEO says 3rd dose likely needed, with annual injections

Started by TradGranny, April 15, 2021, 04:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on April 17, 2021, 02:12:57 AM
And yes, anyone who is anti vax has read lots on the topic (I myself went to a paediatrician to ask for more information on the benefits of vaccinating my child and about the risks, all he gave me was jargon).  The fact is, our lives would be much easier if vaccines were safe and effective and each time I did research on it, I was hoping to find that chink in the argument against the jabs but the deeper the dig, the more obvious it was to not vaccinate.  17 years later and my kids are the healthiest on the block and I can honestly say it was the best decision.

The vaccination issue is complicated.  It involves a complex risk-benefit analysis and often also has a moral dimension due to abortion derived cell lines.  I normally tend to respect the anti-vax position.

But there is no real medical argument against masks nor is there a moral one.  Refusing masks is a position I see no good justification for.  When people do that they lose so much credibility that I suspect their views on vaccination of being poorly formed.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: diaduit on April 16, 2021, 10:34:14 AM
Quote from: Jayne on April 16, 2021, 06:22:29 AM
Quote from: TradGranny on April 15, 2021, 04:00:47 PM
THIRD Pfizer Covid Shot Needed In Year — POSSIBLY YEARLY, CEO Says
April 15th 2021, 1:40 pm
Pfizer researchers say they're still unsure whether the vaccines "protect" longer than six months.

A third dose of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine will "likely" be needed within 12 months of receiving the previous two doses, the CEO of Pfizer says.

Additionally, "He also said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the virus annually," reports CNBC.

The news was revealed by CNBC in comments made to them by Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla on April 1.

Virtually everything we get from the media is driven by sensationalism rather than accuracy.  Their basic philosophy is "if it bleeds, it leads".  We cannot base our opinions or actions on anything they tell us.  Everything is distorted to sell stories and that is a higher priority for them than truth.

Anyone who knows enough science to understand studies should get information from them directly.  Those who don't know enough science to do that, should find someone they trust to give in depth analysis for them.  These are complicated issues which the media try to reduce to headlines.

From what I can see, most people form their ideas on Covid-related issues, based on tribalism rather than science.  They take the position that they perceive as the one appropriate for "their side".  Then they find sources to confirm what they want to think.  I am talking about both sides - both for and against vaccines, masks, etc.  I don't think anyone does this consciously, but it seems to be very wide spread.

Disagree wholeheartedly ....my stance against this vaccine is based on evidence of corruption, manipulation of data, a natural distrust of Big Pharma based on many scandals and evidence that it can cause severe adverse reactions and death.....not because I am 'right wing' and its the way everybody else thinks.

Yup. Seriously, what should one expect to occur in a culture where 30% of their TV viewing is taken up listening to contraindications from Big Pharma product.  Everything to grow hair, to get an erection, or for grandpa to stay alive another day to take his granddaughter to the park. 

When I was a student, almost 40 years ago, the saying was if it bleeds it leads.  Fires, etc.  I'm not critical of Jayne's word choice here, but it has gone beyond that considerably.  It's outright lies and misinformation designed to trip up the public from concentrating on anything of importance. 

What's amazing is that the channels for communicating are at all time high.  We really do have self publishing and even self broadcasting going on now.  Yet, the cable news shows just repeat the same headline, over and over again and rarely do the flesh out a subject.  If they do flesh it out, it is on opinion shows where it is more a so-called Left vs Right struggle.  In order to obfuscate the issue further.  Because it must be partisan before it can be analyzed. 

if there were any real competition in the media channels would emerge  where intelligence could be found.  The Left/Right Paradigm is the perfect environment for the Uni-Party controlled by the ultra-rich. 

That a-hole Trump, that everyone shed tears for here over a supposed steal, fast tracked this crap to inject on an annual basis.  He did his part.  Now the Democrats will try to mandate that everyone receive it and carry around their vaccine schedule. 

I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Jayne

Quote from: Innocent Smith on April 17, 2021, 09:11:31 AM
What's amazing is that the channels for communicating are at all time high.  We really do have self publishing and even self broadcasting going on now.  Yet, the cable news shows just repeat the same headline, over and over again and rarely do the flesh out a subject.  If they do flesh it out, it is on opinion shows where it is more a so-called Left vs Right struggle.  In order to obfuscate the issue further.  Because it must be partisan before it can be analyzed. 

I read an article recently with the title "Polarization ate our brains" and that pretty much sums up the problem.

TradGranny

Quote from: Jayne on April 17, 2021, 10:10:43 AM
I read an article recently with the title "Polarization ate our brains" and that pretty much sums up the problem.

