"Bishops Delegate in charge of the "Extraordinary Form"

Started by Older Salt, August 12, 2015, 09:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Older Salt

Does anyone else have, in their diocese, a Delegate from the Ordinary for the TLM?

In my diocese the Ordinary delegated one priest to oversee the TLM in the whole diocese.

The Ordinary wants to have nothing to do with the TLM so he "appointed" one priest to do this.

This priest offers the TLM at his parish 3 days a week [in the middle of nowhere] and at the Cathedral once per month, but he [this priest] is very jealous of the TLM in this diocese.
He has "forbidden several younger priests from offering the TLM in their parish whilst the pastors would let them.

In this he is backed up by the Ordinary.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Kaesekopf

My current archdiocese does not have something like this, but it seems like there is an atmosphere of a "ghetto TLM" implicitly encouraged - I don't know whether it's the Stockholm-Syndrome'd Una Voce chapter or if it's fostered by the archdiocese, but there is definitely a "one church only for the TLM", at least in the old guard.

I also know the neighboring archdiocese has a "Dean" who does not like the TLM and stifles it in his deanery.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

With that all said, the power with regards to the TLM is no longer with the Bishop, so those associate pastors are free to say the TLM and appeal to Ecclesia Dei (or whichever congregation) if their rights as priests are infringed.

That said, it's up to the priest how far he wants to take it and how much he wants to "make waves".
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.