go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

I think I'm gonna stay up late, like 10:30 or so. Besides I had wine. Will have to rid my self of it before sleep. And yes Lynne. Do say your prayers. And if you feel so inclined, you know where I'll be in the morning. Remember. Blueberry is my favorite. Just sayin..... plus I don't like bagels. But I love coffee.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ches, if you'd go to sleep earlier I wouldn't have to wait so long to say good morning.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

On my way. Goodnight you night owls. Meet ya'll at the coffee pot for a "good morning". Now...don't be annoyed, you don't have to respond. Just bring the coffee.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 04, 2016, 06:30:06 PM
Ches, if you'd go to sleep earlier I wouldn't have to wait so long to say good morning.
ha.. is 1030 and I just woke up.  I am cat napper, i getsleep here and there
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 04, 2016, 06:22:43 PM
Quote from: Lynne on October 04, 2016, 06:04:27 PM
Getting ready to go to bed, within the next hour or so...

Good night!

Don't forget to say your night prayers!

Done!

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 04, 2016, 06:23:35 PM
Ok. Lynne do we have permission to tell you to get the crap to bed if we see you here in an hour fifteen?

Ha! I was upstairs just turning the light off...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

On your way, Lynne? I'll be sleeping by 10. No one to entertain me here. Dymphna.....you in your easy chair? Well, go to bed. You might actually sleep. Hope your dumb head doesn't keep you up. Ches, I know you cat nap but just maybe a full nights sleep for you. Non nobis, you have an hour. Everyone pray. First one up makes the coffee. Second one up dumps it and makes fresh. Don't leave it on the burner too long. I'll be getting up whenever hubby does, so if you're an early bird, don't expect company. 7:00 is great. 6:30 is acceptable. Now don't start bragging about how early you get up.  REALLY! Would you if you didn't have to? Be honest.

dymphna17

So, if I don't go to sleep for 3 or 4 days (as is my tendency to do), does that qualify me as being first one up?  Also, do you all really want someone who doesn't drink coffee, ever, making your morning cup o' joe?  Just clarifying.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 05, 2016, 08:14:37 PM
So, if I don't go to sleep for 3 or 4 days (as is my tendency to do), does that qualify me as being first one up?  Also, do you all really want someone who doesn't drink coffee, ever, making your morning cup o' joe?  Just clarifying.   8)

Nope. No thanks to you making coffee. Besides you would be too tired to get measurements right. So no.

Carleendiane

Dymphna, forgive me for using the bed thread to communicate with you. Wait.....your the one who started this. Any way, Lynne said we can't talk in the night thread in the morning. Lynne said.

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

Winding down. Hope to be turning in soon. Took my melatonin. ten o'clock seems a good time to turn in. Kaese, don't stay up all night. You know coffee beer seems like an oxymoron. one relaxes, another excites.How can that make sense? I'll have to think on it. Or, sleep on it.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 07, 2016, 07:51:22 PM
Winding down. Hope to be turning in soon. Took my melatonin. ten o'clock seems a good time to turn in. Kaese, don't stay up all night. You know coffee beer seems like an oxymoron. one relaxes, another excites.How can that make sense? I'll have to think on it. Or, sleep on it.
nice I wish we were turning in baby's awake he thinks it's playtime and our 6 year old is cuddled up in the middle of our bed nothing wakes this kid up, hell sleep through the chastisement.. got my biPAP thing on he calls me "Darth Dad"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

PerEvangelicaDicta

This is a sweet thread.

In addition to melatonin,  I find magnesium to be wonderful for a good night's sleep  :)

Good night, dear friends of Christ.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Carleendiane

Some of you are just getting warmed up at this time, I know Kase is. I've had my wine. Not ready to sleep yet. Too entertained by Greg and Louis's exchange and Penelope's choice of attire for her class reunion she's not even sure why she's attending.Even if Ches is sleeping now that doesn't mean he will be in an hour.

I'm just warming up the go to bed thread. Already said rosary with husband who is nowhere near ready to turn in. My dog is though. He's exhausted. I wish I were a dog sometimes. Not often, but geesh, they just conk out anywhere. Its not fair. No wine, no melatonin, no wrestling with sleep. Plus he never has to get up during the night! Never. Plus he always looks cute in the morning. No bedhead.

Chestertonian

just woke up from a long nap....the night is young (until i go to sleep that is)

everyone else in the house is quiet but the Mrs sets alarm for 11:30causethat is when my dialysis is over