Do you suppose that the polarization is independent of media manipulation?
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Jayne

Quote from: TradGranny on April 17, 2021, 10:54:32 AM
Quote from: Jayne on April 17, 2021, 10:10:43 AM

Do you suppose that the polarization is independent of media manipulation?

The media is a major piece of it, but the politicians have a lot of responsibility too.  Virtually all of them are more interested in getting re-elected than in promoting the common good.

Prayerful

There are new 'flu strains so new vaccines. I did get a bad strain of 'flu once so have that vax for years, felt worse than food poisoning. A virus with a 99% survival rate is something I'll chance.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Prayerful on April 17, 2021, 05:33:24 PM
There are new 'flu strains so new vaccines. I did get a bad strain of 'flu once so have that vax for years, felt worse than food poisoning. A virus with a 99% survival rate is something I'll chance.

The flu you got felt worse than food poisoning? Do you know its survival rate? If a flu made me feel that bad I'd consider a vax even if death were not a worry, once I was convinced it was moral.

The only flu I know I had was the Hong Kong Flu, around 1968.

QuoteAlternative Titles: Hong Kong flu of 1968, Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968
1968 flu pandemic, also called Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968 or Hong Kong flu of 1968, globals outbreak of influenza that originated in China in July 1968 and lasted until 1969–70. The outbreak was the third influenza pandemic to occur in the 20th century; it followed the 1957 flu pandemic and the influenza pandemic of 1918–19. The 1968 flu pandemic resulted in an estimated one million to four million deaths, far fewer than the 1918–19 pandemic, which caused between 25 million and 50 million deaths.

I was just a kid. I remember pain in my side that was so severe to me that I screamed and my Mom thought I had appendicitis. I remember stomach trouble and high fever and soaking in a tub.  But the serious pain passed in a couple of days and I "just" had a rash all over my body and got to stay home from school for a week.

I get flu shots when I'm making another trip to the doctor.  I have become more knowledgeable about the abortion issue and avoid some shots.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

james03

"Polarization" is the correct course of action based on a Catholic principle.  Error has no right.

When republicans are in charge, there is a great cry for reaching across the aisles.  When the leftists are in charge, they ram through legislation.  Repubs fall for this every time.  Now that a few are waking up and pointing out the wickedness and evil of the left, it is call "polarizing".  Kiss my arse.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteRefusing masks is a position I see no good justification for.

It shows you are a sheep.
They are breeding grounds for bacteria.  Really disgusting.
They don't stop viruses.  There's a reason why virus lab personnel wear space suits and go through a 30 minute decontamination process just to take the thing off.  Human cells can't be seen by a magnifying glass, they are that small.  Bacteria are so small they enter into human cells.  Viruses are so small they enter into bacteria.  Masks are used to teach obedience to your leftist masters.

And Jayne, wearing a mask is so 2020.  If you want to be a good citizen, please follow the current guidelines and wear 2 masks.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

Here's a mind experiment I use to try and get people in the Branch Covidian cult deprogramed.  Suppose you worked in a store, and someone walked in with a truly deadly disease like Ebola or Marsburg.  He comes dragging in with puss dripping out of his ears.  You are behind the counter dutifully wearing your face nappy like a good little sheep.  Do you:

a.  Say, hi, welcome to the store.  How may I help you?
b.  Run out the back door.

The fact that you don't flee off to the woods shows you know deep down it is BS and you are just a sheep.

One more point, I listened to a bio-weapons soldier who worked with the nasty stuff.  His comment about COVID: They didn't shut down the airports, and they kept subways running.  COVID is BS.

diaduit

Quote from: james03 on April 18, 2021, 11:18:10 PM
Here's a mind experiment I use to try and get people in the Branch Covidian cult deprogramed.  Suppose you worked in a store, and someone walked in with a truly deadly disease like Ebola or Marsburg.  He comes dragging in with puss dripping out of his ears.  You are behind the counter dutifully wearing your face nappy like a good little sheep.  Do you:

a.  Say, hi, welcome to the store.  How may I help you?
b.  Run out the back door.

The fact that you don't flee off to the woods shows you know deep down it is BS and you are just a sheep.

One more point, I listened to a bio-weapons soldier who worked with the nasty stuff.  His comment about COVID: They didn't shut down the airports, and they kept subways running.  COVID is BS.

This.

If it truly is a deadly disease then you'd never leave your home, if it is not a deadly disease then why are we locked up. 
Every single one of the covid ninnys I know who hand sanitize, wear the mask, social distance, watch the numbers and count down to vaccine day, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM break the rules in some way or another and quite significant ones at that....it usually involves having family or friends over or crossing many counties to visit family.  One neighbour who is covid committed had drinks and food in a garage loft with prosecco to boot and while sitting there , tut tutted the rising numbers of positives and giving out about those who misbehave.  I left early I couldn't stomach it anymore.

