Previous topic - Next topic

Older Salt

Quote from: red solo cup on April 24, 2014, 09:02:54 AM
The Family with Robert DeNiro
"The Family" seems to be a VERY impure movie:

From IMDB Parents Guide:

Just post the link, OS.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

erin is nice

Um... it might have been better just to link to the parent's guide, instead of posting all the gory details.

Older Salt

Umm [I have to think about that]

Sorry for posting the impure details.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Arun on April 23, 2014, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 23, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

I agree that the Japanese and others may not consider it a sin, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a sin; just the same as some of the practices that the Missionaries in America found that the Indians were practicing; they were part of the their civil code but were still sinful.

i'm not disagreeing with you about that; however it makes sense that it would be depicted as noble, as thats the way they looked at it. doesn't mean it is, just that it was considered to be.
Of course, I was just issuing a warning to those who might want to see this movie of the objectionable message.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Gardener

The Sound of Music played in the background as I updated my records on all the donations I made to CUFI, and for breaks I read rebuttals to the Leuchter report. Later, after reading the writings of Buddha for inspiration, I prayed the Luminous Mysteries.

St. Thomas Merton, pray for us!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gardener

Actually, I watched The Family (mentioned above)...

Yeah, don't do that.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Archer

Quote from: Gardener on April 24, 2014, 04:06:52 PM
The Sound of Music played in the background as I updated my records on all the donations I made to CUFI, and for breaks I read rebuttals to the Leuchter report. Later, after reading the writings of Buddha for inspiration, I prayed the Luminous Mysteries.

St. Thomas Merton, pray for us!

LOL.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

J. Blevins

I watched The Big Year last night.  Actually a fun movie.

Sent from the galley of the Hispaniola.
Using Tapatalk

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 24, 2014, 03:56:00 PM
Quote from: Arun on April 23, 2014, 04:24:53 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 23, 2014, 04:15:13 PM

I agree that the Japanese and others may not consider it a sin, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a sin; just the same as some of the practices that the Missionaries in America found that the Indians were practicing; they were part of the their civil code but were still sinful.

i'm not disagreeing with you about that; however it makes sense that it would be depicted as noble, as thats the way they looked at it. doesn't mean it is, just that it was considered to be.
Of course, I was just issuing a warning to those who might want to see this movie of the objectionable message.

Or dueling and bullfighting in early modern Europe, lol.

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

voxxpopulisuxx

5th element.

Excellent scifi
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Chestertonian

The 1970's version of Winnie the Pooh 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"