Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilesChristi

Quote from: MilesChristi on March 21, 2013, 05:02:41 PM

The Godfather. I have to use my school library for something.

Part Two
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Archer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 24, 2013, 10:04:40 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on March 23, 2013, 08:35:37 PM
Olympus has fallen.
I cant see this in public...I would be cheering to much for the bad guys lol

Not sure if this is a joke, but considering your posting history I think you probably mean most of it. 

If you had refrained from posting until after you saw the movie, you would know that the bad guys are Korean guerrillas led by an ex-North Korean terrorist.  They have two goals....first to use the President as a hostage to force the United States to withdraw from Korea, allowing the civil war to finish. Second, to detonate all United States nuclear bombs in their silos and destroy the United States as revenge for the death of his mother.   

No matter how much you dislike the government, a nuclear holocaust wiping out the entire population is not something you should desire.  Not only that, but throughout the movie the terrorists brutally kill innocent civilians in mass numbers and also numerous times execution style. If you cheer for stuff like that then I question not only your Patriotism but also your Catholicity. 

Statements like the one you made are ignorant, stupid, and take away from your credibility and from other's who share similar feelings, but who are going about fighting for those ideals the right way. 

Edited: clarity
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

MilesChristi

Archer

Who was that directed at?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

MilesChristi

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Archer on March 24, 2013, 01:00:39 PM
Olympus has fallen.

Not sure if this is a joke, but considering your posting history I think you probably mean most of it. 

If you had refrained from posting until after you saw the movie, you would know that the bad guys are Korean guerrillas led by an ex-North Korean terrorist.  They have two goals....first to use the President as a hostage to force the United States to withdraw from Korea, allowing the civil war to finish. Second, to detonate all United States nuclear bombs in their silos and destroy the United States as revenge for the death of his mother.   

No matter how much you dislike the government, a nuclear holocaust wiping out the entire population is not something you should desire.  Not only that, but throughout the movie the terrorists brutally kill innocent civilians in mass numbers and also numerous times execution style. If you cheer for stuff like that then I question not only your Patriotism but also your Catholicity. 

Statements like the one you made are ignorant, stupid, and take away from your credibility and from other's who share similar feelings, but who are going about fighting for those ideals the right way. 

ya just going by the previews ;D
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Bonaventure

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 24, 2013, 02:00:50 PM
Olympus has fallen.

ya just going by the previews ;D

Huge spoilers. Maybe someone can censor them.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

voxxpopulisuxx

Olympus has fallen.

BTW  SINCE!........I didnt see the movie....I was obviously joking about rooting for the bad guys. The Point is...all those satanic symbols being torn down...Yeah I might think it good...unless you think freemasonic Temples to false gods are things we should weep over when they get destroyed

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

voxxpopulisuxx

911!

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

voxxpopulisuxx

911!

LouisIX

voxxpopulisuxx

ya gotta love cohen dialog

911!

LouisIX

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on March 24, 2013, 06:24:54 PM
ya gotta love cohen dialog

It's true to life, for better or worse.  Sounds like a lot of conversations I had in high school and college, again, for better or worse.