Jayne

Quote from: james03 on April 18, 2021, 11:09:21 PM
QuoteRefusing masks is a position I see no good justification for.

It shows you are a sheep.
They are breeding grounds for bacteria.  Really disgusting.
They don't stop viruses.  There's a reason why virus lab personnel wear space suits and go through a 30 minute decontamination process just to take the thing off.  Human cells can't be seen by a magnifying glass, they are that small.  Bacteria are so small they enter into human cells.  Viruses are so small they enter into bacteria.  Masks are used to teach obedience to your leftist masters.

Masks stop/reduce the droplets and aerosols that carry viruses. (And yes, one should not reuse disposable masks and should wash reusable ones.) The more you write about this, the more it shows how little you understand this disease.

Instead of making up stuff, please show me some real studies that support your assertions.  The only thing you have convinced me of is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Your post is a good example of what I meant by people who form their views based on politics rather than than science.  This has nothing to do with "leftist masters".  I hate leftist ideology at least as much as you do.  I, however, do not feel a need to signal my rejection of it by taking an illogical stance on masks.

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on April 19, 2021, 02:26:40 AM
If it truly is a deadly disease then you'd never leave your home, if it is not a deadly disease then why are we locked up. 

Technically, since some people have died, it is a deadly disease.  You are right, however, that it has a relatively low fatality rate.  This is an uncontested and irrelevant point.  The problem is not the fatality rate of Covid, but the combined fatality rate of every acute illness and accident if the medical system collapses.

Hospital care is already compromised where I am.  I had a grandson at the hospital a few days ago for a head wound.  Normally it would have gotten stitches, but they sent him home.  They had to prioritize patients whose lives were in danger over a kid who would only get a scar.  Public health measures are meant to stop it reaching the point where they have to choose between which lives they save.

diaduit

Quote from: Jayne on April 19, 2021, 05:47:00 AM
Quote from: diaduit on April 19, 2021, 02:26:40 AM

Technically, since some people have died, it is a deadly disease.  You are right, however, that it has a relatively low fatality rate.  This is an uncontested and irrelevant point.  The problem is not the fatality rate of Covid, but the combined fatality rate of every acute illness and accident if the medical system collapses.

Hospital care is already compromised where I am.  I had a grandson at the hospital a few days ago for a head wound.  Normally it would have gotten stitches, but they sent him home.  They had to prioritize patients whose lives were in danger over a kid who would only get a scar.  Public health measures are meant to stop it reaching the point where they have to choose between which lives they save.

Hospitals are not treating anything in ER but the absolute minimum and even at that, the staff are toe tapping to get you out fast.  Neglect is the word you use here not system collapse.  There are many nurse whistleblowers who say they are doing absolutely nothing on the wards .  I'll try to link to one here in Ireland (the Irish Inquiry) where now she is seeing a rush of patients from private hospitals with advance cancer diagnosis (if you don't have private cover here and rely on public system you're screwed and this has magnified beyond belief with covid).  I had to use my cervical smear test as a way in to my GPs surgery to get general check up done and they were dead quiet when I got in.
The system is not under pressure in fact its the opposite.

Hope your grandson is well.

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on April 19, 2021, 09:12:58 AM
Quote from: Jayne on April 19, 2021, 05:47:00 AM

Hospitals are not treating anything in ER but the absolute minimum and even at that, the staff are toe tapping to get you out fast.  Neglect is the word you use here not system collapse.

Neglect is a word I use when there are isolated cases of inadequate care.  When it is a systemic problem (which is what you seem to be describing), then I look for systemic causes, such as lack of staff or resources. 

There are many nurse whistleblowers who say they are doing absolutely nothing on the wards .  I'll try to link to one here in Ireland (the Irish Inquiry) where now she is seeing a rush of patients from private hospitals with advance cancer diagnosis (if you don't have private cover here and rely on public system you're screwed and this has magnified beyond belief with covid).  I had to use my cervical smear test as a way in to my GPs surgery to get general check up done and they were dead quiet when I got in.
The system is not under pressure in fact its the opposite.

You just said that pre-existing problems with the system were "magnified beyond belief with covid".  That does not sound like nothing is wrong.  At any rate, I don't think that we can assume that experiences in Ireland show much about the situation in Ontario.

Hope your grandson is well.

Thanks.  He seems to be fine. 

My daughter has four rough-and-tumble boys that need trips to the hospital several times a year for bumps and broken bones.  That is just one of the many situations that would be affected by overwhelmed hospitals.  This is why people are treating Covid like a serious disease, not because of its (relatively low) fatality rate.