"Getting Out of Dodge"

Started by drummerboy, September 27, 2023, 09:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 05, 2023, 11:22:03 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 11:17:30 AMWhy UAE?

They want to become the capital of the world more than they care about their religion's teachings regarding the treatment of unbelievers.

It's one of the most tolerant countries in the world, as long as you're not gay (which is good).

It's also one of the cleanest and safest countries in the world, and the job market is pretty good.

I spent a month there, could easily see myself moving if the heat wouldn't (actually) kill my wife.

Ironically it's probably the safest place to raise Catholic children imo (no TLM though sadly, but lots of Eastern Rites). You're never going to, even accidentally, see anything impure there.

Plus their golf courses are SICK.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 11:24:40 AMI spent a month there, could easily see myself moving if the heat wouldn't (actually) kill my wife.

Ironically it's probably the safest place to raise Catholic children imo (no TLM though sadly, but lots of Eastern Rites). You're never going to, even accidentally, see anything impure there.

Right now, here in Red State USA, we can go to the TLM, homeschool without permission, decline any and all vaccines, and own almost any gun (provided the fake president's ATF hasn't decided to confiscate them this week.)  Costs are higher than eastern europe but lower than the UAE, and the job market here is good.

I haven't really identified with this country since the 9/11 false flag, but the (apparent) freedoms are enough to keep us from leaving (for now).

We keep our passports handy, though.
this page left intentionally blank

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 05, 2023, 11:31:35 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 11:24:40 AMI spent a month there, could easily see myself moving if the heat wouldn't (actually) kill my wife.

Right now, here in Red State USA, we can go to the TLM, homeschool without permission, decline any and all vaccines, and own almost any gun (provided the fake president's ATF hasn't decided to confiscate them this week.)  Costs are higher than eastern europe but lower than the UAE, and the job market here is good.

I haven't really identified with this country since the 9/11 false flag, but the (apparent) freedoms are enough to keep us from leaving (for now).

We keep our passports handy, though.

I've looked at moving the the States (can't believe I actually admitted that). Unfortunately I am a white, well to-do Canadian so immigrating is very tough.

UAE would give us connections to Europe, Moscow, Canada and South America, which is a plus for us, especially Russia for my wife.

We're lucky - we have a lot of options should poop hit the fan. Europe, UK, Canada, South America and Russia.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:00:18 PMI've looked at moving the the States (can't believe I actually admitted that). Unfortunately I am a white, well to-do Canadian so immigrating is very tough.

It's easier than you think.  The people who have to wait in long queues are the ones without money, jobs, or advanced degrees.  You're some kind of ATC?  Or in a related job?  You would be in very high demand and not have much of a wait.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:00:18 PMUAE would give us connections to Europe, Moscow, Canada and South America, which is a plus for us, especially Russia for my wife.

It really does seem like a great place.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:00:18 PMWe're lucky - we have a lot of options should poop hit the fan. Europe, UK, Canada, South America and Russia.

Indeed.  Getting multiple passports is often one of the first things that Americans do once they realize that they have enough money to make SHTF emigration a real possibility.  Maybe I'll have that problem someday  ;D

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 05, 2023, 12:06:20 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:00:18 PMI've looked at moving the the States (can't believe I actually admitted that). Unfortunately I am a white, well to-do Canadian so immigrating is very tough.

It's easier than you think.  The people who have to wait in long queues are the ones without money, jobs, or advanced degrees.  You're some kind of ATC?  Or in a related job?  You would be in very high demand and not have much of a wait.

It's harder than you think - I've seriously looked into it. No ATC, no tech skillz. I could start a business and go that and/or investment route if I get rich enough...but if I were to do that I'd rather just go to the UAE tbh.

I'm still working on finishing up my pilots licenses but even that wouldn't help - otherwise every Canadian pilot would already be over the border. The States pays WAYYY better than Air Canada ever could.

- MaximGun

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:11:56 PMI'm still working on finishing up my pilots licenses but even that wouldn't help - otherwise every Canadian pilot would already be over the border. The States pays WAYYY better than Air Canada ever could.

How bad is it at AC?

It is true that the US3 pay their pilots pretty well, but all of their regional subsidiaries (like Republic, Envoy, etc.) pay terribly.  You would do better waiting tables at TGI Fridays than you would flying planes for one of the regionals.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 05, 2023, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:11:56 PMI'm still working on finishing up my pilots licenses but even that wouldn't help - otherwise every Canadian pilot would already be over the border. The States pays WAYYY better than Air Canada ever could.

How bad is it at AC?

It is true that the US3 pay their pilots pretty well, but all of their regional subsidiaries (like Republic, Envoy, etc.) pay terribly.  You would do better waiting tables at TGI Fridays than you would flying planes for one of the regionals.

Your regionals are getting better though, it's not as bad as it used to be. But it definitely was awful.

A 12 year 777 Captain at AC will pull in about $250k/yr depending on a lot of factors. But your first 3 years are frozen and start off at something abysmal like 50, then 60, then 70. A lot of guys won't make the jump from places like Jazz because going from a Dash 8 captain making 90/yr to get pegged down to 50 just doesn't make sense. That's all CAD $ btw.

A 12 year 777 Captain at the US can easily hit $350-400k from some of the talk I've heard around town.

China used to be the best - commuting contracts and pull in 5-600k.

And then there's the ME3 which is also tax free.

- MaximGun

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:28:24 PMA 12 year 777 Captain at the US can easily hit $350-400k from some of the talk I've heard around town.

That number is low, actually.  A Captain here can make that flying narrowbodies.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:28:24 PMAnd then there's the ME3 which is also tax free.

Plus you'd have a crew that actually cares about the passenger experience instead of slacking off and then retorting with some nonsense about how their primary job is safety.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 05, 2023, 01:06:01 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:28:24 PMA 12 year 777 Captain at the US can easily hit $350-400k from some of the talk I've heard around town.

That number is low, actually.  A Captain here can make that flying narrowbodies.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 05, 2023, 12:28:24 PMAnd then there's the ME3 which is also tax free.

Plus you'd have a crew that actually cares about the passenger experience instead of slacking off and then retorting with some nonsense about how their primary job is safety.

Amen.

I'd honestly fly for one of the big private jet operators if I could. Not ridiculous pay like US3 or ME3, but its nothing to shake a stick at, and the lifestyle is jammy

- MaximGun

Mr. Mysterious

The way things are going no place on earth is going to be safe barring Divine intervention.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

dymphnaw

Don't go somewhere where your American self will stand out from a mile away. Your wife and your daughter will attract attention. A few years ago a foolish family decided to go to Costa Rica. Everything was fine and then one day men from the village raped, robbed and murdered the wife. I'm not sure if the surviving family came back to the States or not but they learned that they learned the hard way that nope, they didn't fit in and no, nobody local had their back.