Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on September 22, 2013, 10:36:05 AM
World War Z

Don't bother, this a shameless propaganda piece for the UN and the W.H.O. Both of whom are very evil. All this is wrapped in a very dull movie which has no connection to the book
saw it in the theater and just thought it had too many implausabilitys:
heres a big one...the US military sends brad pitt's charecter and an ELITE...got that? ELITE..... spec ops seal team to extract someone from a zombie infested LZ...but OOPS they dont have NIGHT VISION! gmab! :P
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Larry

EXORCIST III: LEGION. For the most part, a very Catholic film. And very disturbing. There is one scene that may be the scariest moment in any movie I've ever seen.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Heinrich

I watched Young Guns II, half of Das Boot and We Were Soldiers for the 12th or so time. 
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

The Good Shepherd. This was the first time I've seen it since it was released a little while ago. It's an excellent, albeit underrated film.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Larry

Quote from: Archer on September 27, 2013, 03:17:08 PM

One of my all time favorites! To me, this and VERTIGO where the peak of Hitchcock's career. I know many people love PSYCHO and THE BIRDS, but to me they aren't anywhere near as entertaining as Hitchcock's late fifties films(even though they are excellent films in their own right).

piabee

Thought I had posted The World's End but it looks like I forgot.

totiusque

Quote from: piabee on September 27, 2013, 04:48:34 PM
Thought I had posted The World's End but it looks like I forgot.

Been dying to see this.  How was it?  As good as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead?

My last movie watched - Insidious.  It was OK.  Disappointing and not as scary as expected, especially after hearing so many good things about the creator's follow-up of The Conjuring.  Plus the main demon guy just reminded me of Darth Maul...
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Larry

Star Trek: Into Darkness on Blu-ray.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Larry S. on September 28, 2013, 10:37:26 AM
Star Trek: Into Darkness on Blu-ray.

Haven't seen that one yet, but plan on it.

Watched this one yesterday

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

tmw89

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on September 30, 2013, 01:05:56 PM

Ah, good ol' VHS box art... I've come to a new appreciation of it lately, digging through old tapes a while ago.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

The Harlequin King

I saw Inglourious Basterds for the first time. It was alright. Christoph Waltz's character (Colonel Landa, "the Jew Killer") was creepy beyond belief. I believe he's distinguished for being the only actor to receive an Oscar for a Tarantino film, but not only did he achieve this once, but twice (also for Django Unchained).

tmw89

Quote from: The Harlequin King on September 30, 2013, 02:49:56 PM
I saw Inglourious Basterds for the first time. It was alright. Christoph Waltz's character (Colonel Landa, "the Jew Killer") was creepy beyond belief. I believe he's distinguished for being the only actor to receive an Oscar for a Tarantino film, but not only did he achieve this once, but twice (also for Django Unchained).

Even weirder than that is how (IIRC) the two characters are very, very similar.  Not just as a result of the acting, either.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Larry

I watched THE CRIMINAL CODE, a crime/social conscious drama from 1931, directed by Howard Hawks. Really well done, and it has a great supporting turn by Boris Karloff as a tough convict. It was this role that gained him the attention of Universal studios and resulted in his casting as the Monster in FRANKENSTEIN. I love these old movies. Now that October has began, I plan to watch as many old classic Horror films as I can. I'm not a big fan of slasher and gore flicks, but I love the old movies with Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. Many of them are excellent morality plays, and always show the power of Christ over Satan.

Archer

Quote from: Larry S. on September 27, 2013, 04:15:48 PM
One of my all time favorites! To me, this and VERTIGO where the peak of Hitchcock's career. I know many people love PSYCHO and THE BIRDS, but to me they aren't anywhere near as entertaining as Hitchcock's late fifties films(even though they are excellent films in their own right).

Vertigo was pretty good.  I confess that I haven't seen Psycho or The Birds yet.  My favorites (in no particular order) are Rear Window, Spellbound, To Catch a Thief, Dial M for murder, Notorious, and I Confess. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney