"Getting Out of Dodge"

Started by drummerboy, September 27, 2023, 09:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

So, not withstanding James' excellent thoughts in this post:
https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=31000.0

Let's say things get really bad in the US and we want to get ot of here.  Where's one to go?  I don't buy conservative talk radio hosts that proclaim, as though it's dogma, that the US is the last and only hope of humanity (that's Christ and His Church) and there's nowhere to go.  Assuming it's economic collapse, sodomy, and an oppressive bolshevist spy state we're fleeing, the options are limited.

Western Europe is following the same path as the US, so they're out of the question.  South America isn't much better.  As far as I see, the best options are probably east Europe and perhaps some of the former French and British colonies (such as west Africa and India-although they're completely heathen). How about some of the central European states, like Austria and Czech Republic?  I believe they've gone the way of the US as well.  And no discussion would be complete without including Russia, if even for the sake of argument, but I doubt Americans would be welcome there after our undeclared war against them. 

Discuss.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

The Curt Jester

"Dodge" is everywhere. Why run?
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

LausTibiChriste

Good question,

Virtue dictates that we ought to take some measure to "get out of dodge" while we can, if we have the capability. But it can only go so far and be within reason. History is ripe of tribes/people etc. moving because conditions in their current place were shite.

I think you need to start by listing your priorities and what you're "getting out of dodge" from. We're all Trads here so I think easy access to solid (let's say SSPX for arguments' sake) sacraments is probably at the very top. Then comes physical safety and security for you and your family (don't want them getting shot or starving), then everything else. Ironically, this is why I'm looking to possibly move to France:
- Overrun with immigrants? Check
- Liberal, anti-Catholic d-bags in power? Check

But, more SSPX priories in one province than all of Canada. Can't beat that.

I grew up in Western Canada and almost the minute I became Catholic I realized what a spiritual shithole it is and wanted to leave. Accessibility to the sacraments notwithstanding, now that I live in old Europe, I am literally no more than a 15-minute walk from a cathedral that was consecrated years before Canada was even discovered. If you're aesthetically inclined like I am, that matters.

In another post I made recently, I mentioned I have family in Canada, southern South America and Russia. If nuclear war kicks off, you're just worried about physical survival - good luck getting to the sacraments when nukes are flying. So if I had to, I would flee to 1 of those 3 places with my wife and kids in tow - if God let me. Otherwise, we might just have to eat the fireball here and who cares really? We're Catholic, we shouldn't long for here.

As for the specific states you mentioned, Austria is cucked AF - they were throwing people in prison for not masking, forget it.

Czech was relatively calm during COVID but if you think ANY state in Europe is going to actually reject the elites' desires, good luck. The ones who seem to do so (Hungary) are controlled oppo.

Russia and any properly anti-Jewish state is your best bet. Let's all move to Iran!!!

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

I would like to visit Iran.  Very hospitable people.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Greg on September 27, 2023, 11:59:45 PMI would like to visit Iran.  Very hospitable people.

Agreed, they are great.

I'm starting to dabble in Farsi - beautiful language.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

OzarkCatholic

Spouse had Italian heritage and so would qualify for citizenship.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

drummerboy

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on September 28, 2023, 07:57:41 AMSpouse had Italian heritage and so would qualify for citizenship.

How far back?  I looked up Czech citizenship, out of curiosity, and your parents or grandparents had to be Czech nationals (so I'm out of luck).

drummerboy

Quote from: The Curt Jester on September 27, 2023, 10:50:10 AM"Dodge" is everywhere. Why run?

You do have a point.  And if some divine chastisement (Bishop Williamson believes it's imminent,10-15 years) comes it's likely the while world will be affected.  Still, we don't know the future and a back up plan in your back pocket never hurts.
 This post is half-serious and half- hypothetical musings.  I would like to have a country in mind so I could start studying the language.  But the biggest obstacle is my wife.  She's super attached to her family.  If it was just myself I'd be making plans to move.

Greg

That is a pretty major obstacle.

If she likes her family then they are an important factor in your marriage.  She probably gets a lot of value from them
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: drummerboy on September 28, 2023, 09:45:11 AM
Quote from: The Curt Jester on September 27, 2023, 10:50:10 AM"Dodge" is everywhere. Why run?

You do have a point.  And if some divine chastisement (Bishop Williamson believes it's imminent,10-15 years) comes it's likely the while world will be affected.  Still, we don't know the future and a back up plan in your back pocket never hurts.
 This post is half-serious and half- hypothetical musings.  I would like to have a country in mind so I could start studying the language.  But the biggest obstacle is my wife.  She's super attached to her family.  If it was just myself I'd be making plans to move.

I've been told the ChastisementTM has been on its way for at least a decade.  :lol:

But, if the USA gets ruined/destroyed, how would you leave the country and go elsewhere?  Seems highly impractical, to be honest. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Michael Wilson

a member here: Big Bad Trad, moved his family from the U.S. To South America, then to Europe (various locations) then came back here to St. Mary's; pretty much the whole world is gone to pot. Choose the best place to keep your faith and die in the state of grace if the "big bang" comes.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

drummerboy

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 28, 2023, 02:58:18 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on September 28, 2023, 09:45:11 AM

I've been told the ChastisementTM has been on its way for at least a decade.  :lol:

But, if the USA gets ruined/destroyed, how would you leave the country and go elsewhere?  Seems highly impractical, to be honest. 

You may have misread me.  I concede the point you're making.  If a chastisement comes the whole world, not just the US, would likely be affected so why bother fleeing.

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on September 28, 2023, 01:06:39 PMThat is a pretty major obstacle.

If she likes her family then they are an important factor in your marriage.  She probably gets a lot of value from them

Indeed. 

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on September 27, 2023, 11:59:45 PMI would like to visit Iran.  Very hospitable people.

This reminds of that British TV show years back called "An Idiot Abroad." The hosts (Ricky Gervais) take an English guy (Kyle Pilkington) that hates traveling and stick him in odd situations while traveling the world.

drummerboy

Although I should clarify, I'm not talking so much about fleeing a moral wasteland as the impending financial and societal collapse of the US.  A guy should pay attention to who joins the BRICS pact, considering the coming collapse of the dollar.