To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 07, 2016, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 29, 2015, 08:56:29 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 27, 2015, 02:19:24 PM
Currently listening to a history of the Order of friars preachers.  Very thorough and very good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
That sounds very interesting; where did you get this?

Eastern Province of the Order (St Joseph, in the USA). 

They're working on getting the files back online. 

It's a 24 hour long series of lectures delivered by a Dominican friar in the 1980s.

Which one?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Fr JF Hinnenbusch, OP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Jordan

"No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?"

Jordan

As a former protestant, I never got over my love of certain "contemporary Christian music" artists and bands.   Kings Kaleidoscope, who began at a Mars Hill campus (yes, the Mars Hill group of Reformed faith communities founded by the somewhat infamous Mark Driscoll), are probably one of my favourite current bands.   

But, their origins and doctrine aside, you can't deny they have a great sound and beautiful lyrics about Our Lord. 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNwivwiukCo[/yt]

Who is a rock but our God?
Whose blood has sealed our freedom?
Jesus, our Saviour, Defender, our Redeemer.

I just love the brass in this one.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTanuSK7azw[/yt]

This next one is based on the Psalm 139. 
You are the God who knows and loves me
The God of David, the Rock of Ages
You are the king who dwells above me
The King of Zion, the Mighty Lion

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvpfnnjdTo[/yt]

"No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?"

Cantarella

These are the people of Circassia the lost land of North Caucasus

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJVdvsXgpu4[/yt]
If anyone says that true and natural water is not necessary for baptism and thus twists into some metaphor the words of our Lord Jesus Christ" Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit" (Jn 3:5) let him be anathema.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Duchamp

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 12, 2016, 04:08:35 PM
This reminds me alot of 9 Inch Nails singing Johnny Cashes "Hurt"

Trent Reznor Actually wrote "Hurt"

The first one also reminds me a little of the latest Star Wars movie ^_^ (jk jk... haven't seen it actually.)
Thanks for this version though!

I'm vaguely interested in the new unnamed Radiohead album. This was almost the theme to Spectre. I like the fact that it sounds a little like Adele's bond theme haha. pwnage. (not pwnage, if this youtube video posts it will be an unlikely thing happening):

dymphna17

Quote from: Duchamp on January 12, 2016, 04:34:56 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 12, 2016, 04:08:35 PM
This reminds me alot of 9 Inch Nails singing Johnny Cashes "Hurt"

Trent Reznor Actually wrote "Hurt"

The first one also reminds me a little of the latest Star Wars movie ^_^ (jk jk... haven't seen it actually.)
Thanks for this version though!

I'm vaguely interested in the new unnamed Radiohead album. This was almost the theme to Spectre. I like the fact that it sounds a little like Adele's bond theme haha. pwnage. (not pwnage, if this youtube video posts it will be an unlikely thing happening):

Shall I say Duh real loud, or will this  :doh: do?   :lol:  I completely forgot about Trent Reznor writing "Hurt".  I had just listened to Johnny Cash's version, trying to figure out how it is that a song with the exact same words and similar melody can be so different simply because of who is singing.

I've never been much of a Radiohead fan, but I liked this one.  Thanks!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

MilesChristi

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR13ECD71xU[/yt]

Actually, admiring the melodies that Ellington came up with. Hell of a composer.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

LausTibiChriste

Coldplay's new CD is solid (Colour scheme notwithstanding)

And while I'm at it a little swing music, because swing music and dancing is awesome

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)