Bishop Sanborn discusses the Una-Cum Mass

Started by awkward customer, July 04, 2023, 03:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Quote from: Julio on August 19, 2023, 03:31:17 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on August 15, 2023, 12:00:27 PMGood Heavens.

Here is your pope:

Freedom is a right of every person: each individual enjoys the freedom of belief, thought, expression and action. The pluralism and the diversity of religions, colour, sex, race and language are willed by God in His wisdom, through which He created human beings. This divine wisdom is the source from which the right to freedom of belief and the freedom to be different derives.

(Francis and Grand Imam Ahmad Al-Tayyib, "A Document on Human Fraternity for World Peace and Living Together", Vatican.va, Feb. 4, 2019)

So what if he did that? Still you cannot judge him. I am not surprised if you canonized a non-saint. When you provided a quote coming from Mons. Marcel Lefebvre and called him a saint I was taken aback because I knew that there was no such canonization that was done by the Holy Church about that. I find that disturbing, brother, and that is because on what authority do you call him a saint? You don't usurp the authority of the Church. This is my last post in this forum.

Thank you for the opportunity for taking part in this forum. My gratitude to you and KK together with the rest of your friends who started this forum. I shall pray for you brothers and sisters.

Lol
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

AlNg

Michael Wilson

Julio,
QuoteSo what if he did that? Still you cannot judge him. I am not surprised if you canonized a non-saint. When you provided a quote coming from Mons. Marcel Lefebvre and called him a saint I was taken aback because I knew that there was no such canonization that was done by the Holy Church about that. I find that disturbing, brother, and that is because on what authority do you call him a saint? You don't usurp the authority of the Church. This is my last post in this forum.
People were openly calling Padre Pio a saint years before he was canonized, even during his own lifetime. This isn't an example of "usurping the authority of the Church". If a priest installed a picture or statue of Msgr. Lefebvre in the Church and had votive candles in front of it for people to light, and invoked him publicly as "saint" Lefebvre; this would be installing a public cult to him and then he would be usurping the authority of the Church. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers