SSPX will consecrate three bishops in June of this year

Started by andy, April 01, 2023, 01:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmartyr

My priest of the SSPX just confirmed today that they are going to consecrate either one or more bishops. They are reaching out to Francis for permission. The way I understand it, they will do it with or without his ok. Father said that he wishes they would consecrate twelve, since they have almost six times the priests they had in 1988. Deo Gracias!!!
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Stefan

Bishop Huonder has consecrated Holy Oils for the SSPX, now used without murmur in Europe and Asia. This perhaps was a trial balloon. Next he may well undertake Confirmations and Holy Orders for the SSPX. He could well be regarded as the 4th SSPX Bishop.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Stefan on June 03, 2023, 06:49:56 PMBishop Huonder has consecrated Holy Oils for the SSPX, now used without murmur in Europe and Asia. This perhaps was a trial balloon. Next he may well undertake Confirmations and Holy Orders for the SSPX. He could well be regarded as the 4th SSPX Bishop.

I'm legitimately surprised this has not caused more of a kerfuffle.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jean Carrier

I'm surprised they've waited this long. I imagine the Curia will try the same tactic from '88: delay, delay, delay.
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Jmartyr

Quote from: Stefan on June 03, 2023, 06:49:56 PMBishop Huonder has consecrated Holy Oils for the SSPX, now used without murmur in Europe and Asia. This perhaps was a trial balloon. Next he may well undertake Confirmations and Holy Orders for the SSPX. He could well be regarded as the 4th SSPX Bishop.

Which would be pretty dumb as far as strategy goes. He's pretty old.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Baylee on June 06, 2023, 06:00:02 AMNope.

https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/bishops-sspx-be-consecrated-june-30-2023-83072

I thought this was way too polemical to be a serious response to serious rumors. 

Also, it's humorous, because numerous SSPX attendees have said the Mas centers are being primed for a consecration announcement.  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 06, 2023, 08:32:39 AMAlso, it's humorous, because numerous SSPX attendees have said the Mass centers are being primed for a consecration announcement.  :lol:

Not at my "Mass center" chapel.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

What's really funny and ironic about this is that someday, years from now, it will be true and some person will take credit for having been right all along. lol
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Baylee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on June 06, 2023, 08:32:39 AM
Quote from: Baylee on June 06, 2023, 06:00:02 AMNope.

https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/bishops-sspx-be-consecrated-june-30-2023-83072

I thought this was way too polemical to be a serious response to serious rumors. 

Also, it's humorous, because numerous SSPX attendees have said the Mas centers are being primed for a consecration announcement.  :lol:

Quite honestly, they only had to write a paragraph (if that) to say "No, the rumor is untrue....there are no consecrations coming on November 30".

OCLittleFlower

These are the sort of rumors that will eventually be true -- there's no way that more bishops won't someday be consecrated. So, sometimes they will be false. Will it be this month? Maybe not. But it will happen *eventually*. It has to.

The party line has been "it'll be done when needed" for a long time now, so in that sense, they've been "priming us" for the announcement for a long time now. Eventually, the superiors will decide it needs doing and they'll do it.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.