For Sale: Living the Little Office, Mass of All Time, Fatherhood and Family

Started by Kaesekopf, January 26, 2014, 10:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Hey all,
Trying to trim some possessions and turn some books I won't get around to reading in the near future into some cash.

So, I am offering the following Angelus Press books for sale.

"Living the Little Office" by Sr. Marianna Gildea, R.S.M, printed by Angelus Press.  It's in like new condition.  I read the first dozen pages or so and never got around back to it.  $12 would be the price (includes media mail shipping via USPS).

Quote from: Angelus PressThe Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary is one of the liturgical treasures of the Catholic Church. With a history of over one thousand

years, it has been prayed by clerics and faithful alike. Living the Little Office provides a guide, explanation, and aid to understanding and
praying the Little Office.

This book is intended primarily for those who want a simple explanation of the Psalms along with practical meditations. It follows the order
of the Office itself and guides one through the prayers as they are prayed. The Scriptural commentary is thorough, yet not overwhelming.

Let Living the Little Office lead you to a more profound devotion to Our Lady and adoration of the Divine Majesty.

"The Mass of All Time" by Abp Marcel Lefebvre.  New condition, never read.  Price for this is $25, media mail shipping included.

Quote from: Angelus PressThe Mass of All Time is a collection of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre's sermons, classes and notes on the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass...a compendium of what he taught on the Mass - its rites, spirit, prayers, theology, spirituality, and grace. Many of these texts have never been published before.

Fr. Patrick Troadec, rector of the Society of St. Pius X's seminary in Flavigny, France, collected and organized the Archbishop's manifold writings and speeches on the Mass and presents them here, in two parts.

Part one is a running commentary, gleaned from all the works of the Archbishop, on the prayers, parts and actions of the liturgy. Part two covers the New Order of Mass promulgated by Pope Paul VI in 1969 and includes commentary on liturgical history, the liturgical revolution and the history of the SSPX's defense of the old and rejection of the new. Again, the words are those of Archbishop Lefebvre, woven together by Fr. Troadec.

The Archbishop is known for his courageous defense of the Tridentine Mass but never before have his insights been collected in such an accessible and complete format. Especially now, with a renewed interest in the "extraordinary form" due to the Holy Father's motu proprio, this book is ideally timed because it is primarily a "positive" book coming from him who is too often known as the "Rebel" or "Renegade" Archbishop.

Here we see the love and depth of understanding that Marcel Lefebvre had for the Mass of all time. Polemics are not excluded, but they take a back seat in this volume. With the release of the motu proprio, it seems there has never been a more ideal time for traditionalists AND those new to the "Old" Mass to see this side of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre...indeed, the more important side as it was his love of truth and the Mass as handed on to him that fueled his battle to defend it.

"Fatherhood and Family" by Integrity Magazine.  This is in good condition.  I've read a bit of it here and there, but haven't gotten back around to it.  Price for this is $7, media mail shipping included. 

Quote from: Angelus PressThe role of fatherhood Catholic fatherhood has been diminished in three ways. First, it has become smaller. Fewer things are defined as a father's distinctive work. Secondly, fatherhood has been devalued. Third, and most important, fatherhood has been decultured - stripped of any authoritative social content or definition.

The question is, What do fathers do? The tragedy of our society is that it can't answer the question and neither can most Catholics. Forward - thinking Integrity Magazine gives answers:

Men, Mary, and Manliness
The Family Has Lost Its Head
Economics of the Catholic Family
Afraid to Marry?
Glorifying the Daily Grind
The Heroism of the Big Family
Bringing the Church into Work
Forward to the Land.
Holiness for Men
The Confirmed Hero
What Is a Grown-up?
The Father in the Home
A Man's Work
Our Work Can Help Us to Pray
Money, Money, Money!
The State, Our Common Good

If you are interested in two or three of them, I will offer a discount.  PM if interested.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Gardener

Is the Fatherhood and Family a comprehensive work? Amazon has indications of volumes and I'm unclear on whether this is a total publication or if I'd need to track down other parts for a complete set.

Count me first in line for that, please.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Stu Cool

Quote from: Gardener on August 04, 2014, 12:53:05 PM
Is the Fatherhood and Family a comprehensive work? Amazon has indications of volumes and I'm unclear on whether this is a total publication or if I'd need to track down other parts for a complete set.

Count me first in line for that, please.

Gardener,

It is part of a set.  Please see this link http://angeluspress.org/Books/Family-Life/SET-Integrity-1-2-3-4

I have them.  They are pretty good except it is a little dated being from the 50s.

Kaesekopf

Gardener

Ok, but based on that info it's part of a set which isn't integral to the part which it is, i.e., I won't need to find Fatherhood vols 1,2,4.

As such, I'll take it.

Please PM with payment address and type preferred (check, MO, etc.)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Yay!  :)  I will pm later this evening (at work now). 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk